Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 10:59 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,440,369 times

Advertisements

Yes. It should be illegal. It is a human being created by God that is killed. A fetus is a living person killed in Abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 11:01 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,440,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
It is real simple. Let the pregnant one be free to make her own decision.
What about the voice of the unborn person , Sir?

Old 04-07-2016, 11:12 AM

510 posts, read 501,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhyanne View Post
Why would anyone abort a fetus? The overwhelming majority of women say that pregnancy and birth changed their personalities for better. The majority of women who have an unplanned kid fall in love when the baby is born and doesn't regret having that kid.
I think you may be surprised how many mothers regret having children. Our society condemns mothers who confess they hate motherhood. With the internet and the anonymity which comes with it, there are more and more women who confess they do not like their position in life. Aside from hormone surges at birth (that love they initially feel), children place a large amount of stress on a parent. If the woman is single the baby is double the financial burden. Even for married couple children are one of the main causes of divorce.

From a historical perspective, babies were routinely dropped off at orphanages or convents. Leaving them on the side of a mountain was a very common practice (those Greeks got that idea for their myths from somewhere). Even in modern times infanticide is very common in some cultures. The fact there are laws regarding child abandonment shows it was/is not unheard of.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 PM

854 posts, read 586,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
I think you may be surprised how many mothers regret having children. Our society condemns mothers who confess they hate motherhood. With the internet and the anonymity which comes with it, there are more and more women who confess they do not like their position in life. Aside from hormone surges at birth (that love they initially feel), children place a large amount of stress on a parent. If the woman is single the baby is double the financial burden. Even for married couple children are one of the main causes of divorce.

From a historical perspective, babies were routinely dropped off at orphanages or convents. Leaving them on the side of a mountain was a very common practice (those Greeks got that idea for their myths from somewhere). Even in modern times infanticide is very common in some cultures. The fact there are laws regarding child abandonment shows it was/is not unheard of.

Yes, if you Google "regret having children" you'll get 101 million results.

There used to be a website called secretconfessions.com and there was a thread on there called "I Hate Being A Mom" and it swelled to over 2000 comments before they finally locked the thread. I mean, they were just coming out of the woodwork.

Back in the 70's Ann Landers did a survey of parents to ask how many would do it again if they could, and 70% of respondents said they would not have children if they could turn back time.

The American Psychological Association even lists being married with children as a leading cause of depression in women.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:34 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
What about the voice of the unborn person , Sir?

they have no voice.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:20 AM

36,582 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Yes. It should be illegal. It is a human being created by God that is killed. A fetus is a living person killed in Abortion.
Reproductive biology 101. Check it out.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:23 AM

36,582 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Yes, if you Google "regret having children" you'll get 101 million results.

There used to be a website called secretconfessions.com and there was a thread on there called "I Hate Being A Mom" and it swelled to over 2000 comments before they finally locked the thread. I mean, they were just coming out of the woodwork.

Back in the 70's Ann Landers did a survey of parents to ask how many would do it again if they could, and 70% of respondents said they would not have children if they could turn back time.

The American Psychological Association even lists being married with children as a leading cause of depression in women.
All one has to do is look around at all the children being raised by grandparents and fosters. Its almost an epidemic in my area. I'm one of the grandparents. I'd guess by talking to teachers and my grandsons over 50% of the students are being raised by someone other than their parents and probably 25% without their mother in the picture.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:12 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,499,887 times
There has always been and always will be abortion no matter what you in regards to making it illegal. There are many ways to end a pregnancy out of sight. While abortion is never a good end to a pregnancy I prefer allowing it in a safe environment rather than a dark alley.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:19 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,802,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The woman who is financially secure can afford to travel wherever she needs to go to get an abortion, if she decides that is the best option for herself and her family.
Which in turn is why logically consistent pro-lifers should support punishing women who get abortions abroad.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:21 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,802,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Wealthy women will still be able to get safe abortions.
Which in turn is why logically consistent pro-lifers should support punishing women who get abortions abroad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates