Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 PM

20 posts, read 43,553 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I just got offered a job in Bedford. I'm planning on renting to start with since I do not know the area very well. Any apartment recommendations for a single late 20s guy? Obviously closer to work the better but willing to commute a bit for a better neighborhood. I can afford up to $1500 a month.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,253 times
I live in the Broadstone Lowes Farm Apartments and it is a very nice community. Was built a year ago but it is in Mansfield, south of Bedford. I commute from Mansfield to Bedford and it is not that bad. The rent is around $800 for a 1 bedroom, I think around 1,100 for 2br., you have the option of a garage. I think Broadstone has another property closer to Bedford.....Good Luck!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:08 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Look at the area in North Richland Hills at Hwy 26 and Cannon. They are loft-style and are proving quite popular with people seeking an urban lifestyle in the suburbs. Grapevine also has some loft apartments at Main Street and 26 that are quite similar.

There is NO reason to make the long commute from Mansfield to Bedford, and a young single would be bored to DEATH in such a family-oriented town...

Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 AM

394 posts, read 1,257,301 times
For a guy in his twenties I'd have to second Grapevine... maybe. There are lots of good apartments in Bedford. For the weekends and just to have more interesting neighbors than just a bunch of family folk, I'd really look to Grand Prairie or even Euless, though. Grand Prairie will keep one a bit closer to interesting things to do on the weekend in Arlington (sports events, quite an eclectic mix of restaurants and shopping). The same - albeit differently - for Grapevine.

-Eric

Old 09-17-2009, 06:05 PM

394 posts, read 1,257,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S View Post
For a guy in his twenties I'd have to second Grapevine... maybe. There are lots of good apartments in Bedford. For the weekends and just to have more interesting neighbors than just a bunch of family folk, I'd really look to Grand Prairie or even Euless, though. Grand Prairie will keep one a bit closer to interesting things to do on the weekend in Arlington (sports events, quite an eclectic mix of restaurants and shopping). The same - albeit differently - for Grapevine.

-Eric
Let me give you direct recommendation: Look at the apartments off of Riverside Parkway in north Grand Prairie just off of 360. Those apartments are all nice and safe. They even have parking garages available. That would give you a really quick commute to Bedford via either 360 to 183 (in the opposite direction of traffic) or take Green Oaks Blvd. to Industrial Blvd, if you want to avoid hwy hassles. Either way is easy and in inclement weather, having a surface street option will save you time. Even better is that living on that side of Grand Prairie means that you are close to all of the sports attractions of Arlington AND you have tremendous access to the northern suburbs if the social scene of Southlake appeals to you.

I stayed at Towns of Riverside Apartments while house hunting earlier this year.

I envy you. You are going to have so much FUN!

-Eric

Old 09-17-2009, 07:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
frankly there are plenty of apts in Bedford itself--they are (mostly) older ones but some have trees which offer some privacy and greenery that others don't
I have never lived in any but the ones I thinkmight be nice are north of Harwood--off Cummings --I think they are called Amherst--might have quite a few families because they are close to a top-notch elem school...but there are some off Harwood and Martin that someone I taught with lived in

Grapevine is nice town and Bedford itself has some places with bars like Razoo's and Duke's

I don't know why you would want to live someplace like Grand prairie and drive to Bedford
Grapevine has some new apts right in downtown
the ones in NRHills off 26 are nice and close to Kroger and some restaurants but that is busy area--no trees--but not really urban like Dallas or downtown FTW

Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 PM

20 posts, read 43,553 times
Thanks guys. Keep up the replies! I'm leaning towards a quiet place close to Bedford since it seems like restaurants/attractions aren't too far away anywhere you go...

Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 PM

54 posts, read 204,709 times
The Bear Creek apartments (there are several of them) that are along ash lane/bear creek/harwood are nice. I know the neighborhood is nice, always people jogging and walking their dogs.. there is a park, dog park very close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth