Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about your current city?
Love it here, setting up roots in the area 125 50.61%
Its alright, im content for now 73 29.55%
Hate it or highly dislike it here.. Im leaving as soon as possible 49 19.84%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 09:35 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812accucheck View Post
Literally cant name 1 good thing bout CLT... city is trash, sorry austin is in a diff league. Its up there with seattle, boston, SF, etc.

Austin blows every city away imo
Now I'm thinking you have never been and just trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 10:09 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Austin is not on par with Boston, San Francisco or even Seattle...I'm sorry.
For real..

Dallas and Houston are closer and even then they're still far away. At best Austin is more comparable to Portland and Denver (both of which I'd pick a million times over Austin.)

Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,217,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
I understand not that many people have voted but it is very nice to see how many people enjoy living where they are currently located
this is very true. There's nothing like really loving where you live. Those of us that have lived in places that we did not enjoy in the past know this!

Old 10-26-2016, 08:37 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I'm from a small metro in east TN. It's okay - there are good outdoors activities nearby, people are friendly, and no traffic congestion. Amenities are lacking as far as things to do not outside, dating scene is bad, it's relatively isolated.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:48 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812accucheck View Post
literally cant name 1 good thing bout clt... City is trash, sorry austin is in a diff league. Its up there with seattle, boston, sf, etc.

Austin blows every city away imo
lol!!!

Old 10-26-2016, 08:38 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,337,794 times
I had to choose the moving immediately, but I don't hate Louisville. I like it here. There obviously pros and cons. I just know for a fact it is NOT where I want to live forever and plan on leaving as soon as I can. But I'm happy for the time being while I'm here.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:08 PM

641 posts, read 801,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
For real..

Dallas and Houston are closer and even then they're still far away. At best Austin is more comparable to Portland and Denver (both of which I'd pick a million times over Austin.)
I'll defend a little...

Austin is a great city and very pretty but there's no way it's prettier than San Fran, Savannah, or Charleston. San Fran is the prettiest city in the country.

I'd pick Houston and Dallas.

Houston is severely underrated. Yes it's huge so what happens outside the inner loop gets lumped in with Houston. But if you focus on the inner loop (which has a population similar to Sacremento and pop density similar to Boston) you will see the true beauty of the city. It's also not as ugly as people make it seem to be. It's a world class city (Austin can't lay claim to that) and has a low cost of living.

So I wouldn't say Dallas and Houston are far away from Boston, San Fran and Seattle. Both Dallas and Houston are Beta + cities (Yes San Fran, Boston are Alpha - but thats only one level higher and both will be Alpha - by 2020). Seattle isn't even close. Austin isn't even ranked. Dallas and Houston's Metro population and GDP are higher than the other metros and it isn't even close.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:21 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,469,704 times
I spend the majority of my time in LA even though I'm in Scottsdale quite often. I have a love-hate relationship with LA. I kinda like living here because there is so much to do, it truly is a world class city, and it's a great place to start a career. You can't beat the pacific ocean. The mountains surrounding the city are beautiful, the restaurants are the best in the world, the nightlife is great, and the museums are even better. Having said that, I find LA to be overbearing. I HATE the traffic (any reference to the 405 makes me cringe lol), the monotonous weather(although it's been raining recently), how run down a large chunk of the city is, the architecture(dingbat apartments are the worst), and I hate how spread out everything is. Don't get me wrong, I think it is one of America's greatest cities, BUT I think it's a far greater city to visit than it is to live in. If an option opens up for me in DC or another city of my liking then I'm leaving this megacity as fast as I can haha.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:36 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,294 times
Yeah what 812accucheck said! Austin beats every city hands down. You guys don't have near the population that we have, or the transportation either. NYC, Chicago are laughable compared to Austin transit! And food.... man where to begin. Whataburger bro.... it tops everything including New Orleans.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:40 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
I live in beautiful Charleston, S.C. absolutely love it. Can't think of any other place I would rather live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.