Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM

952 posts, read 3,705,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
I don't understand all you Easterners.
Easterners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Easterners?
Yeah. Easterners. Looks like you fall into that category too. South shmouth and North shmorth. It's all a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:12 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
Quote:
Very good!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:02 AM

952 posts, read 3,705,788 times
Quote:
Yeah. Easterners. Looks like you fall into that category too. South shmouth and North shmorth. It's all a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me.

Oh, please. Just because people have pride. You must be from the Pacific NW where they lack identity all together?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:12 AM

893 posts, read 2,863,313 times
Quote:
Lol. Does the West Coast not have this hatred towards the North or South?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:24 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I am sick of everybody badmouthing the south. I love it down here and I am from one of the most liberal places on earth ( Sweden ). But here in the south I really feel good. I love the weather, I love that people are not fake and not in such a damn hurry all the time. I think southerners should be proud of were they come from and fly the stars and bars to show it!
And get this....I am pro choice , non religious and I don't love guns.!!I just happened to love the southern culture for what it is!
I have been sick of people badmouthing the South for years. The thing that I find most interesting is that they will say things about the way we talk and that is all right, but let us say something about the way they talk and we are just wrong. They don't have an accent. I personally have never met a person who did not have some kind of accent. And I have met a lot of people while working for the public for 28 years.

I love the way we talk.
I love the way we love our neighbors.
I love the way everybody has a right to his or her opinion.
I love the way we don't tell others how to think, talk, do, etc. We mind our own business.
If a person moves here and knows how to mind their own business they will probably not run into any problems. It is not a good idea to come here and start telling us how we should change though. We have been doing all right just as we are for centuries. If it is better where you came from, we will be good neighbors and help you move back. Please don't try to turn our wonderful land into what you came from. If we were not better than that I would be trying to figure out how to move there. I have visited lots of other places, but I am always glad to come back home.

When we drive back into our wonderful state, my blood pressure goes down at least 20 points. Could that be why we have so many 90-100 year old people. Yes, I love the South, but I love North Carolina best.

Last edited by NCN; 03-14-2009 at 08:38 AM..

Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
they are fake, its called politeness. they got it in france too. it does mean they like you it means they have an obligation to be polite. i like it to. it does not have to be genuine to be fun.
my turn are all the women beautiful in sweden?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:32 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Well, I'm glad the OP enjoys where they live. It seems a lot of people here on the board aren't satisfied with where they live. The pace of life is so much slower there than what I'm used to. My southern friends tell me I need to slow down all the time

Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 AM

893 posts, read 2,863,313 times
I think I would like some southern cities and there suburbs. Atlanta and Charleston come to mind first. I love Charleston's history, but the newness of the suburbs. I love how new, big, and clean everything is in the South. You alos get to save money so you can spend it on vacations, traveling, clothes, and cars in the south. Plus the "Georgia" accent is to die for in a girl.

My list of accents are South African -> Australian -> Some British -> Southern -> New York

Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If it is better where you came from, we will be good neighbors and help you move back. Please don't try to turn our wonderful land into what you came from. If we were not better than that I would be trying to figure out how to move there.
The thing is, moving back might not be the best option. They might like their new home more overall, but that doesn't mean they like every aspect of their new home. Why move back where you came from if the place you came from is worse overall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.