Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 09:18 AM

6,075 posts, read 9,100,962 times

Advertisements

Tudor's Biscuit World!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 12:19 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Speaking of White Castle, does Krystal have a major following in Georgia?
Krystal is the closest fast-food restaurant to me. I like their spicy chicken wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Five Guys is so much better than in-n-out. And I had no idea Culver’s had a loyal following. Taste is in the bud of a tongue I suppose.
Honestly, I like In-N-Out Burger better.

Speaking of mid-priced hamburger chains, I've been to Whataburger, Five Guys, Culver's and Fuddruckers within the last 12 months, and I like Fuddruckers best.

Old 08-17-2023, 05:35 AM

5,762 posts, read 11,367,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Around Omaha, it's Runza -- ground beef and cabbage baked into dough -- sort of a holupki (those of us of Polish ancestry will understand) in a bun.
I went to Runza's just because it looked interesting and somebody told me it was unique to the Omaha area. I liked it enough to make another visit to Runza's on a different trip to Omaha when I was passing through! Top shelf stuff!

Old 08-17-2023, 09:09 AM

2,857 posts, read 2,168,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Krystal is the closest fast-food restaurant to me. I like their spicy chicken wings.

Speaking of mid-priced hamburger chains, I've been to Whataburger, Five Guys, Culver's and Fuddruckers within the last 12 months, and I like Fuddruckers best.
Whataburger is fast food, not mid-priced.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:52 AM

9,869 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post

I love Fuddruckers. Hope they turn around the brand back to growth at some point. Perhaps open a Shake Shack styled drive through

Old 08-17-2023, 10:58 AM

8,604 posts, read 14,885,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Whataburger is fast food, not mid-priced.
It's expensive fast food for what you get. A plain Whataburger meal is around $10 at the Colorado Springs locations. Even with inflation, that's overpriced. Whataburger is massively overrated. Every time I try it I'm disappointed because the price does not match the quality of the food.

Old 08-17-2023, 12:17 PM

2,857 posts, read 2,168,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
It's expensive fast food for what you get. A plain Whataburger meal is around $10 at the Colorado Springs locations. Even with inflation, that's overpriced. Whataburger is massively overrated. Every time I try it I'm disappointed because the price does not match the quality of the food.
I am also not a fan of their burgers. When I lived in Texas whenever my coworkers dragged me there for lunch I get the country fried chicken. Texans also swear by their patty melt but I find them too busy.

To be fair to them most burger meals are close to $10 nowadays even at McDonalds and BK.

Old 08-25-2023, 04:57 PM

50 posts, read 48,133 times
While some have mentioned it, Pollo Tropical is representative of Florida (particularly since they closed all their non-Florida locations). Here in Miami-Dade, I would also argue La Granja and, historically, Burger King (since it started in Florida and is headquartered in Miami-Dade).
Growing up in Pennsylvania, while Wawa is synonymous with the eastern half, in western PA it is Sheetz. There are dozens of websites about which is a better representative of Pennsylvania (I personally love both for different reasons). Similarly, historically, Arby's was a representative of eastern Ohio (since it started in Boardman near Youngstown) and there are more locations there than almost any other place. The same with Rax Restaurants (long gone).
In other regions, I would argue Krystal, Zaxby's, and Bojangles in that order for the south, and almost nothing can represent California as best as In-N-Out. Historically, I would argue White Castle for the New York-New Jersey area, but today, most of the locations are now in the Midwest, but Culver's would be more of a Midwest example.

Old 08-25-2023, 08:44 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomezm007 View Post
While some have mentioned it, Pollo Tropical is representative of Florida (particularly since they closed all their non-Florida locations).
God I love a Tropichop!

Old 08-25-2023, 09:37 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
I will repost it, but Blake's Lotaburger in New Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.