Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,527,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new jersey mike View Post
Get back to your garden and shape the proper hedge

Love it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:40 AM

2,377 posts, read 5,405,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new jersey mike View Post
Get back to your garden and shape the proper hedge
Mike...I'd like to put in an order for 8 of those hedges.. maybe 12...please send them to me ASAP...

Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 AM

633 posts, read 1,950,961 times
Well it's all up to you it is called topiary. I would suggest a hedge that does not loose its leaves in winter.
So get crackin !
Topiary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudy Rose View Post
Mike...I'd like to put in an order for 8 of those hedges.. maybe 12...please send them to me ASAP...

Old 03-12-2010, 08:59 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
I need two of those, one facing each neighbor.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,128,608 times
Jude, I do not believe this is funny. The situation is not a gut feeling as some are taking the post that way. It really is how neighbors respect each other. Providing another neighbor a small amount of repsect in how the back yards of their homes may offend their neighbors and showing respect should have been their first step.

Funny because I too would still love my neighbors but some times keeping clear of them for a time may give them the right picture. However, I would inform them that I am not angry at them but their new fixture has given us a rather different view of our once beautiful and serene view of nature.

Of course making a natural ledge of potted plants would work for you but still make it known to them you would have liked to have been informed of what they were going to do so you can adjust your sight and adjust your shrubs to delete the mechanical thing in their yard.

We had a swimming pool with the required fence installed in Pa home 10 years ago but we first asked our neighbors just because I did not want bad feelings. They said it was a great idea. When it was finished we had such a great big party and everyone was invited. We had the party catered. I was just amazed at the amount of people and party stuff can fit on 3/4 of an acre lot.

We no longer live in Pa but no matter what we do to our grounds we like to include our neghbors in our decisions. We even asked them if it was ok if we planted 8 palm trees on our present home lot and they said "Of course". We had a party when we finished. Why not!

I always told my wife we all need to "start off slow then ease up"....

You still have a view of nature even though it may be narrowed. You have a great attitude. Please keep it up and good luck.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:24 PM

273 posts, read 700,795 times
Plant some Kudzu around it, in about a week nobody will see it.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:51 AM

1,216 posts, read 5,778,626 times
Jude -- I"m glad to hear you got the issue resolved.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,307,727 times
Normally, I don't post to threads that have over 5 pages, but I found this interesting.

If your HOA has regulations on satellite dishes then your neighbor is likely in the wrong. And this is why HOAs is among one of my most HATED organizations! I would live in a desolate barn first. I live in a culdesac that my husband and I refer to as "the neighborhood of low expectations", because we are so lax about what eachother does. While we would never be featured in a "home magazine", I like it that way.

I have a friend in SE Portland, an old hippie who likes colors, and M&Ms. He bought an old house and made a plan to paint it in M&Ms colors, each side with a different one. He met with the neighbors to the sides and front of him, and he told them up front that he was definitely going to do this, BUT he had them all pick the colors they could live with from their sides. It was an amazing strategy. So one side is green, another red, etc. . . With a yellow door. It's actually quite pretty (but I like colors).

Old 03-13-2010, 03:57 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,323,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
Jude, I do not believe this is funny. The situation is not a gut feeling as some are taking the post that way. It really is how neighbors respect each other. Providing another neighbor a small amount of repsect in how the back yards of their homes may offend their neighbors and showing respect should have been their first step.

Funny because I too would still love my neighbors but some times keeping clear of them for a time may give them the right picture. However, I would inform them that I am not angry at them but their new fixture has given us a rather different view of our once beautiful and serene view of nature.

Of course making a natural ledge of potted plants would work for you but still make it known to them you would have liked to have been informed of what they were going to do so you can adjust your sight and adjust your shrubs to delete the mechanical thing in their yard.

We had a swimming pool with the required fence installed in Pa home 10 years ago but we first asked our neighbors just because I did not want bad feelings. They said it was a great idea. When it was finished we had such a great big party and everyone was invited. We had the party catered. I was just amazed at the amount of people and party stuff can fit on 3/4 of an acre lot.

You still have a view of nature even though it may be narrowed. You have a great attitude. Please keep it up and good luck.

Reps to you! It's all about respect for one another. Yes, it is your property but you need to have some thought about your neighbor especially when in close proximity to one another.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,869,230 times
Neighbor put satellite dish smack in middle of landscaping

Well, if this is your biggest complaint, you really do not have many problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden