Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 12:19 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times

Advertisements

You can argue the point all you want. Womens groups will make sure that the child support laws favor the woman. No matter how much you yell and scream you will never get past this. Can you imagine a politician having the guts to go up against supporting your kid(s)? Never going to happen!!! Its a waste of typing lol!!!

Old 07-28-2015, 12:28 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic_Cajun View Post

Why does a woman get 2 choices and a man only get 1?
If there were no monetary award tied to it, then SHE WOULD ABORT that baby in a heart beat!

You people are truly groomed to believe what you are being taught! get some balls and think on your own.
You both get 1 choice, to have sex. She is the one who gets pregnant so that second choice to carry the pregnancy to term is hers. When you make choice #1 it goes without saying that if pregnancy and birth result both will be responsible for that child.

While I agree our family court system is way out of whack, don't think for a minute that the $200/mo. is fully supporting your child or some sort of monetary award.

As far as equality, when men get pregnant they will get two choices.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:49 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
Don't have sex if you are not ready to feed every baby that is coming from your semen. It is a choice every time, no protection is 100% sure.

Yes, it is a womans body, also abortion is a murder. For those people who are thinking like that. Also abortion is painful and could cause traumas for some people. Same as for other women keeping the baby could cause traumas. Womans body, woman choice.

Meanwhile baby did not choosed to come to this world, no deserve to be treated badly or ignored, or hated. That is your mistake, your choice and baby is complete innocent for its existence. Baby need to feeded. It is baby that you caused so it is your responsibility to take care of it. If not emotionally because of your lack of humanity, at least financially.

Stop having sex if you cannot take responsibility. Mating is only for making babies in biological matter.

No sex-no babies = happy , free man

Old 07-28-2015, 12:50 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You can argue the point all you want. Womens groups will make sure that the child support laws favor the woman. No matter how much you yell and scream you will never get past this. Can you imagine a politician having the guts to go up against supporting your kid(s)? Never going to happen!!! Its a waste of typing lol!!!

And what kind of person would not take responsibility? A psychopath

Old 07-28-2015, 01:18 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
And what kind of person would not take responsibility? A psychopath
What I was trying to say that any change in the way child support is administered will be looked at negatively. The politicians will never touch it. I will give you an example. You have joint custody. The child resides in two residences equally. Why does one pay and the other does not. Does that make someone a psychopath because the question the logic? Is the man taking responsibility for the child? Yes he is. Is he also paying for when that child is over his house? Yes he is. Is he clothing and feeding that child? Yes he is. Is he paying to put a roof over that childs head? Yes he is. Does it make him a psychopath because he questions if the ex should be receiving money while he is a co parent? There are problems with the system and womens groups will never address that. The reason is they know that child support laws greatly favor the woman. To question that does not make one a psychopath!!

Old 07-28-2015, 01:39 PM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
Sex is a reproductive activity and its only purpose is to produce a pregnancy. If men don't want to sire children they should be darn careful about the location of their semen.

If a man doesn't contribute to the creation of a child then he doesn't have to worry about child support.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:45 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,429,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Sex is a reproductive activity and its only purpose is to produce a pregnancy. If men don't want to sire children they should be darn careful about the location of their semen.

If a man doesn't contribute to the creation of a child then he doesn't have to worry about child support.
Dayum, glad I didnt marry you. My wife and I try to have sex at least 4 times a week. It wasnt until we were ready to have a kid that she went off the pill and had sex with the intent of making a baby....

Old 07-28-2015, 02:00 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
You have joint custody. The child resides in two residences equally. Why does one pay and the other does not.
Here is my example for ya. I had physical custody, we shared legal custody. My son stayed with his dad 2 nights a week, one of those a weekend night. I had my son on my health insurance. I paid his child care. I paid his medical bills. I cooked his meals 5 days a week.. I bought his clothes and took him shopping for school supplies every year. I bought furniture for his bedroom. (He slept on the couch at his dad's ). I took him to Boy Scouts. I took him to karate. I bought him every bike he ever had...including the one he has now at college. I made his lunch for school every single morning of his life...at his request. There is NO question, AT ALL, who was more responsible for his care. And also no comparison as to what the actual costs were, and what my ex paid me. Hell I didn't even ask him for a DIME untill we actually divorced, 5 years after we separated. And even then, he stopped paying when he got so behind he just decided he wasn't paying anything else, when my son was 16.

So I am sorry if you feel that things are not "equal". Hell I agree with you. I know lots of women that NEVER even pursue the unpaid support because its just not worth the arguing and bitterness. You're damn right it's not equal. Women give birth. Men don't. Period.

Some men think they should be able to have sex and not worry about the repercussions. Well, life doesn't work that way. You want to not pay? Here is a sure way to ensure that happens. KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:01 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
What I was trying to say that any change in the way child support is administered will be looked at negatively. The politicians will never touch it. I will give you an example. You have joint custody. The child resides in two residences equally. Why does one pay and the other does not. Does that make someone a psychopath because the question the logic? Is the man taking responsibility for the child? Yes he is. Is he also paying for when that child is over his house? Yes he is. Is he clothing and feeding that child? Yes he is. Is he paying to put a roof over that childs head? Yes he is. Does it make him a psychopath because he questions if the ex should be receiving money while he is a co parent? There are problems with the system and womens groups will never address that. The reason is they know that child support laws greatly favor the woman. To question that does not make one a psychopath!!
Im not disagreeing with you but why are we not seeing mens groups jump on this. There are lots of inequities in family law and I hear complaints but rarely any action by father's rights groups.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:16 PM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So far I haven't seen someone ask, what if the man wants to be the father? He also gets screwed by the whole "It's my body, it's my choice to kill the baby"? It seems the man doesn't really have a voice in any of this.

A woman does have the choice to be a deadbeat. All she has to do is kill the baby (abortion) regardless of the man wanting to be a father. It's not like she is told "Well, tie your tubes! Use protection if you don't want to be a mother and quit your whining!"

I agree that BOTH have to be responsible about their actions. It just seems women have different options to get out of the responsibilities of being a parent without looking bad.

Numbers are a bit different:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2002/08/09/moms-can-be-deadbeats-too.html

32%. So it has worsened a bit, but not by much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.