Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times

Advertisements

Many thousands of Californians have signed a repeal petition regarding this law. If the state determines there are enough valid signatures the matter will go to the voters to see if the law stands or fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 06:18 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
You got a dick? Use the men's restroom or don't cry foul when two women beat your butt in a baltimore McDonald's

Old 01-02-2014, 06:44 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Many thousands of Californians have signed a repeal petition regarding this law. If the state determines there are enough valid signatures the matter will go to the voters to see if the law stands or fails.
Boycott Jelly Belly: Chairman funding repeal of CA transgender rights law

Gotta love the "free market" (although I kinda liked the buttered popcorn-flavored ones)!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If any of you free thinking individuals had a 13 year old Daughter, can you honestly tell me it wouldn't concern you that the bathroom she used at school was open to any male student who wanted to go in there ? Where do we draw the line on stupidity ? To satisfy the desires of a very small percentage of students who have "gender identification problems" we put the vast majority of otherwise normal students in a bad position and possible danger ? Land of Fruits and Nuts seems pretty appropriate with this new ruling.

Don

When you include some back story with your post it is easier to comment to it.

CALI is the home of anything obtuse. If one person out everyone in the entire state wanted access to restrooms of the opposite gender because that person claimed to be ''special'' in some manner, the wacko state would bend over backwards to accommodate - through legislation - that person regardless of cost or how it may inconvenience tourists or other residents of the state. I was born there and gone before I was a year old. I have been back on business twice. That's enough for me.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,509 times
Quote:
How would you feel if someone of the opposite sex walked into the bathroom while you were in there ? I wouldn't even want a female to come into the bathroom when I am in there and I am a male, how will females feel ?
Sounds awesome actually...grrrrrrrr. Id love to see more women in the mens room....that's hot!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:16 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
When you include some back story with your post it is easier to comment to it.

CALI is the home of anything obtuse. If one person out everyone in the entire state wanted access to restrooms of the opposite gender because that person claimed to be ''special'' in some manner, the wacko state would bend over backwards to accommodate - through legislation - that person regardless of cost or how it may inconvenience tourists or other residents of the state. I was born there and gone before I was a year old. I have been back on business twice. That's enough for me.
You gotta be kidding, so the sum total of what you know about "Cali" is based on 2 business trips and living here when you were an infant (oh, and living in Maryland is such an improvement)?!!

Old 01-02-2014, 07:28 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,122 times
Quote:
California schools prepare for transgender rights law | WashingtonExaminer.com

If someone had told you this a year ago you would have said they were nuts, it could never happen, but here it is !! I can't imagine how this is a good idea for most "normal" kids who have no problem with gender identification. How would you feel if someone of the opposite sex walked into the bathroom while you were in there ? I wouldn't even want a female to come into the bathroom when I am in there and I am a male, how will females feel ?

California is opening themselves up to a whole lot of problems if you ask me (rape, molestation, etc). Just one more nail in the coffin of decency in America.
Don
Cali has ALWAYS been strange, so this is just a more perverse flavor of strange.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM

169 posts, read 195,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
Sounds awesome actually...grrrrrrrr. Id love to see more women in the mens room....that's hot!
So how would you like me a 60 yo perv hanging out waiting for your wife or daughter in the ladies room ?

Old 01-02-2014, 09:04 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
You got a dick? Use the men's restroom or don't cry foul when two women beat your butt in a baltimore McDonald's
I have one of those, and I'm not scared to use the women's bathrooms (and haven't you ever seen a woman book it for a stall in the men's room while you're standing at the urinal? Live and let live, you know?).

Good thing I don't live in Baltimore, though.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Good luck with that.

Right wing frenzied over transgendered students choosing bathroom - latimes.com
Quote:
Over 90 days, using volunteer and paid signature gatherers, Privacy for All Students amassed about 620,000 signatures, 400,000 of them directly from churches, according to political consultant Frank Schubert, the Prop. 8 campaign brain who is handling this effort. Schubert is also the political director of the National Organization for Marriage, or NOM, which is also backing the effort.

Though the results won’t be known until early next month, and possibly later, supporters on both sides have have been biting their nails, frequently checking the California Secretary of State’s website for updates about whether enough valid signatures have been collected to get the referendum before voters.

About 505,000 of them — or a little over 80% — must be deemed valid. So far, the rate is hovering at about 76%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates