Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 10:24 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,115,265 times

Advertisements

In before a third bathroom is required...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
LOL on all of this. Espeically the "THIS is why I left CA..." types. Pretty sure they (or you) are never going to encounter the things you yell about. What percentage of the population are trangendered, how many identify as such in HS, how many will be using on campus toilets (my kids avoided it if they could) and what are the odds that your precious little girls will be ATTACKED or TRAMATIAZED? It's not like anyone is watching while someone is sitting on the toilet folks. You have NO IDEA who the person in the next stall is now, or what they are all about, so stop fretting about someone who just needs to answer natures call.

This law was passed because it SERIOUSLY doesn't do much at all. It was a no brainer. I also see a future where full doors, rather than the partial "privacy door" is installed in new construction restrooms Not because it will be demanded by "other sexed" but because the fear mongers will insist. The UNProblem solves itself most of the time.

Last edited by Ceece; 01-02-2014 at 11:10 PM..

Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Actually this would just be another goofy right wing "crisis", kinda like the "War on Christmas", were it not for whipping up hysteria and harassment towards transgendered folks (and as usual with the Far Right, towards anyone else who's "not like them").

Trans Student Attacking Girls in School Restroom! Or, you know.… NOT.
School Board Member: Let’s Castrate Transgender Students
Trans-Bashing Cop Trial in Memphis (video)

But no worries, they're just defending us against the Liberal War on Children, don'tcha know…

Old 01-03-2014, 09:08 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If any of you free thinking individuals had a 13 year old Daughter, can you honestly tell me it wouldn't concern you that the bathroom she used at school was open to any male student who wanted to go in there ? Where do we draw the line on stupidity ? To satisfy the desires of a very small percentage of students who have "gender identification problems" we put the vast majority of otherwise normal students in a bad position and possible danger ? Land of Fruits and Nuts seems pretty appropriate with this new ruling.
Don
The bolded part of your comment is untrue. You don't like the idea, fine. But don't misrepresent the law and its intended application.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:07 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeatheist View Post
Throughout history humans have been much less stuck up. The Romans had communal bath houses where males and females did their duty.
Genitals, we all have them, why be so scared and uptight about it?
Uptight? I think we've evolved...it's not that we're scared of genitals, we're scared of how will they be USED!!!! Big diff!

This comes as no surprise anymore! Lots of drugged heads there who've lost any shred of common sense!

Old 01-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Speaking of "common sense", aren't you also one of those folks who fret about the "War on Christmas"?!

Geez, what is it with 'wingers and all their "culture wars"?!!

Old 01-03-2014, 11:39 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Uptight? I think we've evolved...it's not that we're scared of genitals, we're scared of how will they be USED!!!! Big diff!

This comes as no surprise anymore! Lots of drugged heads there who've lost any shred of common sense!
"Lot's of drugged heads" where now?

This post is ridiculous. Nothing about this law has anything to do with guys barging into girls bathrooms and raping them. BTW, "common sense" isn't expressed with a lot of exclamation points.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:00 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How would you feel if someone of the opposite sex walked into the bathroom while you were in there ? I wouldn't even want a female to come into the bathroom when I am in there and I am a male, how will females feel ?
Don
If a man who identified as female walked into a public women's bathroom, I wouldn't care.

If a man who identified as male and was attracted to the female gender walked into a public women's bathroom, I would feel uncomfortable.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:24 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletrouble View Post
So how would you like me a 60 yo perv hanging out waiting for your wife or daughter in the ladies room ?

Wife maybe not so much, but its a price I'd pay to be on the other end of the deal. Daughter is ok, shes an adult and free to date or hook up with anyone she wants. She also carry's a concealed handgun, so I'm not at all worried about her, and a smidge for you.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:18 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletrouble View Post
So how would you like me a 60 yo perv hanging out waiting for your wife or daughter in the ladies room ?
You are asking a question of people who think perversion is an obsolete idea. To them there is no such thing as perversion. It's a just a tired old religious concept. That's how laws like this get passed in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates