Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 03:52 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
And affirmative action, isn't that inherently racist? Favoring blacks and Hispanics (that lack merit) and making whites have to work harder to get into better schools or jobs. Isn't that reverse discrimination? ?
Affirmative action is in response to white privilege where whites are already favored over blacks and others.

Whites were already given favoritism, making others espeically blacks work harder to get into better schools or jobs. That's why affirmative action was created. Because whites were favoring whites and discriminating against blacks. White racist started this. If whites were fair and honest, there would be no need for affirmative action.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks69 View Post
I respectfully disagree

Why do you think this is a white supremacist culture?

Why not a minority subordinate culture?
Because whites still benefit.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Not trying to argue or disagree at all. I totally understand what you are saying and I will say it again.
Why do you think it is white supremacy instead of minority subordination?
White people stole, raped, kidnapped, and exploited several minorities, especially blacks. And they refuse to share with the group they used and abused and basically built america, while whites set back and were catered to. Black people did most of the work.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
So is it reverse racism because the vast majority of professional football, basketball players are black? I don't think so. I think it is a biological fact that the black race is physically stronger, physically more athletic. Again, has nothing to do with racism. It is how we were made.
That's the reason racist whites claimed innocent blacks to be made slaves and work like a dog for free. While whites sat on their azzes.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
You gave several examples of gangs and poverty within different races. So answer this as I just don't get it. Why don't they get out? Seems to me if I was raised in a neighborhood full of gangs, violence, prostitution, drugs, poverty etc.... that I WOULD NOT stay there to raise another generation in the same depressed neighborhood. Why in the world don't they move away? The worst parts of our inner cities breed themselves like a cancer, raising yet another generation which only gets worse.
Maybe they want to, but they can't.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Keep doing the same thing and expect different results?
If your statement is accurate then the poverty stricken black population will never rise. They will always be repressed by themselves..........not racism.
Earlier in this thread I asked the question. Why do we assume it is white supremacy that is the problem, perhaps it is black subordination.
Why do you assume it's not white supremacy?

Old 12-02-2013, 04:50 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Aloha

Personally, I feel there is a thinking error in the western white dominant culture. The ideal is if you don't get the same as anyone else just because you are you it racistm and unfair. A good example of this in practice is in Hawaii. Hawai'i is unique in that its a state, but caucasian people are the minority. Now there is a cultural norm in Hawai'i called localism. To be a local its not about your race but your attitude and willingness to blend with the unique custems, cultures etc that makes a local local . Ive seen too many caucasian mainlanders moving to Hawai'i and demanding that they get the same respect, jobs etc as locals. Locals are people who have earned what it is to have the title local. So first you want to be equal without doing the work, second their is a denial that exists, the slogan of equity is used by caucasians(we are all equal) to poo poo looking at the injustices of the white male dominant society and to not be responsible to help change it.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:04 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Further, Im not saying there isn't racism in our world. But lately im noticing a change. The change is injustices are not happening because of ones race so much as ones class. It appears that it doesn't matter which race you are if you cant afford justice your not going to get it.

Another difficulty I observe with my caucasian brothers is they have a hardtime understanding that reality and truth is not fixed. The only real truth is in the laws of nature and god. The ideal that whats not comfortable to them needs to be stamped out or is evil. When really its just a different reality or truth. This is why during the history of mankind your have a assimilate or die attitude amoung white male dominant european cultures on native peoples they conquer.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:36 PM

165 posts, read 132,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Because whites still benefit.
I have zero to gain by holding anyone back. Why wouldn't we want all people within our circles to succeed?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM

165 posts, read 132,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
White people stole, raped, kidnapped, and exploited several minorities, especially blacks. And they refuse to share with the group they used and abused and basically built america, while whites set back and were catered to. Black people did most of the work.
Agreed, they did horrible despicable things and it was also stopped by the larger majority of whites that were against it. Don't be a victim of the past, better yet don't ever be a victim period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates