Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times

Advertisements

By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 08:06 AM

3,507 posts, read 766,278 times
keeping these animals incarcerated provides long careers for prison workers and the lawyers who defend them .. I`d love to throw the lever on the chair for all of them ...

Old 10-06-2015, 08:16 AM

24,494 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Hitler did murder people that didn't fit into his society. It wasn't just the Jews.

I agree with you OP . Today it seems that the murderer has more rights than the person they killed. In high profile crimes we see the mug of the killer on the TV but the victim is often forgotten. That is sad.

In America people are innocent until proven guilty but in many cases the accused is guilty beyond any doubt and self admission yet we still drag out the court proceedings. WHY? Why waste the time and money to get to the bottom of the motive?

Take that nut who years ago at this point burst into the movie theatre and shot a bunch of people. There is no doubt he did it so why must we argue any further. Crazy or not he choose to pack up a gun and drive past other theatres to get to one that was a "gun free zone" went in and committed terrible carnage. I say put him down like a sick animal.

The Boston marathon bomber comes to mind. He is on video placing the bomb behind a family at the finish line and it blew them up killing the young son. The bomber is later seen on video buying milk and cookies while his victims bleed on the sidewalk in agony a few blocks away.

We had a trial for that bozo that went on and on. His high profile defense team admitted his guilt day one but they fought to avoid the death penalty and instead got him life in prison.
Life in prison is better than having your limbs blown off and dieing on the sidewalk in a pool of blood.

Why not just shoot him and get it over with. A bullet cost .50 cents the trial was millions.

There are criminals that check themselves out of humanity by their evil deeds so they shouldn't be treated humanely.
I say put them down like the sick animals they are and save us the misery.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
keeping these animals incarcerated provides long careers for prison workers and the lawyers who defend them .. I`d love to throw the lever on the chair for all of them ...
Sign me up to fill in for you on the days you can't make it in to throw the lever on the chair for them. Sadly, many of these people, and I believe they have no soul, get out of prison only to repeat the crime again or a more severe one or a chain of crimes.

At one time, I think they presented less of a problem because many were kept in mental institutions until they died. Others executed.

There is a growing number of sociopaths/psychopaths and now it has a new name "antisocial personality disorder" so as to throw you off the track of what is really being dealt with.

Pedophile isn't considered an issue unless he/she acts on the "desires" and from what I understand, those that actually want to control the "desires" and not just claim it in another type of "sexual orientation" can get help in the way of therapy and/or medication. I actually followed someone posting elsewhere going through the process. It was interesting but then again, this was not anyone that had acted on it. I think once it has been acted on, take the keys and lock them up and watch them closely until the day they die.

Rape is tough. Just a rapist that randomly chooses victims needs to be put under the foundation of the prison. Other types are sketchy and I don't even know how that could be fairly addressed.

Serial killers need to be staked in the hot desert, tied with wet rawhide, spread eagle in the hot desert sun and well, let nature take its course.

Truthfully, I always thought that judges and jurors who cut these people slack had some of the same inclinations. Think about it. All should receive the maximum sentence and sympathizers that let them off or out to repeat the crimes, when the crime is repeated, those that set them free before absolutely necessary should hold personal responsibility in the actions of the criminal. They would maybe think twice.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:53 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?
We don't do that because we have a thing called due process. It is there to protect you as well as the most depraved criminal. Unfortunately we have prosecutors who withhold exculpatory evidence, attorneys who don't provide an adequate defense, witnesses who lie. There is an appellate process to give the accused an opportunity to contest the verdict for a number of those reasons. The Innocence Project has succeeded in overturning 330 homicide convictions due to DNA exoneration and another 140 because they were able to identify the real killer. Many of the accused had been given death sentences. I would not be proud to live in a nation where in our rush to punish we kill innocent people and then issue some lame apology after they are dead.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:52 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
The part that really gets me is how lax our joke of a "justice system" is. Take for example a man pummels his wife/gf he gets arrested. Chances are VERY good he'll be out in a day or so just to go back to either do it again or worse to the person. I knew a woman last year her man beat her up he was arrested and released the NEXT DAY and sure enough he went back to her place and broke in and started beating her again, this time though a neighbor heard and did something about it, he grabbed a crow bar, entered her apartment and BEAT THE **** OUTTA HIM!! Seriously by the time the guy was done beating the other guy with a crow bar there was blood EVERYWHERE! But the woman was also badly beaten. Fortunately the guy that defended her wasn't arrested, and the guy that got beat to within an inch of his life went to the hospital and back to jail.

What gets me though is it is an absolute DISGRACE that the mofo was allowed back on the streets and the very next day no less, WTF?? Personally if it were up to me any man brought to jail for beating women/children would be taken to a special room where the meanest cops get to have a field day ripping the guy a new one while saying "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!!??" over and over.

Also, I bet if a woman that was raped was some judges' daughter he'd get tons of time. I just don't understand why our justice system is all to happy to go after drugs, money launderers, extortionists etc. and make sure they spend DECADES in prison yet a woman/child can be beat/raped/molested and they are treated like jaywalking crimes. Why are we so willing to so aggressively go after people for things that ultimately don't really matter but when there are REAL victims of a REAL crime they are pretty much told just go *********rself.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:00 AM

218 posts, read 214,499 times
Quote:
Because it would make those that are charged with "putting them down", less than human themselves. Not that I care a bit what happens to these guys I wouldn't want to make someone do the deadly deed for me, and suffer from PTSD forever after.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:33 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,185,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Boston marathon bomber comes to mind. He is on video placing the bomb behind a family at the finish line and it blew them up killing the young son. The bomber is later seen on video buying milk and cookies while his victims bleed on the sidewalk in agony a few blocks away. We had a trial for that bozo that went on and on. His high profile defense team admitted his guilt day one but they fought to avoid the death penalty and instead got him life in prison.
Tsarnaev was sentenced to death.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:12 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Because it would make those that are charged with "putting them down", less than human themselves. Not that I care a bit what happens to these guys I wouldn't want to make someone do the deadly deed for me, and suffer from PTSD forever after.
We have a lot of people for whom this would not be an issue, the "putting them down". For me, it would be easier than putting down a dog because more times than not, the owner was the problem and not the dog. The death penalty is already administered in some states. There are people that end lives every day as part of their job and some how, they sleep at night and these are innocent lives that they take.

Obviously, I'm an "eye for eye" person. Way too much turning the other cheek is done these days and I think you might have hit on something though that one of the reasons that people don't want to push for the death penalty is because one has to be able to separate themselves and realize the job has to be done. Some people are just stronger than others. There are a few of these individuals that no one should ever have to have contact with again because they are so evil. An souless, evil person is less than human and what needs to be done, needs to done.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:21 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates