Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 04:16 AM

13 posts, read 19,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
In regards to your question here, I am against legalizing public nudity except in certain specific locations (nude beaches, et cetera). Why? Because I am not sure that it will be good for children to see fully nude adult people.

However, other than one's sexual parts/organs, I do think that individuals should probably be able to have their other body parts be uncovered/exposed (except in places/locations with dress codes, such as restaurants, et cetera).
Have you ever been to a family nudist venue to see how it impacts children? Take a look at this site:

Bare Buns Family Nudist Club | FAQ

Also, have a read of the books "Growing Up Without Shame" by Dennis Craig Smith and Dr. William Sparks and "Show Me" by Margaret Mead for more proof that nudism and public nudity is healthy for children.

Culture nothwithstanding, at the end of the day Europeans are just as human as Americans are. Aversion to nudity is mental illness called 'gymnophobia' and is just as bad as racism, sexism and homophobia. STOP RACIST HUMAN SKIN PHOBIA - Skin Freedom!

Seriously, Americans need to get out of Queen Victoria's era and get with the times about nudity. It doesn't kill, maim, or injure anybody. Clothing is necessary for warmth and protection, but aside from that has no other useful function except to fuel the most futile human emotion which is vanity.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:17 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,574 times
Like every nation, America has the right to decide how it wants to treat the topic of nudity. If most Americans prefer to be on the conservative side, its their right. You can't force your views on the majority.
As for myself, I think that more nudity and exposure to this lifestyle wouldn't change much and after a transitional period of getting used to the new standards, it can become the norm without serious consequences. However, the majority will decide.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
I have never had much of an urge to strip in public places, but I don't get why people care if others do this? Especially at places like the beach, or when a woman breast-feeds, why do people feel a need to complain about seeing too much skin? It doesn't destroy children's lives. It doesn't even cause more auto accidents. So, why is it such a big issue for most Americans -- its not like anyone is forcing YOU to nude-up, right? What happened to the live-and-let-live American ethic when if comes to 'nudity as fashion' ?
Translation: I want to stroll around nude in public or gape at breast-feeding mothers.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:09 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
*sigh*

Due to the number of posts in this thread I have now had to delete it is being closed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates