Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 03:13 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

Seems like Quality control is always an issue in terms of people's opinions.

Here in Oklahoma we have a lack of consistency in the eighty gazillion Braum's we have.

I've had wonderful burgers at the handful of Whataburgers we have here in Oklahoma. But one of the nastiest burgers I've ever had was out of a Whataburger in Las Cruces.

I've been to Culver's twice. Once in Indiana (Warsaw). Very tasty. Once in Rochester, MN. Awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2023, 09:21 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
I think I have a new contribution to this thread: Jimboy's Tacos. It's a chain centralized in the Sacramento area, also prominent in Reno.

https://jimboystacos.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimboy%27s_Tacos

Old 10-14-2023, 09:32 AM

5,016 posts, read 3,914,958 times
It might have been said already, but the Boston areas most notable regional fast food item is the “Nortshore Roast Beef”, ordered as a “Beef three way”. Seems like it’s picked up notoriety, as I’ve seen places popping up in California, Florida, and throughout Southern New England. It’s really messy, and really good.. Pile of roast beef made and sliced in-house, a mess load of this acidic slightly spicy slightly sweet red sauce (like a less vinegary Carolina bbq sauce), white American, mayonnaise, on an onion or sesame seed bun. Fries on the side are seemingly always extra fried, often crinkle cut.

This place does them on Saturdays only: https://themodernbutchershop.com/

There are dozens of places that exclusively serve them all day every day across Northern Massachusetts. Everyone has their favorite.

For regional chains, Deangelos was a big one back a decade or two. Papa Gino’s too.

Old 10-14-2023, 12:12 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,003,499 times
Culver’s in San Antonio is mid. Was good when it opened. In n out is good. Dare I say better than whataburger for just a normal burger but what makes whataburger is all of the special burgers they have. Patty melt beats out anything at in n out and it’s not even close.

Taco cabana and bill millers are some local fast food places. I like them both but they are both definitely fast food versions of their respective foods. I think taco cabana could go nationwide with success. Bill millers possibly could too although I think the po boy and chicken are far better than the actual barbecue (although the turkey is great). Sides are also great.

Old 10-16-2023, 07:26 AM

6,377 posts, read 5,490,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I sorely miss Bruegger's Bagel Bakery from my time living in Chapel Hill NC. They seem most prevalent in the Mid-Atlantic region but have locations in other states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-nW5TLMU5s
With Brandwein's opening on Franklin St a few years ago... I am surprised Brueggers is still even open in CH.

Brandwein's isn't a chain though so I guess that doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.