Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 08:51 AM

678 posts, read 700,336 times

Advertisements

Socially, Mentally, Emotionally, they're natrually smart. But Are they better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 08:59 AM

813 posts, read 604,171 times
I don't know ALL of them so it is hard to say, but I will say that the ones in my immediate family do not deal well with crisis situations (car accidents, water heater bursts and water going everywhere, fires, all the recent things I have had to deal with that my mom, sister, wife, MIL, etc. can't handle).

I like women, so I wonder what your motive is. This is kinda like asking if vanilla is better than chocalate, they are both great, but different.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:15 AM

36,794 posts, read 31,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Socially, Mentally, Emotionally, they're natrually smart. But Are they better?
Better than what? I'm not sure how one would go about quantifying the superiority of one gender over another or one race over another or one religion over another. Men and women are very different in many aspects and similar in others from one extreme to another while all individuals are unique.
Its a good thing to complement each other and not compete with each other.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:40 AM

22,145 posts, read 33,708,216 times
Individual women can be stronger smarter mentally tougher etc than some men, if you were to compare atributes side by side it can only be done as a individual basis. As groups its impossible
I guess we can have a Highlander type of contest where in the end there can be only one.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:42 AM

18,163 posts, read 15,687,092 times
More "powerful"? Better? I'm not quite catching the point either. To many variables. There's nothing in the question that can make any single factor that gives a solid answer.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:04 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,422,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
I don't know ALL of them so it is hard to say, but I will say that the ones in my immediate family do not deal well with crisis situations (car accidents, water heater bursts and water going everywhere, fires, all the recent things I have had to deal with that my mom, sister, wife, MIL, etc. can't handle).

I like women, so I wonder what your motive is. This is kinda like asking if vanilla is better than chocalate, they are both great, but different.
I find the opposite is true in some instances. I am always the first one to save a drowning child (twice) a child who was hanging upside down by their foot, put out numerous small fires, dealt with broken limbs, etc... While the males just stand around. This is due to personality and the ability to make decisions quickly,not a persons gender.

I do have a hard time recognizing a threat that is anger related.i have a hard time dealing with aggression. Any natural disaster or accident though , and I'm there.

Women are no better than men, and men are no better than women as a gender. Some women are better than some men, and some men are better than some women.

The one thing that women are better at as a gender is creating a human in their body and delivering it. Of course, this doesn't apply to all women. As not all women want or are capable of getting pregnant and having the child.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:11 PM

428 posts, read 346,340 times
Mentally, men tend to be better and worse on the margins.

There are more men who are geniuses, and more who are 'mentally challenged'.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:28 PM

722 posts, read 1,334,689 times
Men seem to do better at committing the most violent destructive crimes, they're seem to have more of the killer / protector instinct

the men actually enjoy causing harm to another person, it seems to make them feel more like a man?

maybe thats why so many extra large big guys like positions of authority like LE, they enjoy bullying and using aggression? and get paid to do it, because they like it.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:29 PM

30,772 posts, read 19,427,684 times
Men are more powerful than women but virtually every powerful man is influenced by a woman. They motivate us. Also, women are attracted to powerful men....interesting dynamic.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:35 PM

813 posts, read 604,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I find the opposite is true in some instances. I am always the first one to save a drowning child (twice) a child who was hanging upside down by their foot, put out numerous small fires, dealt with broken limbs, etc... While the males just stand around. This is due to personality and the ability to make decisions quickly,not a persons gender.

I do have a hard time recognizing a threat that is anger related.i have a hard time dealing with aggression. Any natural disaster or accident though , and I'm there.

Women are no better than men, and men are no better than women as a gender. Some women are better than some men, and some men are better than some women.

The one thing that women are better at as a gender is creating a human in their body and delivering it. Of course, this doesn't apply to all women. As not all women want or are capable of getting pregnant and having the child.

I agree, oh that reminds me, men can urinate standing up better and will generally tend to grow better facial hair.

Last edited by raggedjim; 04-22-2015 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: I love to edit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates