Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 07:29 AM

611 posts, read 365,357 times

Advertisements

I saw on the Census site that county info will be out I think in early May. I wish I had bookmarked the page because their site is really annoying and I couldn't find it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 08:10 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,212,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
I saw on the Census site that county info will be out I think in early May. I wish I had bookmarked the page because their site is really annoying and I couldn't find it again.
County estimates for 2020 will be released next Tuesday 5/4. These are going to be in sync with the state estimates that came out in December - not the 2020 numbers from the official census released this week.

Population Estimates Schedule

Old 04-30-2021, 09:46 AM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
Agreed. That census website needs a major redesign.

It is difficult to find data easily. Their user experience is pretty clunky.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:17 AM

5,003 posts, read 5,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Agreed. That census website needs a major redesign.

It is difficult to find data easily. Their user experience is pretty clunky.
It's very easy to find data, just not necessarily what you're looking for.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:01 PM

8,864 posts, read 6,869,333 times
Their website is infuriating...organization, glitchiness...

Old 05-02-2021, 04:43 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,477,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Exactly. And you don't expect an area that large to be below the national average.

That info is the Bay plus Sacramento. That's like what 10 million plus people? Other large CSAs such as NY, Chicago, Houston, DFW, Atlanta, Miami, Philadelphia are easily higher.

SF usually get a pass because it has a high population of Asians and Hispanics but from a black point of view, you look at the Bay Area and think where's the beef?

Boston gets the bad rap but the Bay is in the same boat.

Ik I will rustle a few feathers because the citydata darlings SF, Austin, Nashville, MSP are always listed as the best places in the universe to move too but the memo to black people seem to never arrive.
Funny you say that because I finally moved to the Nashville metro area during the pandemic from Atlanta and I'm loving it, couldn't have made a better decision!!! Being an American black man with a west Indian girl friend I just don't see it, we love Nashville. I see and met a lot of Blacks that have moved to Nashville in past few months and have gotten the memo.. Tons of mixed raced couples here to,,, seems and feel more intergrated than Atlanta in my opinion

Old 05-02-2021, 05:02 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Funny you say that because I finally moved to the Nashville metro area during the pandemic from Atlanta and I'm loving it, couldn't have made a better decision!!! Being an American black man with a west Indian girl friend I just don't see it, we love Nashville. I see and met a lot of Blacks that have moved to Nashville in past few months and have gotten the memo.. Tons of mixed raced couples here to,,, seems and feel more intergrated than Atlanta in my opinion
Nashville definitely doesn't get as much recognitiin as it should as a place to live for black people

The racial makeup of the metro area is 15% African American, which is above the national median. It even has several HBCUs. In fact, the dish from Nashville that has garnered a ton of mainstream popularity as of late originated from the black community.

When I last visited, I actually happened to run into someome who grew up in the same neighborhoos I did back in Detroit. He couldn't help but rave about Nashville.

Last edited by citidata18; 05-02-2021 at 05:20 PM..

Old 05-03-2021, 10:25 AM

8,349 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
County estimates for 2020 will be released next Tuesday 5/4. These are going to be in sync with the state estimates that came out in December - not the 2020 numbers from the official census released this week.

Looks like July 1 is the big date!

Old 05-03-2021, 11:23 AM

14,021 posts, read 15,022,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post

So the numbers coming out at midnight might as well be ignored in New York, Illinois or PA where the estimated wrre iff by 100,000’s

Old 05-03-2021, 11:43 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,065,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
So the numbers coming out at midnight might as well be ignored in New York, Illinois or PA where the estimated wrre iff by 100,000’s
These numbers are coming out about 6 weeks later than normal, and about 6 months after the initial December estimates were released. With any luck the delay was due to what ever adjustments they may have had to do from the census.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.