Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 PM

726 posts, read 2,819,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Columbus is #2 in the state when it comes to HQ's. You act like Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is a mom-and-pop business. It is now one of the most recognized companies in the world. Macon's companies combined probably don't create an economic impact that large. Columbus is blessed to have these large corporation which do a lot for the city. Columbus is also blessed to have Fort Benning, one of the world's largest military bases. Columbus beats Macon in everything right now and will definitely do so for a long time. I agree Macon has more retail development going on, but as a developer, I would be scared to death to be developing something in this market. Macon will see a lot of closing in 2009. It's way oversaturated right now.

What company in Macon is remotely the sisze of Aflac, Synovus, TSYS, Carmike Cinemas, etc? There isn't one and you know that's the truth. Quit trying to make Macon something it isn't!
First of all How may people do Aflac,Synovus, TSYS, Carmike Cinemas employee in Columbus individually? Not accrossed the US just in Columbus..... Macon feed from Robins which is the Ga Largest Employers in the State....Macon has the Second Largest Hospital in Ga and Mall in Ga...The closure in Macon was not an impact from Macon Market being over saturated this store close do a National economy crisis which did not only close stores in Macon across this entire country even in other major cities much larger than Macon..... Ga plan to connect Macon to ATL by commuter rail, Re developed I-75/16 interchange to 12-14 lanes in some areas estimated to cost $320 million construction is proposed to start in 2012.....Macon has the Centrplex which the largest Facuty of that kind outside Atlanta.....Macon Has Multiple rail and interstates access(I-475/75/16) and the proposed I-14 will increased that access.... Huge amounts of Residential mix used development in DT Macon, as will huge amounts Hotel are developed to meet the demand because of all the conventions, tourism and traveling though Macon... On top of that Warner Robins which is less 15 minutes away is see the same amount of gorwth at some point the two are about to combine. On top of that Companies are consistently targeting and proposing operations in Macon for warehousing, manufacturing, and more......from 2006-2008 there has been at 7 companies open operations in the Macon Area. Just to name a few Kohls DC, Sara Lee DC, Bass pro DC, Academy Sports DC and more.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
1) Columbus Civic Center - 10,000 seat arena. Biggest outside metro Atlanta
Columbus Civic Center - The center of it all.

2) Rivercenter for the Performing Arts RiverCenter for the Performing Arts

3) Columbus Convention and Trade Center Columbus Georgia Convention and Trade Center meeting facility, Iron Works, is a great venue for associations and conferences

4) New National Infantry Museum - 500,000 visitors annually when it opens this March. Will also include an IMAX Theater National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center :: Fort Benning, Columbus, Georgia

5) South Commons - one of the countries largest softball complexes which includes the Civic Center, baseball stadium, 25,000 seat football stadium, and
new skate park that just opened

Just to name a few. Take some time to look at these websites. Also check out this website Columbus Georgia Convention & Visitors Bureau - Georgia travel, antique shops, hotels, restaurants, shopping, tours, Ft. Benning
That nothing...................

Macon has......................
# Al Sihah Shrine Park
# Henderson Stadium
# Central City Park
# Luther Williams Field(3,500)
# Macon Coliseum (Seating 7,182 for hockey and arena football and 0ver 10,000 for concerts) Georgia Gwizzlies ABA Basket ball team plays

# Macon City Auditorium(seats 2,688 total, balcony seats 988)
# Cox Capitol Theatre
# Macon Little Theater
# Douglass Theatre
# Grand Opera House(seats for 2,418)
# Theatre Macon

Colleges and Universities

* Central Georgia Technical College
* Fort Valley State University - main campus in Fort Valley, GA
* Georgia College and State University - main campus in Milledgeville
* Macon State College
* Mercer University
* Wesleyan College
* Troy University - main campus in Troy, Alabama

Old 01-03-2009, 02:00 PM

913 posts, read 2,986,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
First of all How may people do Aflac,Synovus, TSYS, Carmike Cinemas employee in Columbus individually? Not accrossed the US just in Columbus.
1) Aflac - 8,000 with 2,000 new jobs planned by 2010

2) Synovus - 15,000

Old 01-03-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
1) Aflac - 8,000 with 2,000 new jobs planned by 2010

2) Synovus - 15,000
just In columbus, let me investigate....... well according to Aflac it only employees 4,538 and Synovus 7,630 as of (2008)...... again another hype attempt failed....

Old 01-03-2009, 02:33 PM

201 posts, read 541,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
just In columbus, let me investigate....... well according to Aflac it only employees 4,538 and Synovus 7,630 as of (2008)...... again another hype attempt failed....
I have spent some time observing Columbus posts and it is obvious that this ATLCOL1 is a troll and has no credibility(and it seems a wannabee developer)
I am a lifelong resident and can honestly say I like the area for the most part but it truly is not the area it once was as most residents LEAVE the area for leisure activities and better jobs/opportunities.
I would save my responses for someone with a little bit more integrity and education.

I normally do not post but had to make a call on this guy who is obviously on something(maybe a happy pill?)

Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbusattorney View Post
I have spent some time observing Columbus posts and it is obvious that this ATLCOL1 is a troll and has no credibility(and it seems a wannabee developer)
I am a lifelong resident and can honestly say I like the area for the most part but it truly is not the area it once was as most residents LEAVE the area for leisure activities and better jobs/opportunities.
I would save my responses for someone with a little bit more integrity and education.

I normally do not post but had to make a call on this guy who is obviously on something(maybe a happy pill?)
i agree......

Old 01-03-2009, 07:36 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Columbus is equally important if not more. Ever heard of Fort Benning, AFLAC, Synovus, TSYS, Carmike Cinemas, Char-Broil, etc. I rest my case.
Yes, Yes, no, no, no, and no. FWIW.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Yes, Yes, no, no, no, and no. FWIW.
Apparently you know little about the financial world.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbusattorney View Post

Pretty harsh words there. Trust me, I have plenty of education. What have I said wrong in these posts? Please correct me. I am tired of people trying to justify things that aren't true. I never said Columbus was perfect. No city is, but it does have a lot more going for it than other places.

Last edited by ATLCOL1; 01-03-2009 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-03-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Pretty harsh words there. Trust me, I have plenty of education. What have I said wrong in these posts? Please correct me. I am tired of people trying to justify things that aren't true. I never said Columbus was perfect. No city is, but it does have a lot more going for it than other places.
you're right but there just not in GA......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia