Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 08:07 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Considering that I'm due to get my masters in History and Geography, I highly doubt it.
LOL! Okay.

Quote:
There's a difference from going somewhere, and actually going to a place, and embracing that place's history/culture.
And? You don't know me, or anything about me. You have absolutely no idea how I travel.

Quote:
I'll be attending Caribana in Toronto in a few weeks, you probably wouldn't know too much about it, or how much it means to Toronto's Urban Culture.
Guess again, kid. I've lived in Mississauga. I've been going to Toronto since before you were born, I know more about it than you ever will.

Quote:
You've been to places, but your mind is still stuck in Atlanta. Whenever I travel, I blend in and adapt. You're not letting yourself become objective to the ideas and distinctive cultures that surround you; and that's how you've come to where you're at now...
Again, you don't know anything about me. To assume and state this crap is the most delusional thing you've posted yet.

You've been proven wrong, repeatedly. You were caught in an outright lie. You have continued to move the goalposts throughout this diatribe as it's suited your strange agenda.

In other words, you will stop at absolutely nothing to prop Birmingham up to absolutely insane levels with beyond outrageous claims. You're an embarrassment to Birmingham in my opinion, and a discredit to the more level-headed posters from there.

And I don't believe you've been to 1/10 of the places you claim to have visited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 09:16 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,415,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
And? You don't know me, or anything about me. You have absolutely no idea how I travel.
Considering your lack of acknowledging the local culture and distinctiveness between two cities, you're not doing a very good job influencing that.

Quote:
Guess again, kid. I've lived in Mississauga. I've been going to Toronto since before you were born, I know more about it than you ever will.
lol you lived in Sauga; if the TTC couldn't get you home, then you're not from Toronto. I'm not from there, and still probably have more of an idea of what's going on locally than you do.

Quote:
Again, you don't know anything about me. To assume and state this crap is the most delusional thing you've posted yet.

You've been proven wrong, repeatedly. You were caught in an outright lie. You have continued to move the goalposts throughout this diatribe as it's suited your strange agenda.

In other words, you will stop at absolutely nothing to prop Birmingham up to absolutely insane levels with beyond outrageous claims. You're an embarrassment to Birmingham in my opinion, and a discredit to the more level-headed posters from there.
I don't have to know you, it's implied with how you're posting. I have yet to be proven wrong, considering you haven't even remotely sat there to let yourself engulf the idea of Atlanta and Birmingham being two distinctively different cities; your only response was that I was..yet again delusional, even though I've posted proof of various sources literally explaining the same exact thing, the SAME exact thing lol. You're honestly acting like such of a carajito to the point where it's blatant stubbornness.

I could care less about being an embarrassment to Birmingham, I'm not even from there to even give a crap lol. And nor do I care enough to get validation from other Birmingham posters.

Quote:
And I don't believe you've been to 1/10 of the places you claim to have visited.
You don't have to believe it; my hobby and career allows to me travel to various cities. And if you've haven't caught wind of it yet, it's 2017, traveling or "road-tripping" has become a common thing among millennials; I mean jesus christ, my previous ex lived in Houston, and the one I'm trying to talk to now lives in Toronto, lol. Like I said before, I come from a very diverse family, we're all over, from Dallas to the Dominican Republic.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:01 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,394,692 times
I don't think there are any prototypical cities for regions. Also don't think there is any reason to subdivide the US into regions.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:38 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
You don't have to believe it; my hobby and career allows to me travel to various cities. And if you've haven't caught wind of it yet, it's 2017, traveling or "road-tripping" has become a common thing among millennials; I mean jesus christ, my previous ex lived in Houston, and the one I'm trying to talk to now lives in Toronto, lol. Like I said before, I come from a very diverse family, we're all over, from Dallas to the Dominican Republic.
Want a cookie?

Old 07-01-2017, 02:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,500,478 times
OK City or even Fort Worth are the prototypical cities for the South-Central United States.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:24 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,451,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
What is "quintessential Gulf Coast? New Orleans? Hardly. N.O. is truly unique.

But New Orleans wouldn't fit anywhere else but the Gulf Coast. Maaaybe the lower east coast, but the lower east coast (SC, GA, FL) is famous for its beaches, which NOLA lacks.

New Orleans' influences stretch from Houston to Pensacola. It's very unique but its also representative.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
It's on a coast in a sense but not the Gulf that's Mobile Bay but you can see the Gulf Coast from it though.
Mobile Bay is still part of the Gulf. It's a bay of the Gulf, just like Tampa Bay. One wouldn't say that San Francisco Bay is not the Pacific Ocean.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:16 PM

I love how this thread is about ALL the US regions, but 90%+ of the discussion is on the South, and 80% is on Birmingham and Atlanta -.-

Old 07-02-2017, 07:23 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I love how this thread is about ALL the US regions, but 90%+ of the discussion is on the South, and 80% is on Birmingham and Atlanta -.-
And I fail to understand why a particular Georgia poster aka newsboy always gets his or her panties in a bunch when it comes to Birmingham. Did someone from the area **** in your cereal or something? This person has white hot hate when it comes to anything Birmingham. Pretty lame if you ask me.

The back and forth between OT and the various Atlanta posters is the most pointless ive ever seen on city data. Atlanta is the bigger city, etc so whats the big deal or why even care about what is going on here?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:28 AM

5,000 posts, read 9,146,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Mobile Bay is still part of the Gulf. It's a bay of the Gulf, just like Tampa Bay. One wouldn't say that San Francisco Bay is not the Pacific Ocean.
That's a valid point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.