Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 PM

5,125 posts, read 6,158,214 times

Advertisements

I think the Ballenger corridor would be a good place to start looking. There are good routes both to the270 Corrider and to 70 to head east to New Market. There are good 'back roads to other parts of south and west Frederick County and for all of it you can avoid the 'mini mixing bowl' where 270 and 70 meet (Traffic can be horrible there especially on Fridays and Holiday 'getaway days')

Welcome to Frederick County!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 12:26 PM

14 posts, read 51,729 times
Move to the city! There are a lot of affordable nice places to buy or rent and you will be 5 minutes from everything. If you absolutely must do suburbs, parts of Ballenger Creek aren't bad, and there are nice new townhouses on the North end by Frederick Community College.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 19,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonrofl View Post
Move to the city! There are a lot of affordable nice places to buy or rent and you will be 5 minutes from everything. If you absolutely must do suburbs, parts of Ballenger Creek aren't bad, and there are nice new townhouses on the North end by Frederick Community College.
Do you happen to know what the community is called or who the builder is near the community college?

Thank you!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:37 PM

7,154 posts, read 11,444,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chindle View Post
Do you happen to know what the community is called or who the builder is near the community college?

Thank you!
Keep in mind that living north of the City proper means having to go down Rt. 15 before you even hit I-270. It will add more congestion and time on the commute.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:19 PM

5,125 posts, read 6,158,214 times
Living out near FCC (Frederick Community College) Would probably add 15 minutes to your afternoon commute. It may add about the same to your morning commute but I'm not as sure of that because I'm already well down the road by that time. US-15 from the 70/270 junction over to the Rt 26 Junction is a clogged traffic jam most days. Fender benders are a pretty regular occurrance.

It is a nice area out that way but I think you can do as well on the side of Frederick closer to your jobs

Old 07-20-2012, 07:10 AM

7,154 posts, read 11,444,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Living out near FCC (Frederick Community College) Would probably add 15 minutes to your afternoon commute. It may add about the same to your morning commute but I'm not as sure of that because I'm already well down the road by that time. US-15 from the 70/270 junction over to the Rt 26 Junction is a clogged traffic jam most days. Fender benders are a pretty regular occurrance.

It is a nice area out that way but I think you can do as well on the side of Frederick closer to your jobs
Amen, It sure was when I lived there 5 years ago. I literally had a five minute window to hit to cross town for work (7:25? if memory serves.) If I hit my window, I could get from point to point in 15 minutes. If I missed it, it was more like 30-45 minutes. Rt. 15 is a dangerous road when it gets congested. There aren't good on or off ramps, so cars stop on the entrance ramps and back up on the shoulder to exit; a recipe for an accident. I wouldn't do it, I just went an extra few miles up and looped back through town, which had traffic too.

Traffic is a reality of life in Frederick City. If you add that traffic to I-270 commute traffic, you have a bit of a double whammy.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:37 AM

The builder I believe is Ryan homes but I'm not positive. From experience, the commute southbound on Route 15 in the morning isn't that bad until you get to 85 which is the exit you'd be coming from if you move to Ballenger Creek. It would only add like 10 minutes at the most to your commute, in my opinion. However, you may want to be more south... Urbana would possibly be a compromise, closer to Montgomery County and there are new builders there and really pretty (in my opinion, and I'm picky when it comes to new houses) townhouses from the builder Main Street Homes. Google main street homes urbana and you can find some information.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 AM

6 posts, read 19,709 times
Urbana is perfect, that would be our first choice if we could find something in our price range! From what I have seen though, everything is a bit more expensive.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 AM

They have quite a bit of resales and I'm guessing with the way things are today there are deals to be had. check zillow and type in your price range to urbana, md. you should get some results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick