Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 01:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Men are better at heavy lifting.

Men are faster runners.

Men are designed to kill prey and drag it home to the cave. They like doing it and they're good at it.

Women are designed to birth children and nurture them.

Women also are able to hunt, fight, and defend their turf.

Women have more body fat which enables them to survive with less food, e.g. waiting in the cave, nursing the baby while the men have more muscle tissue than fat, thus they crave calories. Men are thus driven to constantly hunt and gather food, while women's priorities are defending the nest and nurturing the little ones.

Much of what we are has its roots in 3 million years of adaptation as we moved from tree-dwelling simians to ground-dwelling upright modern humans.

The problem today is that a lot of these aggressive instincts get men in trouble in our passive, orderly modern societies. Women are better adapted to a passive, orderly society, though they do have a strong nesting instinct that can cause conflict when they feel threatened.

A couple hundred thousand years of adaptation has also favored soft, child-like body types in women, which makes them more appealing to children and makes men feel more protective.

Men, by contrast, are adapted to look large, hairy, and ferocious, to more easily dominate the clan and spread their DNA.

These physical features are paradoxically still used today; women tend to prefer large, strong, rugged males even though physical strength isn't that important for a desk job. Men are attracted to the soft, child-like female body type even though it has little to do with women's ability to bring in income and do work around the house. It does help women to raise children, except that a lot of the raising is now done in schools and day care.

Probably in a couple hundred thousand years or so, men and women will be physically identical except for reproductive organs, soft child-like features, large eyes and delicate fingers for operating high tech gear, and soft high voices. It will be like the Eloi in H.G. Wells' The Time Machine who were small and child-like because underground machines operated by nasty troll-like humans supplied their every need.
How big of a rock does someone have to be living under not to know that ALL of the above is about 20 years out of date?! Testosterone and sperm counts in 20 year old men of 2015 are HALF of what their own fathers' was when they were 20. Humanity does not have 100,000 years to get it right either. The next 100 years will decide the game once and for all and TBH it does not look good for us. There are huge technical and social issues that need the kind of initiative and ingenuity that got us here and it is totally lacking in the next generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 10:24 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,766,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
I agree, another "Best part of an Oreo" thread.
And that would be the middle.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:23 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Socially, Mentally, Emotionally, they're natrually smart. But Are they better?
When's the last time a woman built a strong nation, discovered a cure for an illness, or sent somebody into space?

Old 04-25-2015, 12:20 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
When's the last time a woman built a strong nation, discovered a cure for an illness, or sent somebody into space?
When is the last time (in America) a man did any of those things?

Old 04-25-2015, 08:24 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,766,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Maggie Thatcher, Indira Gandhi, Madame Curie, Jane Goodall, Lise Meitner, Sally Ride are a few.

All of these women too.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:06 PM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
When is the last time (in America) a man did any of those things?
Modern day American men are pansy-*ssed wimps. Whimper like puppies when life doesn't go exactly their way. Frankly I think women are manlier today than are the men.

My grandfather once told me that when he was growing up in Brooklyn in the early 1900s, fights were common but fairly fought, and if a fight was unfair (two on one), other boys would intervene and break it up. They never used knives, and guns were unheard of. Different world back then.

By the way, what is this thread about?

Old 04-27-2015, 02:34 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Modern day American men are pansy-*ssed wimps. Whimper like puppies when life doesn't go exactly their way. Frankly I think women are manlier today than are the men.

My grandfather once told me that when he was growing up in Brooklyn in the early 1900s, fights were common but fairly fought, and if a fight was unfair (two on one), other boys would intervene and break it up. They never used knives, and guns were unheard of. Different world back then.

About?....hmm...anything you can do I can do better?

Old 04-27-2015, 03:18 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:

good points...

I went shopping for a few things over the weekend and in the 4-5 different stores I went to, the younger men seem to be very effeminate....
sound, talk just like a girl...

but then again, anything gay, especially pertaining to men, is celebrated on tv and movies...

the feminists are all finally getting what they want, as the poster above states, a bunch of sensitive flowers...

its funny,,,you will hear women use a phrase in the past ten years "real men, or manly man"
when they are talking to other women,,,and this isn't the least bit offensive,,,,but if I say it ,,,half the world wants to call me a homophobe..

Old 04-27-2015, 03:58 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,108,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Men are more powerful than women but virtually every powerful man is influenced by a woman. They motivate us. Also, women are attracted to powerful men....interesting dynamic.
Very true. Women generally are less likely to be in big powerful senior level executive roles though that now may be changing. But hoards of women are competing over the few men of the 1%. Then they're surprised when the rich men cheat on them (men who have their pick of lots of women). The divorce courts are certainly rigged in womens favor though, and many are simply granted full custody of the children and lifetime welfare (ahem i mean alimony) simply because of their sex. The rest of the women settle and try to use sex as a means to get their men to work harder and make more money. When they realize this doesn't always work become disenchanted with being poor and half divorce their men anyway, often trading up for a richer partner. The smart men sign prenuptial agreements or don't marry.

Outside of relationships these days most men and women are finally becoming equal, which is a good thing. It will lessen the need for women to rely on men, lower birth rates (which in a planet of 7 billion is just what we need) as more eschew marriage, and allow better comraderie among the sexes.

Mentally women are far more likely to be depressed. However, they're less likely to abuse drugs/booze when they are and less likely to die tue to violence and consequently live longer.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:29 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
good points...

I went shopping for a few things over the weekend and in the 4-5 different stores I went to, the younger men seem to be very effeminate....
sound, talk just like a girl...

but then again, anything gay, especially pertaining to men, is celebrated on tv and movies...

the feminists are all finally getting what they want, as the poster above states, a bunch of sensitive flowers...

its funny,,,you will hear women use a phrase in the past ten years "real men, or manly man"
when they are talking to other women,,,and this isn't the least bit offensive,,,,but if I say it ,,,half the world wants to call me a homophobe..
Actually I believe it's a wonderful thing that these pathetic attitudes of trying to make yourself look more like a man by trying to put down other men are dying out. Men and women are starting to realize how immature and quite frankly pathetic such a mentality is.

Also I find it ironic that all these so-called 'real men' do nothing but whine all day on the internet about how the world is changing, or feminism is ruining society and anything else they can whine about when they're really just **** that can't go around being jerks to people without suffering the consequences.

With all of that said, this question does not have a simple answer like many have pointed out. Men on average are physically stronger than women and still hold most of the wealth of the world in comparison to women. That right there is pretty much all I know. Then again I don't look at it as some type of contest to see who is better because I don't see the point.

Last edited by Ro2113; 04-30-2015 at 07:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates