Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 01:31 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,813,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
As someone already said, you do have two choices from the start. You know how women get pregnant. You can either - actually 3 choices, or more - have unprotected sex, not have sex at all to 100% avoid getting pregnant, or use a condom. You can also ask her if she is on any form of birth control (this is if you're having sex with someone you don't know or barely know) and even if she is, make the decision to use a condom anyway to be extra safe. So there's 3-4 choices for you. To just assume she is taking care of it is reckless and irresponsible. Even if she is on birth control, condoms protect against many STDs as well so it would be wise to use one.
You are aware that pro-lifers can give similar advice to women, correct?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,813,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Men can use more than one effective birth control or they can not have sex.
Guess what--this advice is the same advice that pro-lifers give to women.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:12 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,833,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic_Cajun View Post
Why is it that women have 2 choices when it comes to pregnancy and men only get 1?

They both have a choice to have sex, but because it's "her body", she has a choice to keep the baby or not. Shouldn't the male have the choice to pay child support or not? That would sure eliminate a lot of excessive population in this country, if no monetary award is given to women.
What about accountability? shouldn't vouchers be provided instead of checks? I want some accounting of where my money is going, and not to "nails and hair did".
I love how the feminist put men in jail for not paying, yeah that makes a lot of sense! now he gets fired because of being in jail, or doesn't stand a chance of getting a job because there is a gap on the resume from "doing time" because he couldn't afford the rapeage that the male hating courts handed down. How are you ever suppose to get ahead to pay the support under these conditions?

No wonder so many men whack their (ex) wife and kids!
Oh aren't you lovely, bitter and think beating up kids and women is fine when things get rough..is that what you meant by WHACK... charming lovely man.. I don't want to even debate on your thread..

Old 07-28-2015, 02:34 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,732,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Even vasectomies can and do sometimes fail, though.
A male who sires kids who then won't support them should have his balls cut off. That is guaranteed to work 100% of the time.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,209,249 times
Quote:
But you are okay paying for welfare recipients who are clearly abusing the system? So again, the men has the burden? Why is this if the women choose to keep it? It should be her burden to pay for it. True equality is giving the same amount of choices to each gender, not fleecing men because a baby is in her oven.
LOL you really think that the average child support payments actually cover all the expenses of raising a child.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:18 AM

3,981 posts, read 2,584,997 times
Default This thread is a train wreak but I can't pass with the guard arms down!

1. What woman says she'll get an abortion as a precaution?

2. Why do we adults play with the lives of children (we're complaining & dodging our responsibility to the deprement of their well-being.) ?

3. Why do people fight over how children come into ths world (poor people shouldn't have too many children is just a thinly veiled judgement over other people). And why do we argue over are which child(ren) deserves assistance?? A Child not provided for cost society one way or another.

Again, it is all a game. This discussion of- hIs responsibility, her responsibility, pay, don't pay is really about how irresponsible behavior by 'adults' can be.

Thankfully not all adults act this way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Let me say this in regards to this matter--if a woman promises a man that she will get an abortion in the event of an unplanned pregnancy (and this can be proven) and later changes her mind in regards to this, then I don't think that this man should be forced to pay child support on the condition that this man agrees to immediately give up all of his parental rights to this child and have no contact at all with this child at least until this child reaches age 18. As for all of you complaining about taxpayer money being spent on this, please let me point out that I am much more sympathetic to having taxpayer money being spent to pay child support for a man whose vasectomy and/or Vasalgel injection failed (on the condition that this man immediately give up all of his parental rights to this child and does not have any contact with this child for the next 18 years) than I would to having taxpayer money being spent on helping take care of the children of poor people who have more children than they can afford.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 07-28-2015 at 04:56 AM..

Old 07-28-2015, 04:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,897,847 times
So some of you believe a woman should have the choice of being strapped with a child that requires, for a while, full time care or volunteer to be some nimrod's slave. IMHO the man should pay for bringing up the child he sired. That is just him taking responsibility for his actions. If you play, you pay. Some guys simply do not want to pay. Too bad for them.

The other solution is to avoid or abort the pregnancy. No baby = no responsibility = no payments.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 AM

37,721 posts, read 46,186,176 times
Quote:
The man has the burden because he is forced to pay for it against his will! If things were truly equal, he should have a choice to pay for it or not. So, in your logic, it's okay for women to spread legs and receive sperm if they are getting money for it? Would that not be prostitution? Are you supporting an illegal act? Where have your morals gone? How dare you!
LOL. Supporting a child is a completely different issue than prostitution. It's pretty clear from these inane illogical rants of yours, that you SCREWED UP. Guess you should have thought about that before you unzipped your pants. Too bad. Live and learn, I hope.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:51 AM

5,867 posts, read 3,314,904 times
Pull out and live to bang another day lol!!!!

Old 07-28-2015, 05:48 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,624,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
i think the op is pulling everyone's leg, but i'll play.

Cajun, you think you and your kind are victims? Nah, its the kid/kids who suffer with sperm donors that think like you do. Even if you pay your fair share, the kid is still shafted having a crappy "dad".
thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates