Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,081,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Question to those saying we are no better than them. Then do you think after WWII had Hitler been captured it would've been better to just keep him locked away till he died, or in ultimate poetic justice how would you feel had they captured him, interrogated and tortured him then put him in one of his own gas chambers and film him being gassed and dying and broadcasting it?

Also, hypothetically speaking let's say we did summarily execute every person in the U.S prison system convicted of the crimes I have stated above, morals and ethics aside, would it not be much better for everyone? MUCH fewer people to go re-commit their crimes, MUCH money saved from housing/feeding these wastes of flesh that could be used to go to those that are actually part of the human species, less prison riots, etc. etc.
I'm against the DP because we can't get it 100% right, 100% of the time. Too many innocents have been on death row. As for Hitler, even considering if he's a special case, and I'm ok, with his execution, I would not be okay with torture, and televised torture and execution. We have to be better as a society than he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 09:33 PM

23,253 posts, read 29,103,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
As for child abusers, they can change. I've seen it. My mother suffered from depression, and was "heavy handed" code for abusive. She got on the right kind of meds and was a lot better after that.
And my best friend (while growing up) her mom was even worse than my mother, and a druggie. One day, she found Jesus, flushed the drugs, and never touched my friend in anger again.
Having read a number of true crimes books, centering on child abuse, what will you find, time after time after time?

That person was abused him/herself by someone, or a family member, and no matter how hard that person may try, never to abuse a child, they go on automatic pilot! They simply can't stop themselves!

I was physically/emotionally abused by my father, who was even more abused by his father, and thankfully I never had any children, or the abuse may well have continued, generationally.

So, it when comes to child abusers, it's best to check their history first. If they were abused, have some compassion!

Whenever someone opens a thread like this, some thoughts come to mind immediately:

Point a finger at someone, you may be pointing 3-4 fingers at yourself!

What we hate the most in others, we see so much of in ourselves!

As to someone who opens up a thread like this, I'd love to explore that poster's subconscious mind, as well as those who support his views!

Last edited by tijlover; 10-07-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 10-07-2015, 09:44 PM

23,253 posts, read 29,103,005 times
Having just finished reading a book on Post Civil War conditions, back then, you could go to a prison or jail and "rent" a prisoner for a year for $200. He was yours to use/abuse for one year!

Coal mining, sawmill companies, cotton plantations made use of them, and all held in stockades at the worksites.

As to be expected, widespread usage of convict labor, depressed the wages of Free Labor, and dare they complain!

"If you don't like the wages I'm paying you, I'll simply bring in more convict labor!"

It was a racket, for sure, very profitable for the states and counties, and all you had to do was come into a small town, from a plantation, on a Saturday night, get drunk, you were charged with drunkenness and that person becomes a convict to rent!

At some of these work sites, the free labor workers, would sometimes open up the stockade gates and tell the prisoners: You're free now! Run!

And? Of course they didn't run anywhere! Their only clothing was a striped uniform, they didn't even know what county/state they were in, didn't know north from south, east from west, and at midnite, where would you run to, being miles and miles away from civilization!!!

It's a no-brainer why that system finally came to an end!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 PM

358 posts, read 223,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
Humanity owns these types of people. We must not lay blame but own the entire spectrum of our society for society is a reflection of our entire spectrum of values! (Or lack of)

You also have to be careful about people who label other people.................. Not the best of humanity there either.

Lets not turn a blind eye to these issues, lets solve these issues by assertive discussion and action.
When people behave in a humane way they deserve to be treated humanely but when they do not and it is proven beyond doubt which there are cases as such - they do not deserve to be treated humanely. There is ways for this to be taken care of in which they are not abused or tortured the way many of them have done to others that is why the are where they are and then the rest of us do not have to pay to take care of them. I do not want to pay one penny for killers like - Joseph Edward Duncan who admitted his crimes and who already had been incarcerated for similar crimes, Vinson Filyaw and Marc Dutroux etc the list can go on for a very long time but you get the drift. With these cases these guys admitted and or were proven guilty beyond a doubt. Why should they be sitting in some prison sucking up resources of any kind ? No they will never become rehabilitated - there is not hope of that so why should they be living and draining on society at all?

I do not take being abused as some sort of excuse for the terrible things some individuals do - if anything I believe that you are twice as sick as someone who wasnt abused but chooses to abuse another human. If you have experienced the fear and shame - you know just how devastating it is to do to another.

My mother lived by the rule that she brought me in so she had every right to take me out- while she did not obviously she also thought that if I looked at her the wrong way at times I deserved to be hit. This is not surprising as her mother did the same to my uncle who refused to listen and so she thought the only way to get through to him was to beat him. She claimed she cried herself to sleep some nights cause he never changed his behavior and she said sometimes she thought it would kill her to have to beat him every night. She wondered if it would ever change and it did but not until he was almost grown. Having experienced this behavior myself I told myself I would never be like them and I would not hit and embarrass myself and my child this way. And guess what my son is 20 yrs old and I never and I mean never hit him as a form of punishment or attempt to control him. So I do not for one second buy into this age old excuse of doing it because it was done to you- when we know better I believe we should do better.

