Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 11:43 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Definitely agree that there should be STRICT rules on how child support can be used: rent/mortgage payments, grocery stores, toy stores, clothing stores, etc. And spending should be monitored as well to ensure the rules are being followed.

A woman should not be allowed to get her hair and nails done using child support money. makes me sick to my stomach, thinking of how a woman can spend hundreds of dollars pampering herself while she feeds her kid canned spaghetti three nights a week
I think a woman can live a nice life if she ends up getting pregnant by a man with an above-average economic status. A woman that gets pregnant by a rich guy pretty much hit the lottery.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:49 AM

5,865 posts, read 3,309,794 times
Quote:
Definitely agree that there should be STRICT rules on how child support can be used: rent/mortgage payments, grocery stores, toy stores, clothing stores, etc. And spending should be monitored as well to ensure the rules are being followed.

A woman should not be allowed to get her hair and nails done using child support money. makes me sick to my stomach, thinking of how a woman can spend hundreds of dollars pampering herself while she feeds her kid canned spaghetti three nights a week
Skins women can do no wrong!!!! If men don't like it they should bag it. I will admit that there are women that are getting screwed by the system. However when women see that a man is getting screwed you never hear them say that there should be reform. Bottom line these laws favor women. The womens movement will never allow these rules to change. The laws benefit them and they will fight like hell to keep them. They will always say its about the child. I agree. But I have seen numerous times that it wasn't. It was nothing more than a cash grab. You will never hear these angry women admit that!

Old 07-29-2015, 12:54 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,794,986 times
Those laws are not for the benefit of the woman. They are there to benefit the child.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:21 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:

Who does that? Very few women do that. Most women don't get enough child support, and are in the poverty category. Why are you making yourself sick over something that rarely happens?

Old 07-29-2015, 01:26 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Skins women can do no wrong!!!! If men don't like it they should bag it. I will admit that there are women that are getting screwed by the system. However when women see that a man is getting screwed you never hear them say that there should be reform. Bottom line these laws favor women. The womens movement will never allow these rules to change. The laws benefit them and they will fight like hell to keep them. They will always say its about the child. I agree. But I have seen numerous times that it wasn't. It was nothing more than a cash grab. You will never hear these angry women admit that!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was talking about child custody reform for men LONG before there ever was a men's rights movement. MEN told me I was crazy, and that it was women who were getting screwed by a society in general that favored men. But injustice is injustice. I saw too many cases of women who were blatantly unfit and not even interested in their kid, being awarded 100% custody, when the father desperately wanted to care for their child. Those kids grew up with major emotional issues due to abuse and/or neglect by their mothers. Ultimately, it IS about the child. And there's nothing wrong with that, that's as it should be.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Those laws are not for the benefit of the woman. They are there to benefit the child.
Um yes in theory. Many times that is not the case. You don't think that there are many women that are getting over on child support money? I have seen many instances where this is the case. Like I said before and I will say it again. Many women get screwed over. I totally understand and admit this to be the case. My issue lies where you do have men that are screwed over as well and two things happen. The women will never admit this is true. And the other is if they admit this they still don't care and say that the way the cookie crumbles. They will never see the other side of the coin because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was talking about child custody reform for men LONG before there ever was a men's rights movement. MEN told me I was crazy, and that it was women who were getting screwed by a society in general that favored men. But injustice is injustice. I saw too many cases of women who were blatantly unfit and not even interested in their kid, being awarded 100% custody, when the father desperately wanted to care for their child. Those kids grew up with major emotional issues due to abuse and/or neglect by their mothers. Ultimately, it IS about the child. And there's nothing wrong with that, that's as it should be.
You are correct and you and I are in agreement. However you are a rare breed. Most women do not think like you. As a custodial father I know what its like. I also know how the system works and as a father its a torturous process to try to get custody.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:56 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,093,717 times
We should be so lucky, if all fathers wanted and begged for more time with their kids. We have way too many deadbeats who complain about having any responsibility. (Because consequence-free sex is their God-given right, apparently!)

I agree with those who say that it's horrendous for a mother to prevent the father of her children from seeing the kids. (This is assuming that he's a good father and wants to be responsible.) Fathers are so vital to a child's healthy upbringing.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:15 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,126,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You are correct and you and I are in agreement. However you are a rare breed. Most women do not think like you. As a custodial father I know what its like. I also know how the system works and as a father its a torturous process to try to get custody.
And you, sir, are in the minority and I admire you and every other man that loves their children and fights for the best interest of the children. I know there's good men out there like you and I'm assuming that YOU are doing the child rearing and loving your child/children as they should be loved.

There are groups for Father's Rights. The sad thing is, is that men like the OP would think of killing his kids and ex instead of being a responsible father and fighting for his kids and raising them in a loving environment.

I don't think every woman here is agreeing that some women don't scam the system, because we know they do. Those of us that have been good parents know that the love you give to a child outweighs anything money can buy, but you yourself know it costs money to house, feed, and clothe children along with any activities they get involved in.

Do you get child support and do you think you're being screwed?

Old 07-29-2015, 02:21 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,391,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In which case, they either should have kept their genitals to themselves, or taken more precautions. It's a child, guys. A human life! YOUR child! As soon as that little DNA bundle is born, it's not about you anymore. It's about giving the child a fair shake at life, a chance to have a productive and stable life.

Why do some men dispense their sperm as if they were ATM's, but when it comes time to feed, clothe, house and educate the product of that sperm, the bank is closed?
I am completly with you on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates