Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 02:07 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,355,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
18-wheelers aren’t allowed at Buc-ee’s. It’s a large gas station not a truck stop. I love it but they’re always out in the middle of no where.

Braums is a close second favorite to Whataburger. One of the few things I’ll miss when I leave Texas.

Chipotle is probably the fast food place I frequent the most. I don’t know why I’ve never associated it with Denver.

I think they have steak fingers with creamed gravy and tacos here. I’m not sure if that’s on the menu everywhere or not.

In Texas they’re mainly in smaller towns. I think there’s only one in Dallas and it’s nowhere near me. I love the Hawaiian blizzard though!
There's at least a half dozen DQs in DFW, including Coppell.

Closest in Buc cees in DFW is in Corinth, just south of Denton in I 35E.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 02:08 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,355,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Whataburger is super overrated. The funny thing is that the burger is the worst thing at the menu at whataburger. The chicken strip sandwich is nice, the shakes are really good for fast food. The fries aren’t the best but when paired with spicy ketchup they come pair great. But their burgers are disgusting. Whataburger fanatics will say “you’re just not ordering the right burger”’ I’ve ordered everything and tried most of the new menu items when they came out.
The patty melt at Whataburger is my fav.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:21 PM

9,869 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
The patty melt at Whataburger is my fav.
I’d rather the In-N-Out double double. Everything at in and out is worse than Whataburger. Even the drinks because they are too small. But the burger itself easily goes to in and out to me

Old 08-25-2021, 03:22 PM

9,869 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Just like Whataburger is Texas’ In N Out, I would say Fuddruckers is Texas’ Fatburger

Old 08-25-2021, 10:44 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Popeyes and Raising Canes for Louisiana.

Chick fil-A in Atlanta. There are people who consider Waffle House fast food and that's also from Atlanta.

And obviously KFC in Kentucky, in fact KFC is the official state food of Kentucky!!!! When I lived in Maryland, many people were proud of Royal Farms and boasted of their fried chicken though that is nowhere as good as Popeyes.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:04 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaubleau View Post
I was not impressed the one time I visited Whataburger, maybe they are better now, this was back in the '80's but they reminded me of the hamburgers we got in elementary school lunch. Five Guys is orders of magnitude better. Fast food in KC, thankfully is not a big deal, compared to many places, probably because of all the good BBQ we have here. The only localish fast food that we have is Freddie's Hamburgers, I guess, and they are pretty good, but nothing earth shattering.
Kansas City has some really good local stuff but it's generally not regional.
)In-A-Tub: deep-fried tacos, deep fried most anything. Kind of like a state fair stand with a drive through.
)Hayes Hamburger & Chili: no drive through, but still more in the fast food category. Really good stuff.
)Town Topic: for some reason, never managed to go there when I lived in KC, but it sounds a lot like Hayes. 2 locations in the Crossroads.
)Winsteads: according to Wiki, it was started by a Missouri family living in Illinois, also opened up on in Indiana somewhere, ultimately becoming known as a Kansas City staple where it continues in 2 locations. Kinda like a Steak&Sheak or a Freddie's. I guess it was regional once upon a time.
)HiBoy: it's only in Independence. I believe they still have 3 locations there. Pretty good burgers and ice cream.
)Big Boy: I'm not really sure about this one, because it doesn't look like it's affiliated with Big Boy based in Michigan. Maybe it was at one time and they were allowed to keep the name? I have no idea. It retains old, vintage signage from the 50's or 60's. It has one location in Independence.

The Michigan Big Boy's are mostly there in Michigan but apparently have several locations in southern California, as well as an outpost or 2 in a few other states: Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. In California, they appear to be called Bob's Big Boy, but otherwise look much the same.
Of course the one in Wisconsin is German-themed and serves beer.

Last edited by sub; 08-26-2021 at 09:09 AM..

Old 08-26-2021, 10:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
They're clean, friendly and have a consistently great product. There are valid reasons they're so popular.
No, you're wrong, I certainly don't think so. Zaxby's was so bad in my town that it had to close. This even though it was located close to OSU. I tried it once before it closed and wasn't well impressed. What an awful pity how Zaxby's couldn't survive against Chick-Fil-a, Golden Chick, KFC, and Raising Cane's.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaubleau View Post
I was not impressed the one time I visited Whataburger, maybe they are better now, this was back in the '80's but they reminded me of the hamburgers we got in elementary school lunch. Five Guys is orders of magnitude better. Fast food in KC, thankfully is not a big deal, compared to many places, probably because of all the good BBQ we have here. The only localish fast food that we have is Freddie's Hamburgers, I guess, and they are pretty good, but nothing earth shattering.
That reminds me, I need to go back to Freddie's in my town. However, the hamburgers at Five Guys are surely so quite delightfully wonderful for fat people who have the big appetite for their HUGE burgers! And fries!

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 08-26-2021 at 11:13 PM..

Old 08-26-2021, 11:19 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Kansas City has some really good local stuff but it's generally not regional.
)In-A-Tub: deep-fried tacos, deep fried most anything. Kind of like a state fair stand with a drive through.
)Hayes Hamburger & Chili: no drive through, but still more in the fast food category. Really good stuff.
)Town Topic: for some reason, never managed to go there when I lived in KC, but it sounds a lot like Hayes. 2 locations in the Crossroads.
)Winsteads: according to Wiki, it was started by a Missouri family living in Illinois, also opened up on in Indiana somewhere, ultimately becoming known as a Kansas City staple where it continues in 2 locations. Kinda like a Steak&Sheak or a Freddie's. I guess it was regional once upon a time.
)HiBoy: it's only in Independence. I believe they still have 3 locations there. Pretty good burgers and ice cream.
)Big Boy: I'm not really sure about this one, because it doesn't look like it's affiliated with Big Boy based in Michigan. Maybe it was at one time and they were allowed to keep the name? I have no idea. It retains old, vintage signage from the 50's or 60's. It has one location in Independence.

The Michigan Big Boy's are mostly there in Michigan but apparently have several locations in southern California, as well as an outpost or 2 in a few other states: Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. In California, they appear to be called Bob's Big Boy, but otherwise look much the same.

Of course the one in Wisconsin is German-themed and serves beer.
That’s because Big Boy started in Los Angeles, as did Denny’s and IHOP. There were tons here until it was bought out and drove into the ground back in the late 80’s / early 90’s. Sadly there’s not many left.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:41 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,404,317 times
Nebraska- Runza
The Dakotas- Burger Time
Iowa- B-bops
Wisconsin- Culver's
Chicago- Portillo's and Potbelly
Illinois/Indiana- Steak N Shake

Last edited by CCrest182; 08-26-2021 at 11:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.