Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:14 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times

Advertisements

I live in San Diego, CA. I was born and raised here and I do love it. it is a very unique city in that it offers a lot that others cities don't also the weather is a plus.

Other Cities I would love to live in:
Los Angeles
Albuquerque
Santa Fe
possibly Seattle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 09:37 AM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
I guess if you didn't love where you live, then chances are you wouldn't be living there now, right?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I guess if you didn't love where you live, then chances are you wouldn't be living there now, right?
well, one would think so, but with all the pissing and moaning and lack of personal responsibility i see on these boards, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:21 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,102,327 times
I love living in Durham, NC. I love pretty much everything about it except the very hot summer weather and lack of water and/or mountain vistas. Most of all, I love the down-to-earth people and the incredible foodie/restaurant/farm-to-table scene here. I can't imagine too many places on the east coast I'd rather live.

I liked living in Raleigh, NC but nowhere near as much as Durham. I lived out in the burbs and felt the area lacked a true identity.

I loved living in Fort Collins, CO. As a previous poster noted about south Denver and the views, a trip to anywhere involved breathtaking views of the Rockies...and it is blessed with one of the best climates in the country, IMO. It was also plenty close to Denver to be convenient to city amenities.

I also loved living in Flagstaff, AZ. It was a bit isolated, and while that made some things difficult (shopping for furniture, cheap air travel, etc...) it also added to the charm. Fantastic climate and an amazingly diverse range of landscapes and climates within a 100 mile radius...including the Grand Canyon! Fantastic dining in town, too.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
I definitely love where I live: Orlando, FL.

I love a lot of other places too so I would be happy living in a lot of places.
In many cases, the place does not make you happy and people relocate to get away from problems that follow them.

I did grow up in the Portland OR area and I don't like it there too much. It is beautiful and clean and has a lot of great things going for it, but I just didn't like the weather.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
For where I am in life right now, it's great living here in Lubbock. It's a very family-friendly small city that has many of the positives of college towns (cultural and athletic events, great educational opportunities, diversity) without many of the negatives (crime, high cost of living). The people are incredibly friendly, and the weather is pleasant 90% of the time (think of a warmer version of Denver). The drawbacks for me are the relative isolation and the lack of outdoor activities and beautiful natural scenery (the city itself looks nice though). It's not the most exciting place in the world for a high schooler, but I can appreciate why my parents chose to have their family here. A year from now, it will be time for me to move on (probably to Austin or the Bay Area), but for now, I'm just going to enjoy the simplicity of living here.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,962 times
I live in NJ, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, at least in the U.S., I love it here.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
I don't know. Lol. I'm always torn by this question. Minneapolis is my home, but I enjoy touring and traveling more than ever... but I always come back to Minneapolis and say "home sweet home".

Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
meh

Philly's cool but i'd rather live up by NYC

Old 07-27-2010, 08:27 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
I love both Raleigh and Miami Beach and I call both places home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.