Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 07:41 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,890 times

Advertisements

so gays liking wineries, antique shops and art galleries aren't tired stereotypes? My point is, lots of places have all three and that does not make them gay friendly or gay meccas. These small towns might be more tolerant of gays than they used to as more have moved in but I would not expect any Pride parades or gay circuit parties anytime soon. Elbert County is home to one of the largest gay campgrounds in the country, but I still would not say Elbert County is gay friendly... two guys try walking hand in hand down main street or smooch at the local Waffle House and they would likely get harrassed.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:26 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatecolumbusga View Post
Columbus is definitely not gay friendly. Even the younger generation is homophobic here.
There's an openly gay man running for city council.

https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.hobbs1

Old 11-10-2017, 06:18 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
so gays liking wineries, antique shops and art galleries aren't tired stereotypes? My point is, lots of places have all three and that does not make them gay friendly or gay meccas. These small towns might be more tolerant of gays than they used to as more have moved in but I would not expect any Pride parades or gay circuit parties anytime soon. Elbert County is home to one of the largest gay campgrounds in the country, but I still would not say Elbert County is gay friendly... two guys try walking hand in hand down main street or smooch at the local Waffle House and they would likely get harrassed.
As a gay man familiar with those places I agree with you about those towns, but I also would say that not every gay person needs a Gay Parade or a Gay circuit party to feel welcome in area. Most of us would just want to be left alone and not have who we love and live with be the deciding factor on how our neighbors react to us. We are just like the rest of the country and come with all colors and likes. I for one never been to a circuit party nor I'm interested in one, and find antique shops and art galleries boring, much rather go to a sports event.

At the end I do think those areas are changing for the good and the younger population for the most part is more understanding that this is not a big deal and doesn't affect them.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:13 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Way to backpedal, as you earlier drew a line between the gay community and drag, showtunes, clubbing, bear culture, butch women and homosexual rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia