Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Pro Sport Should FW Get?
Women's NBA Team 0 0%
CHL ('AA' Hockey) Team 0 0%
Relocate FC Dallas or Get Another MLS Team 1 14.29%
Minor League Soccer Team 0 0%
UFL (Minor League Football) Team 0 0%
Fw Can't/Won't Support Pro Sports 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:10 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
You know, you live up there in Chicago and you are preaching to us about what should and should not happen here and your opinion on things. Future Fort Worth Cowboys?? Like they are going to rename a team like the Dallas Cowboys to the Fort Worth Cowboys. You are a total IDIOT!! They don't have the Rangers either. The Mavs will soldier on in Dallas whether you like it or not. American Airlines Center is too grand and the team can do well without Dirk or they will find somebody else.

Further proof that the Rangers are Dallas': Dallas has no college sports teams like Fort Worth does. Towns with college sports teams are usually making up for not having any team in the majors other than minor league.
I also live in Houston and I go to school in Austin.

So I know a bit about Texas and how it goes. I live in both Houston and Chicago as far as home goes. I go to UT in Austin. And have lived in Texas for 14 years of my life. Went to elementary all the way to college in Texas. I did one hear of high school in Dallas (TAMS).

So I'm not just preaching, I'm stating the facts. You can handle it, lol that's your loss. But Fort Worth is getting ready to change the name of the Cowboys. And you're wrong what the team is called is up to the owner not the city or the NFL... hahahaa Jerry already moved it to Fort Worth's side, he might as well make it official and name them too while he's at it.

As for NBA, Fort Worth can get a team of their own, they don't need some hand-me-down from Dallas.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I also live in Houston and I go to school in Austin.

So I know a bit about Texas and how it goes. I live in both Houston and Chicago as far as home goes. I go to UT in Austin. And have lived in Texas for 14 years of my life. Went to elementary all the way to college in Texas. I did one hear of high school in Dallas (TAMS).

So I'm not just preaching, I'm stating the facts. You can handle it, lol that's your loss. But Fort Worth is getting ready to change the name of the Cowboys. And you're wrong what the team is called is up to the owner not the city or the NFL... hahahaa Jerry already moved it to Fort Worth's side, he might as well make it official and name them too while he's at it.

As for NBA, Fort Worth can get a team of their own, they don't need some hand-me-down from Dallas.

First off, where is your source that the Cowboys are about to be renamed?? Why would they rename a hugely popular team like the Dallas Cowboys to the name of a lesser known city?? That's stupid.

The poster that I responded to said that Fort Worth should shut down the Mavericks. The Mavericks are not in Fort Worth so they have no business shutting them down. Also, the NBA is the one that decides that anyway. The Mavs are not going anywhere anyway.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
First off, where is your source that the Cowboys are about to be renamed?? Why would they rename a hugely popular team like the Dallas Cowboys to the name of a lesser known city?? That's stupid.

The poster that I responded to said that Fort Worth should shut down the Mavericks. The Mavericks are not in Fort Worth so they have no business shutting them down. Also, the NBA is the one that decides that anyway. The Mavs are not going anywhere anyway.
The NBA has NO jurisdiction where the team plays and what the teams name is. That is strictly up to the owner.

I don't have a source for the renaming, but you can tell Jerry likes Fort Worth more.

Yeah Arlington is a suburb of the Metroplex and also a suburb of Fort Worth, NOT Dallas's suburb at all.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned quote

List of Texas metropolitan areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That link tells me it's Fort Worth's suburb. And a suburb in the Western portion of the Metroplex (Fort Worth's side) If you can show me any link that says Arlington is a "suburb" of Dallas only without them stating Fort Worth like the way I showed you it's Fort Worth's suburb with my link. Then I'll believe you.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:45 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
too many trollish posts in deleted posts. closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth