Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:54 PM

824 posts, read 3,602,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Those aren't the typical American populace though. The only racial difference we are obsessed with is skin color. Not whether Colin Farrell looks like an Irishman or a Spaniard.
Colin farrell could pass for both, But Im still leaning to the Irish side of course!.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:05 PM

244 posts, read 592,647 times
This is impossible to categorize or simplify, since even Europe is a clusterf**k of eachother, there are stereotypes but they only hold so much truth when you actually look at the whole of the European population...

That being said...I think I could be considered a typical "white american" just based on my families ancestry alone. My mom's family is from Southern Italy, and my dads family background traces to England, Ireland, France, and Germany....pretty typical I would say. I have lived and traveled extensively throughout Europe and I have not only blended and been presumed to be from whatever country I was in, I have also been guessed or sworn to be everything you can imagine...Greek, Finnish, Russian, Spanish, Czech, French, Romanian, English etc etc....which I think just goes to show that while some people can be unmistakably Nordic, or Middle Eastern or whatever....there is too much similarity and exceptions to be able to classify a particular look to anyone of a particular European ancestry.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioLM View Post
This is impossible to categorize or simplify, since even Europe is a clusterf**k of eachother, there are stereotypes but they only hold so much truth when you actually look at the whole of the European population...

That being said...I think I could be considered a typical "white american" just based on my families ancestry alone. My mom's family is from Southern Italy, and my dads family background traces to England, Ireland, France, and Germany....pretty typical I would say. I have lived and traveled extensively throughout Europe and I have not only blended and been presumed to be from whatever country I was in, I have also been guessed or sworn to be everything you can imagine...Greek, Finnish, Russian, Spanish, Czech, French, Romanian, English etc etc....which I think just goes to show that while some people can be unmistakably Nordic, or Middle Eastern or whatever....there is too much similarity and exceptions to be able to classify a particular look to anyone of a particular European ancestry.

maybe most people just dont analize those thigns deeply, if you go to a place where 90% plus are of ethnic national origin, its obviously you will be thought as a local unless you look very african or chinese.

That you are being assumed to be french because they spoke you in french doesnt mean you look stereotypically french.

Its always fun to sit on airporst and see the differences of the different groups of peoples of different nationalities.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:19 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,021,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Whites look alike. You can not tell a German apart from an Irishman, Englishman, Russian, etc. You would also not be able to distinguish a European from a white American if they were dressed exactly the same and had the exact same hairstyle.
I agree. I don't see the big diff between German and British and Irish features. Really I don't. And I've known plenty of German descent people. Although smaller in number than other areas they are noticeable enough by their last names-Rothenberger, Feibel, Stahl, Teutsch, Ehrhardt just to name a few around the local area where I live. Those aren't British and not Jewish either.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
I agree. I don't see the big diff between German and British and Irish features. Really I don't. And I've known plenty of German descent people. Although smaller in number than other areas they are noticeable enough by their last names-Rothenberger, Feibel, Stahl, Teutsch, Ehrhardt just to name a few around the local area where I live. Those aren't British and not Jewish either.

They are no pure germans and even if they were their diversity dont represent he diversity in the home countries as they tended to migrate from specific regions..

Those german girls for example look nothing like british women..

There is a huge difference between british and germans phenotypically wise, however I might agree with you about the British and irish people, they are more similar than different.

http://www.assist-inc.org/sites/assi...v2_2013-14.jpg

there are more than a few who I could have thought as being Czech and even polish. Most of them dont look remotely british at all.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:41 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Op, Germans and Brits do not look different from each other at all. You're off base on this.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:43 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Most white Americans are mixtures of those three. And in all regions of the country as well. There is less German ancestry in the South and there is less English ancestry in the Midwest. But I bet you won't be able to find a white American today who doesn't have at least a little of all three of those ancestries in their veins.

Why do you need to bring your trolling to the American forums, OP? You annoy everyone with your senseless posts.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Op, Germans and Brits do not look different from each other at all. You're off base on this.
Agreed. I couldn't point out people from either of those two countries. The OP has some VERY WEIRD obsession with screaming that the English are dark complected people. The truth is that he has never even left South America. He has never even been to the countries to see the people he posts about. All he does is sits at his computer all day and trolls various forums. He posts the same nonsense on the yahoo forums and several others that various posters have called him out on.

Traveler86 is the definition of a mouth-breathing internet troll. It is what he does day in and day out. lol. The only time it stops is when he gets banned. Unfortunately, that hasn't been permanent yet.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:01 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Most white Americans are mixtures of those three. And in all regions of the country as well. There is less German ancestry in the South and there is less English ancestry in the Midwest. But I bet you won't be able to find a white American today who doesn't have at least a little of all three of those ancestries in their veins.
I can find plenty.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Agreed. I couldn't point out people from either of those two countries. The OP has some VERY WEIRD obsession with screaming that the English are dark complected people. The truth is that he has never even left South America. He has never even been to the countries to see the people he posts about. All he does is sits at his computer all day and trolls various forums. He posts the same nonsense on the yahoo forums and several others that various posters have called him out on.

Traveler86 is the definition of a mouth-breathing internet troll. It is what he does day in and day out. lol. The only time it stops is when he gets banned. Unfortunately, that hasn't been permanent yet.
Brits look nothing like germans, If you tell me Austrians look similar to Bavarians or some Northern/Western germans look similar to dutch I would somewhat agree, but Brits look nothing like germans, Its clear that you are the one who never left your hometown in middle arkansas.

So please shoe me a random group of british students that remotely look similar to those.

http://www.assist-inc.org/sites/assi...v2_2013-14.jpg

Answer is Not, because british have completly different facial features in the same way a group of french people look very different from a german one.

typical british islander features:

http://london-wembley.victoriahall.c...mmodation1.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.