Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

California schools prepare for transgender rights law | WashingtonExaminer.com

If someone had told you this a year ago you would have said they were nuts, it could never happen, but here it is !! I can't imagine how this is a good idea for most "normal" kids who have no problem with gender identification. How would you feel if someone of the opposite sex walked into the bathroom while you were in there ? I wouldn't even want a female to come into the bathroom when I am in there and I am a male, how will females feel ?

California is opening themselves up to a whole lot of problems if you ask me (rape, molestation, etc). Just one more nail in the coffin of decency in America.
Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:12 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Throughout history humans have been much less stuck up. The Romans had communal bath houses where males and females did their duty.
Genitals, we all have them, why be so scared and uptight about it?

Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Gotta love the way folks who don't even live in California are so concerned for our "well-being"!

BTW, they could at least start by getting their info. from some reasonably mainstream source, instead of your typical fear-mongering, right wing rags (like "The Blaze" or the "Washington Examiner")!

LATimes: Right wing frenzied over transgendered students choosing bathroom

Old 01-02-2014, 01:00 PM

I lived in So Cal some years ago, and goofy things like this are the reason I no longer do.

Don

Old 01-02-2014, 02:21 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
I won't live there because it's too expensive, too crowded, taxes are too damn high, and their government is horrid.
That being said, they do have some progressive aspects I like but not enough to endure all the other crap.
I'll visit California but never live there.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:44 PM

If any of you free thinking individuals had a 13 year old Daughter, can you honestly tell me it wouldn't concern you that the bathroom she used at school was open to any male student who wanted to go in there ? Where do we draw the line on stupidity ? To satisfy the desires of a very small percentage of students who have "gender identification problems" we put the vast majority of otherwise normal students in a bad position and possible danger ? Land of Fruits and Nuts seems pretty appropriate with this new ruling.

Don

Old 01-02-2014, 03:56 PM

169 posts, read 195,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If any of you free thinking individuals had a 13 year old Daughter, can you honestly tell me it wouldn't concern you that the bathroom she used at school was open to any male student who wanted to go in there ?
That's the logical issue Don. How about a little privacy and respect for the young girls.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:20 PM

99,566 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Oh well. It will help Fox News fill up their broadcast schedule with hours of "outrage".

Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Gotta love the way folks who don't even live in California are so concerned for our "well-being"!

BTW, they could at least start by getting their info. from some reasonably mainstream source, instead of your typical fear-mongering, right wing rags (like "The Blaze" or the "Washington Examiner")!

LATimes: Right wing frenzied over transgendered students choosing bathroom
Thanks for the informative article. How interesting that the Los Angeles Unifed School District (with over 700,000 students) has had a similar policy since 2005. So the alarmists who would have us listen to their predictions of what will happen actually have a history from which to draw examples. That is, if those alarming things actually happen. Well, don1945? Do they?

Debates are fine, but we have a real-world example of a policy having been implemented, so we don't need claims of what will happen - we can see what has happened. So, please, identify for us the specific problems that have arisen in LAUSD since 2005 due to this policy.

Well?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:56 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
I've got a question about this law--can gender-fluid and/or cross-dressers also legally use opposite-gender bathrooms here in California?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates