Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about your current city?
Love it here, setting up roots in the area 125 50.61%
Its alright, im content for now 73 29.55%
Hate it or highly dislike it here.. Im leaving as soon as possible 49 19.84%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 02:08 PM

97 posts, read 122,798 times

Advertisements

^^People calling me crazy when I say Austin TX is the best city in the nation. Look at all those users saying Austin is amazing. People have no plans to move away from this city. Never met a sad Austinite. Austin is booming and i love it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 02:59 PM

828 posts, read 691,106 times
I live in Tampa Bay, Florida, and I love it. I'd consider moving one day if the right opportunity knocked, but it is really beautiful here.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:37 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,411,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
I live in Tampa Bay, Florida, and I love it. I'd consider moving one day if the right opportunity knocked, but it is really beautiful here.
I grew up in Tampa. Could not wait to get out. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:42 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
I love the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. Really, the area from Tampa over to Orlando, then to Melbourne/Titusville is an area we really love. So much to do and really beautiful.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:56 PM

345 posts, read 530,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I grew up in Tampa. Could not wait to get out. Different strokes for different folks.
why is that?

Old 10-29-2016, 05:04 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,411,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
why is that?
Cannot stand heat/humidity. Really don't like Florida in general at all. City is spread out, I love urban. I left and never looked back. Also...lack of good paying jobs, high car insurance, horrible drivers, etc. I could go on and on.

I absolutely love cold weather and urban cities. Many FL natives do leave. But Tampa is one of the better cities Florida has, so I'll give it that.

There's also something about living your whole life in one place that is really not for me.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:26 PM

21,532 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLoFan View Post
What's some pros and con's of your current city?
Pros:
Wonderful views
Moderate weather
Great restaurants
Shopping, culture, public transportation
Access to world class hospitals and medical care
Cultural diversity and an international flavor

Cons:
Expensive
Homeless problem is a blight on the downtown area
Foggy and cool summers

Quote:
Are you a native or a transplant? If you are a transplant, where are you from originally and why you moved?
I grew up in the Bay Area, so I'm a semi-native. I've loved San Francisco since I was first taken to visit there as a child.
Quote:
Do you like living there, hate it, or have more of a neutral view? If you hate it, where would you go if you had the chance?
I enjoy living here and feel fortunate that my husband and I bought our house in the 1980s before real estate prices went sky high. California's Proposition 13 keeps our property taxes reasonable, only about $3,000 a year. I am appalled reading what people pay in other parts of the country.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:48 PM

389 posts, read 329,998 times
Mason Ohio - Small City Living in the heart of the Cincinnati-Dayton metro area. Yes we like it quite a lot.

If I were younger I might be attracted to some other areas but at this stage I really can't see life being better in a different area.

PROS:

+ Great Schools
+ Safe very low crime
+ Four seasons without most of the extremes you see further north or further west
+ Plenty of amenities
+ Traffic not bad for a larger metro area
+ Minutes into both Cincinnati and Dayton and practically sitting in the shadows of Columbus, Indianapolis, and Louisville and all they have to offer.
+ Easy drive to some of the nations most beautiful recreation and hiking areas with red river gorge, hocking hills, Cumberland Mts, Great Lakes...............
+ Affordable housing cost

CONS:
- High property taxes

Old 10-29-2016, 06:00 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812accucheck View Post
^^People calling me crazy when I say Austin TX is the best city in the nation. Look at all those users saying Austin is amazing. People have no plans to move away from this city. Never met a sad Austinite. Austin is booming and i love it
It's not that you say that you think Austin is the best city in the nation that people are commenting on. We all have differing opinions of what cities we're drawn to for various reasons. It's just that your views and opinions of Austin (flawless perfection) and cities you don't like (no redeeming factors whatsoever) are so extreme and unreasonable, that such an opinion isn't credible at all. We all have our favorite places, but also realize that NO PLACE is perfect, even our favorites. Being blind to that fact shows one as not capable of being objective in their views of any area and can't be taken seriously.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:08 PM

324 posts, read 387,247 times
I'm in central NC. We are usually in Lexington on a large lake and also have a condo at Sunset Beach near the SC line. It doesn't get much better than that for me.

walessp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.