Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 02:11 PM

35,124 posts, read 17,080,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Why are innocent vendors being punished for a cop killing a teenager and how did capitalism kill him? Go protest at the police department, the mayor's house, and city hall. Leave the innocent people out of it.
The answer is that these "people" hate America, hate the West and hate capitalism, yet leech off their benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 02:48 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,962,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
That cop was an idiot, anyone of them could have tasered the kid and that would have been the end of it. I have a couple of cop friends and they agree. Even police have to have a legitimate reason to shoot.
Not all police have tasers or bean bag rounds. So, tell me, what do you use when you don't have those? If you choose baton or spray, I hope you have a life insurance policy for your family. In the county I live in, there are 5 or 6 police departments, and none equip their officers with tasers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because of their training, their job is no more dangerous than anybody else, it not like he a steel erector or highway surveyor, which are 100 times more dangeous.

as far as your default, i have not seen that contract yet, maybe we need to get microsoft on that too.
The difference being... highway and construction workers are killed in accidents, and people actively try to kill law enforcement. There's a big difference between the two, and you shouldn't simply look at the number killed in each occupation. Law enforcement can be extremely stressful, and the stress can greatly shorten your lifespan if nothing else gets you.

Old 11-28-2015, 02:55 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,962,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
My God, criminals complaining about how they are handled while doing a crime?
Don't do crime. Problem solved.
why is this even a thing?

if you live "tha thug life" what do you expect, a medal and a parade?
Unfortunately, that's what the Black Lives Matter group will give you. Mike Brown had shrines in the middle of the street and was glorified as a martyr. I saw a recent news story showing some stupid plaque with a poem they installed in his honor.
Rob a convenience store by roughing up the clerk and fight a police officer sitting in his car... become a hero in some communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates