Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 08:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Stay safe on all fronts.
Thank you.

MAN OVERBOARD! One of our crepe myrtles went down, and also there's a big limb down in the back yard. But the pool is fine!

Good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 09:29 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you.

MAN OVERBOARD! One of our crepe myrtles went down, and also there's a big limb down in the back yard. But the pool is fine!

Good times.
That was some scary Texas weather on the news this morning. Can the tree be put back?

Old 04-12-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That was some scary Texas weather on the news this morning. Can the tree be put back?
Well, we put it back and restaked it and they are tough little buggars, so I think it stands a good chance of making it. If not, oh well. We'll replace it.

The weather this morning in NE Texas was crazy! Ironically, in my "memories" on social media, we were under a tornado warning exactly a year ago today as well. Springtime in Texas...never a dull minute...

Good news is that the pool did not flood and no dirt washed across the patio, even though we got torrential rains for a good hour or more. I think we got over 3 inches.

Now it's beautiful and sunny outside. And some neighbors came by with a chain saw and pole saw and helped us cut down and then cut up the big limb that was broken and hanging over our shed and fence looking like death and destruction! I thought that was so nice of them - they just showed up and said, "Let us help you." Well, ok then!

Old 04-13-2020, 07:57 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
new plan. i told my wife the paver that i asked to be quoted and she didnt like it. she actually mentioned one that was cheaper, so i wasnt going to complain. then i gave her the cambridge brochure and of course she picked on that i believe is actually more expensive. the guy gave me a techo bloc catalog also but i didnt show that to her because some of the stuff looked way too awesome and expensive.

here is what she liked (i think its really cool also):

Old 04-13-2020, 08:36 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
new plan. i told my wife the paver that i asked to be quoted and she didnt like it. she actually mentioned one that was cheaper, so i wasnt going to complain. then i gave her the cambridge brochure and of course she picked on that i believe is actually more expensive. the guy gave me a techo bloc catalog also but i didnt show that to her because some of the stuff looked way too awesome and expensive.

Very nice!

Old 04-13-2020, 08:38 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Well, we put it back and restaked it and they are tough little buggars, so I think it stands a good chance of making it. If not, oh well. We'll replace it.

The weather this morning in NE Texas was crazy! Ironically, in my "memories" on social media, we were under a tornado warning exactly a year ago today as well. Springtime in Texas...never a dull minute...

Good news is that the pool did not flood and no dirt washed across the patio, even though we got torrential rains for a good hour or more. I think we got over 3 inches.

Now it's beautiful and sunny outside. And some neighbors came by with a chain saw and pole saw and helped us cut down and then cut up the big limb that was broken and hanging over our shed and fence looking like death and destruction! I thought that was so nice of them - they just showed up and said, "Let us help you." Well, ok then!

That's great of that neighbor! Glad you fared well. I'm in N. Alabama and it was pretty hairy here last night. Town near me got hit pretty bad with tornadoes. It's a mess out there this morning.

Old 04-13-2020, 02:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
We didn't consider that, but it should be filled up by noon today.
Pool party at Kathryn's house!

Old 04-13-2020, 03:01 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Thank you!

It's white plaster with 33 percent blue quartz on top.

It's just a personal preference but I prefer a lighter pool than a darker pool. I get the heebie jeebies thinking about swimming in a dark pool. Also, from what I understand, this light plaster will help keep the water cooler, by a few degrees. In Texas this is really important - LOL!

It should be filled up by this afternoon!
I agree. lol

Your pool looks beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

Lol

Nice pavers!

This thread has actually been one of the things I look forward to during this time. Thanks to you guys for posting pictures. It's been fun watching the progress.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Pool party at Kathryn's house!
That water is still freaking cold! We are dying to get in it but ummmm, no...not yet!

Old 04-13-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

This thread has actually been one of the things I look forward to during this time. Thanks to you guys for posting pictures. It's been fun watching the progress.
I had to remark on this. I have gotten several messages saying this. I'm glad, and I'm glad we did it, even though right after we started on it all hell broke loose in the world. But we had the money set aside already and in fact had paid for most of it, so oh well...

It's been a blessed relief to us, to focus on all this instead of just sitting around the house bemoaning the state of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden