Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 05:51 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,305,930 times

Advertisements

The obligation to pay non-custodial child support is rooted in voluntary participation in Social Security / FICA.
If one is not a participant, there is no legal obligation.
. . .
Of course, you weren't informed of all those pesky details. But it's all in the law, available at any county courthouse law library.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:51 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,104,106 times
Some posters throw out abotting the child likes its nothing
Sick

Two people made it.. two people get to take care of it. If child creating falls to the female half she should be supported to the extent of the greater needs of the child

Sterilize all felons of the dangerous kind
Sterilize breeders of any kind

Old 07-28-2015, 06:39 AM

41,002 posts, read 49,435,151 times
Must suck having most of your paycheck going to women and kids who mean nothing to you.

That was some expensive nookie.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:41 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,779,274 times
I wish I had caught this thread a little earlier(14 pages since 9:30pm last night?) since it has already kind of devolved to the point where everyone is just yelling at each other and repeating themselves, but I do have a couple of thoughts I'd like to share.

First off the family court system is in my opinion completely broken right now and was designed to fit circumstances that existed 50 years ago that do not necessarily apply to today. Secondly this system purports to be designed primarily for the "best interests of the children" but I think it has gotten to the point where is it more designed to perpetuate itself and to generate income. Powerful people with many resources at their disposal have manipulated this system to the point where it generally serves to enrich them often at the expense of the very same children it claims to protect. For this reason and for reasons of ideological notions of social justice this system is extremely reluctant to modernize and adapt to new realities.

As far as what we should do to modernize the system is concerned, I think any changes should be centered around a readjustment of the way custody of the children and the related redistribution of family assets are handled. The whole notion of a custodial and non custodial parent is not equitable and is downright punative towards the non custodial parent as well as being unfair to the children. The non custodial parent becomes a source of income for the custodial parent and nothing else. The continued presense of the non custodial parent in the childrens' lives is at best an afterthought in many cases. In the vast majority of circumstances children need the influence of both of their parents in their lives, and not just as secondary characters, financial benefactors or occasional guest stars.

The time for the old arrangement has ended and it is time for a new arrangement that has a presumption of split(as in 50/50) custody to be put in to place. 50/50 custody should be the starting point and case by case circumstances should dictate where it goes from there. No longer should non custodial parents have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to fight tooth and nail to win the right to be a regular part of their childrens' lives simply because they are the father or they are the one who makes the most money. This is money wasted on lawyers that could have been used for the benefit of the children. Placing these often insurmountable barriers between fathers and their children is one of the reasons many fathers seem to disengage from their children in the first place. It is hard to remain emotionally invested in the lives of people you are not allowed to see very often(if at all) and as that emotional investment wanes so does the desire to continue the financial investment, which is a cause of many of the problems that custodial parents(mothers, usually) are having with the current system.

If both parents in a divorce have the responsibility and the opportunity to participate in their childrens' lives in both a financial and a physical/custodial manner we will end up with a much more equitable and satisfying result for all parties involved, including the children, and you will have a much better chance of having a situation where both parents want to be involved.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:23 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,676,131 times
There is nothing stopping parents from opting for 50/50 custody; nothing at all.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:31 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,167,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
There is nothing stopping parents from opting for 50/50 custody; nothing at all.
I think any judge that would give the OP ANY form of custody of a child should be immediately removed from the bench and their IQ checked.

It's obvious by now that the OP is simply trolling. Based on his posts and responses, I doubt there's a single woman out there who would have had sex with him to begin with.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,779,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post

There is nothing stopping parents from giving their children away to a roving band of gypsies either, if they both agree to it and the gypsies are willing.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:11 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,984,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic_Cajun View Post
Why is it that women have 2 choices when it comes to pregnancy and men only get 1?

They both have a choice to have sex, but because it's "her body", she has a choice to keep the baby or not. Shouldn't the male have the choice to pay child support or not? That would sure eliminate a lot of excessive population in this country, if no monetary award is given to women.
What about accountability? shouldn't vouchers be provided instead of checks? I want some accounting of where my money is going, and not to "nails and hair did".
I love how the feminist put men in jail for not paying, yeah that makes a lot of sense! now he gets fired because of being in jail, or doesn't stand a chance of getting a job because there is a gap on the resume from "doing time" because he couldn't afford the rapeage that the male hating courts handed down. How are you ever suppose to get ahead to pay the support under these conditions?

No wonder so many men whack their (ex) wife and kids!
What about accountability?

Think on that for a minute.

Your position is that the male should have the choice to pay child support or not? Because if he chose not to support his child, that would be him still being accountable?

Old 07-28-2015, 08:26 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,347,301 times
Quote:
But you are okay paying for welfare recipients who are clearly abusing the system? So again, the men has the burden? Why is this if the women choose to keep it? It should be her burden to pay for it. True equality is giving the same amount of choices to each gender, not fleecing men because a baby is in her oven.
Nice try with the equality BS. Clearly, you're of the "everbody gets a trophy" generation where all things must be equal, but let me tell you what your mom never didn't: Not everything is fair. Boo hoo.

Easy, EASY solution to your problem: You don't want kids, wear a rubber.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:39 AM

88,954 posts, read 85,475,713 times
Quote:
LOL, again your nobility is so awesome!
And what exactly defines "a man"?

Why does a woman get 2 choices and a man only get 1?
If there were no monetary award tied to it, then SHE WOULD ABORT that baby in a heart beat!

You people are truly groomed to believe what you are being taught! get some balls and think on your own.
Getting money that HELPS pay to support a child--meaning, food, shelter, medical care...is not a "monetary award". It is money a parent has to SPEND to support a child.

And how many women out there never get child support because the father is a deadbeat? I remember the rate of men who didn't pay child support used to be 28%. Not sure what it is now.

Your declaration that most women would abort a child in a heartbeat if there wasn't a monetary award tied to it is pretty sick, but I suppose you posted that for giggles. It's still pretty sick.

You are either a teenager or ate paint chips when you were little or used some heavy drugs or alcohol. I can't imagine a grown, healthy man posting what you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates