Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,138,113 times

Advertisements

I think all of you are pretty rude to Jude. So he's upset, he typed something he probably doesnt completely mean, cant tell me NONE of you have been there. Cant tell me none of you havent complained about some obnox. thing your neighbor put in their yard but was visable from yours. Gee wiz.
Jude, I hear you. I would invite them over, let them see what you see and ask them what their ideas are. I didnt realize how ugly some crap on the side of our house looked like until I had dinner at our neighbors and was sitting in their dining room looking out their window to the side of our house. Cleaned the area up the next day.
DOnt listen to all these other people. I dont think you will stop being friendly with your neighbors, I think you are just a little upset. I take my yard and my gardening very seriously, but even more than that I remember that when I live in close quarters with other people, I need to be respectful of them as neighbors as well and If I dont want to be respectful, its time for me to move to the hills and not have neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
Just because someone is upset I am not going to encourage them to operate out of line. That type of request is absurd. And to hold a grudge about it? That is insane.

My parents had a neighbor like this and they took them to court over the apple tree he decided to cut down without asking so he would not scratch his pretty truck. Turned out his parking space was not up to code and he had to comp the parents for the tree and was fined for contructing the drive without permits as well. He also was one of those creepy people that put out poisin for cats. To which I also got him fined for.

You overstep your establisted real world bounds, and believe in created ones that you assume everyone else believes in...that is what lack of sanity is.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:39 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,036,935 times
Actually, I have never complained about something my neighbors legally had in their yard.

Have I called and complained about junk cars? You betcha. Have I called about piled up trash? Yuppers. Have I called about dogs being left out all day and night to bark and annoy everyone? Yes, again. You get the idea.

If, the said dish was placed illegally, then the OP has the right to say something to the neighbor and the installing company. But, since he's just complaining because HE finds it ugly , then that's just a personal problem.

I have to wonder how the OP would feel if someone came to his door and said " I demand you to repaint your house, I find the current color visually unacceptable!!!!!!"

Old 02-27-2010, 02:21 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
^^real world bounds ahoy!

There are paint color regs in some places. I always found that funny.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:25 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,138,113 times
In a neighborhood with an HOA you would probably have to get approval for a new drive AND an poor choice in paint color...that's why some people choose to live in areas with strict HOA's, to avoid discussions like these.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You are telling them what to put in thier yard? Are you serious?
Yes it can be done with view lots there are stipulation as to what and how high things can be put.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Actually, I have never complained about something my neighbors legally had in their yard.

Have I called and complained about junk cars? You betcha. Have I called about piled up trash? Yuppers. Have I called about dogs being left out all day and night to bark and annoy everyone? Yes, again. You get the idea.

If, the said dish was placed illegally, then the OP has the right to say something to the neighbor and the installing company. But, since he's just complaining because HE finds it ugly , then that's just a personal problem.

I have to wonder how the OP would feel if someone came to his door and said " I demand you to repaint your house, I find the current color visually unacceptable!!!!!!"
Well as far as paint color if it is ok'd by the HOA tough.

If not there are homes that need someone go up to the door and make such a request!

Old 02-27-2010, 03:06 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
I think all of you are pretty rude to Jude. So he's upset, he typed something he probably doesnt completely mean, cant tell me NONE of you have been there. Cant tell me none of you havent complained about some obnox. thing your neighbor put in their yard but was visable from yours. Gee wiz.
Jude, I hear you. I would invite them over, let them see what you see and ask them what their ideas are. I didnt realize how ugly some crap on the side of our house looked like until I had dinner at our neighbors and was sitting in their dining room looking out their window to the side of our house. Cleaned the area up the next day.
DOnt listen to all these other people. I dont think you will stop being friendly with your neighbors, I think you are just a little upset. I take my yard and my gardening very seriously, but even more than that I remember that when I live in close quarters with other people, I need to be respectful of them as neighbors as well and If I dont want to be respectful, its time for me to move to the hills and not have neighbors.
If it was an old rusting car I could understand, but it's not, it's probably and 18" disk...

The OP would have really hated me... When my son was a kid I built him a club house about 4' X 8' and 12' high on stilts with a trap door to the roof with railing around it..

He and his friends had a ball playing in that thing..

Old 02-27-2010, 03:16 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If it was an old rusting car I could understand, but it's not, it's probably and 18" disk...

The OP would have really hated me... When my son was a kid I built him a club house about 4' X 8' and 12' high on stilts with a trap door to the roof with railing around it..

He and his friends had a ball playing in that thing..

Exactly.

Live and let live.

My neighbor built a house next door and when he could see my house from his he built a huge two car garage right next to my house. Yeah. The thing is as high or high enough to block out my house from his view.

What did I do? Nothing. It was built 15 feet off the property line. It was all legal. I just look at it as a good wind stopper for my backyard. More privacy. It would do no good to complain. Actually, I think I might buy it from him someday and move the lot line over so it's my garage.

To fix your problem Jude you should run a cable line over to the dish and say to him, "You don't mind if I hook into your dish do you?" I'm sure it would be mounted on his roof the next day.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:35 PM

277 posts, read 627,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Exactly.

To fix your problem Jude you should run a cable line over to the dish and say to him, "You don't mind if I hook into your dish do you?" I'm sure it would be mounted on his roof the next day.
What good would that do? The dish needs to be hooked up to a subscribed receiver.

The O.P. is a perfect example of why I live out in the boonies with multiple acre lots, worry about your own yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden