Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:54 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Wellll, I'm probably going to get flak from both genders on this, but I believe the current "system" (as you describe) is bad for everybody, and a heck of a lot of problems could be eliminated by returning things to the way they were 'back in the day.' Meaning: a guy should have two options- marry the girlfriend, or stay out of the picture with no obligations and no rights.
How about telling me exactly when "back in the day" putative fathers weren't obligated to support their kids even if they weren't married?

I can't wait.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic_Cajun View Post
Why is it that women have 2 choices when it comes to pregnancy and men only get 1?

They both have a choice to have sex, but because it's "her body", she has a choice to keep the baby or not. Shouldn't the male have the choice to pay child support or not? That would sure eliminate a lot of excessive population in this country, if no monetary award is given to women.
What about accountability? shouldn't vouchers be provided instead of checks? I want some accounting of where my money is going, and not to "nails and hair did".
I love how the feminist put men in jail for not paying, yeah that makes a lot of sense! now he gets fired because of being in jail, or doesn't stand a chance of getting a job because there is a gap on the resume from "doing time" because he couldn't afford the rapeage that the male hating courts handed down. How are you ever suppose to get ahead to pay the support under these conditions?

No wonder so many men whack their (ex) wife and kids!

Men DO have two choices when it comes to pregnancy.
Men can use more than one effective birth control or they can not have sex.

As far as accountability goes if it is requested in court child support payments can be paid to the courts and the courts forward it to the person who receives the child support.
There can also be a detailed list of what the money is used for IF it is requested and the court orders it to be that way.

I love how the misonynist always blame women/feminist for their own choice to place their bodily fluids where they know pregnancy is possible.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:04 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic_Cajun View Post
But you are okay paying for welfare recipients who are clearly abusing the system? So again, the men has the burden? Why is this if the women choose to keep it? It should be her burden to pay for it. True equality is giving the same amount of choices to each gender, not fleecing men because a baby is in her oven.
The topic is the child that you would not want, and why you should not share responsibility for its support. There simply IS no reason why you should not. The "man has the burden"? Huh? Are men giving birth now?? Listen. If you are so sure that you do not want a child with a woman, then either get clipped, or keep it in your pants. There are two choices right there.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:10 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The topic is the child that you would not want, and why you should not be responsible for its support. There simply IS no reason why you should not bear that responsibility. The "man has the burden"? Huh? Are men giving birth now?? Listen. If you are so sure that you do not want a child with a woman, then either get clipped, or keep it in your pants. There are two choices right there.
Or go gay. That's a popular choice nowadays.

I still want to know how many kids OP is supporting. Come on Cajun man, tell us how much you are paying monthly to all those little Cajuns Kids

Old 07-27-2015, 09:11 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
How about telling me exactly when "back in the day" putative fathers weren't obligated to support their kids even if they weren't married?

I can't wait.
Re: the OP's topic- I believe it was in the mid 1970's. That's when the government started sticking its paws in people's pockets. Edited to add: often without the mothers' knowledge- and neither mothers nor children saw a penny of it. "Child support" was nothing more than absent individuals being forced to reimburse social services for the 'help' they were providing.
Prior to then, forced support was generally in terms of individuals who had abandoned their families; support from unmarried individuals meant mothers taking them to court.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:11 PM

47 posts, read 45,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
As someone already said, you do have two choices from the start. You know how women get pregnant. You can either - actually 3 choices, or more - have unprotected sex, not have sex at all to 100% avoid getting pregnant, or use a condom. You can also ask her if she is on any form of birth control (this is if you're having sex with someone you don't know or barely know) and even if she is, make the decision to use a condom anyway to be extra safe. So there's 3-4 choices for you. To just assume she is taking care of it is reckless and irresponsible. Even if she is on birth control, condoms protect against many STDs as well so it would be wise to use one.

If she's already pregnant, guess what? You already failed. Your turn is up. Be more careful next time.

You are a troll with a ridiculous agenda, no one should even bother responding to you. It's quite clear what you're doing here.
Oh another temper temper! Angry because someone is questioning things huh?

What if said condom fails unknown to both parties? So, you are saying women are reckless and not capable of taking prescriptions? Again, why is all of this the mans burden and not the womens? You seem to be making a lot of excuses for women and not actual accountability. So, if she chooses to keep said baby when abortion is perfectly legal, why don't I have the choice to pay for it or not?

I love the character assassination instead of listening to the argument! Shows how well you've been indoctrinated to immediately attack others who do not think like you do!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
I love how everybody is accused of being angry. I know I'm not. I think it's quite obvious who is, though...

Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I love the previously banned posters who come on here pretending to be new but they're so obvious because they're the same whiners whining about the same crap they always did. Don't you know how to be less obvious?

I love the character assassination instead of listening to the argument! Shows how well you've been indoctrinated to immediately attack others who do not think like you do! great sign of intelligence.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:14 PM

431 posts, read 449,720 times
Men are ATMs, dude. Paying for everything has been the primary purpose of dads throughout history. It's only been super recently that any situation to the contrary has been the case. In fact, in the past if you brought home the bacon, you were a good dad and weren't expected to do much of anything else. You could go golf or the bar or smoke cigars with your buddies at the Elk's lodge. If you don't make any money or you don't want to pay, don't have kids. Pretty simple.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Are you kidding?

Add up the cost of rent/mortgage, utilities, food, clothes, doctor bills, daycare, gas and car expenses (your child has to get to daycare!), insurance, etc. My guess is on the low side it adds up to at least $2,500 per month. So if you have a child living in the house with hot water and heat, food, clothing, etc. and you aren't paying at least half that amount you aren't doing your part.

If YOU don't trust women to do the right thing you should be picking different women or better yet, abstaining.
So, you assume all women do the right thing? Are you out of your mind?
And, if you are spending $2500.00 a month on above items, you are a horrible bargainer! likely "high end" food, clothing, doctors and all of the other stuff you are blowing "my" money on. Accountability please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.