So I am wondering just what your thoughts are about how to take action instead of not like we are now?

Last edited by Witchz; 10-07-2015 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 10-08-2015, 12:02 AM

358 posts, read 223,360 times
I think to implement a two panel board of 1) citizens and 2)law enforcement or justice system employees to review cases that are violent crimes against others and guilty beyond doubt in traditional court proceeding and after said review to insure guilt then we should send them to a short stay at waiting facility for those put to sleep forever. This would cost less than now and would send a message to those who are planning to do anything like this. Fear works wonders instead of supporting this behavior with sympathy for a person who deserves none.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:59 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,581,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Having read a number of true crimes books, centering on child abuse, what will you find, time after time after time?

That person was abused him/herself by someone, or a family member, and no matter how hard that person may try, never to abuse a child, they go on automatic pilot! They simply can't stop themselves!

I was physically/emotionally abused by my father, who was even more abused by his father, and thankfully I never had any children, or the abuse may well have continued, generationally.

So, it when comes to child abusers, it's best to check their history first. If they were abused, have some compassion!
Hitler and Stalin were raised by abusive parents, I guess the Jews and others should've just had some compassion for them?

Quote:
Whenever someone opens a thread like this, some thoughts come to mind immediately:

Point a finger at someone, you may be pointing 3-4 fingers at yourself!

What we hate the most in others, we see so much of in ourselves!
Oh really? So because, as a woman I'd love to see every man in prison convicted of rape face a firing squad I am pointing fingers at myself and because I hate rapists/pedophiles etc. I am one of them? Well, considering I would have zero issue pressing a button making every inmate in the U.S convicted of rape/murder/pedophilia/child abuse etc. die of the most painful heart attack imaginable I guess I am.

Quote:
As to someone who opens up a thread like this, I'd love to explore that poster's subconscious mind, as well as those who support his views!
I am a woman, not a man.

How many women get raped because rapists barely get much of a sentence? How many women continue to be beaten because our justice system loves rapists and men that beat women so much they are out in just a day or two. Personally I think if the police are called and find a man has beaten his woman he should get AT LEAST an automatic 10 year sentence of hard labor. Rapists should just be taken out and shot.

We are always complaining about how overpopulated the prisons are so why not do away with the worst? For example why even have super max prisons? If someone did something bad enough to go there they obviously deserve to be executed. Imagine how much better things would be if we had a LARGE culling of the worst of the worst and instead of wasting taxpayer money on single celled organisms it can be used to help actual human beings that deserve to be called human. Keep in mind I am not talking about all crimes, or even most, just the absolute worst of the worst. I'd be all for using the money we save on demon spawn on those say in jail for petty crimes or what have you.

Last edited by Jeo123; 10-10-2015 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Quote Tag Fix

Old 10-08-2015, 06:55 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,349,802 times
It's pretty obvious that you need more help in dealing with your past then what you will find here.
You've got a toxic brew inside of you that will eat at you until you succumb to it unless you find some way to neutralize it and find the peace and love that you seek.
The peace and love that you seek is not here.
It is within you but you need to find it in your past.
You may want to write everything down on paper so you can reread it at a later date so it will look like a 3rd person wrote it and then you can externalize these toxic emotions.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:03 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,581,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
It's pretty obvious that you need more help in dealing with your past then what you will find here.
You've got a toxic brew inside of you that will eat at you until you succumb to it unless you find some way to neutralize it and find the peace and love that you seek.
The peace and love that you seek is not here.
It is within you but you need to find it in your past.
You may want to write everything down on paper so you can reread it at a later date so it will look like a 3rd person wrote it and then you can externalize these toxic emotions.
Unlike a lot of women, I have zero empathy. Logic keeps me in line, doing the right thing.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:09 AM

42,867 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
I think to implement a two panel board of 1) citizens and 2)law enforcement or justice system employees to review cases that are violent crimes against others and guilty beyond doubt in traditional court proceeding and after said review to insure guilt then we should send them to a short stay at waiting facility for those put to sleep forever. This would cost less than now and would send a message to those who are planning to do anything like this. Fear works wonders instead of supporting this behavior with sympathy for a person who deserves none.
And how is "said review" going to work out when the real perpetrator is found later, or the prosecutor is proven to have withheld evidence? I say that we take advantage of the public desire for revenge and blood lust and make some money off of it. Let's have a TV reality show called "Failures of Said Review" We can have the accused pick their penalty out of a drum, burning alive, stoning, drawn and quartered, suffocation, drowning etc. Why in the world should we try to sanitize it and call it "putting people to sleep"

Old 10-08-2015, 09:14 AM

42,867 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Unlike a lot of women, I have zero empathy.
Actually most human beings both male and female have empathy, those who lack it are usually said to be afflicted with Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates