Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All of this stuff going on is just one more nail in the coffin of society. First, the family unit began to break down, and kids were forced to transit between Dad's home and Mom's home on alternating weekends. Then they had to learn to accept that Mom has some new guy sleeping in her bed and does Dad has some new GF in his . Then, if that wasn't confusing enough, we are allowing families to have two Dads or two Moms as the parents of young children. Even worse, there are lots of homes with multiple "Baby Daddies" !

I thank God every day that I grew up in a family where Dad worked hard to support us, where Mom was there with cookies when I got home from school, and where the two sexes had distinct roles and purposes in life. Made things so much less confusing.

I am not a super religious person (but I believe in God) but I see all this nonsense going on and can't help but feel it is the beginning of the end for civilization.

Don
I would suggest that this "society" that you speak of is not the utopia that some people make it out to be.

Ah, back to the good ol' 1950's, where most women didn't have a choice but be the dutiful wife that made her kids cookies when they got home. The same era, I might add, where a lot of divorce didn't happen a lot of times when it should have, because the women involved had no other options.

It makes me literally shudder when I hear someone speak of the "purpose in life" of someone, simply due to their gender. Who is anyone in this world to determine someone else's "purpose in life"?

IMO, that things might be "more confusing" (whatever that means) is the price that we pay for not living in a repressive society.

Choice. It's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,336 times
"No you can not equate it to a child molester. Child molesters are predators, they hurt and cause harm to other people. Gay and trans people don't hurt anyone. Transitioning has no affect on anyone, but the person transitioning. Gay people's relationship's only affect the two people in the relationship, just like straight people. As long as kinky people are only kinky with willing partners, who cares?"

I'm talking about the same sort of brain chemistry problem not who or who isn't a victim.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post

I'm talking about the same sort of brain chemistry problem not who or who isn't a victim.
Being kinky is a "brain chemistry problem"? That's a new one for me.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Studies show that having same sex parents has zero affect on children.

Oh I bet the children are teased relentlessly in school. I would think there is quite a bit of an affect.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Being kinky is a "brain chemistry problem"? That's a new one for me.
Depends on extent of kinky? That could mean anything from roll playing to necrophilia.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Depends on extent of kinky? That could mean anything from roll playing to necrophilia.
So, what did you mean by it when you said it?

Old 12-15-2015, 11:02 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post

Studies show that having same sex parents has zero affect on children. They grow up just as normal as kids from heterosexual parents. In fact there are many studies that show gay couples are better parents, because they truly want their kids and have to go to great lengths to get them, unlike heterosexual couples where as many as 50% of pregnancies are unintended.
I don't mean to single you out, Pennies4Penny, because your posts often have a lot of logical thought in them. But I wanted to comment on the number of sweeping statements I've seen in this thread that have been made without qualifiers just because no situation where people are involved is ever all positive or negative as a rule

I'll use yours for an example: It depends on who is paying for the study. This is all a very new science and it has been politicized.

Therefore a lot of groups have an interest in skewing the truth to their side of the fence. Some research will indicate that you can find studies that run the whole gamut from damaging influence to no influence. I would guess, like most things in life the answer lies somewhere more towards the middle and a multitude of factors which would make accuracy very difficult to determine.

I can't offer reasons why but I also know that when homosexuals are pedophiles they tend to have more victims than heterosexuals and find recovery more difficult. In fact I doubt very seriously the statistics we are presently being given considering the cult of youth worship in male homosexual culture.

Much more work needs to be done that is independently financed.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:10 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Quote:
Couldn't the same argument (brain chemistry) be made for gays, child molesters, kinky people?

Who should decide what is, or is not acceptable in our society? Religious leaders? Which ones? Which religions? Political leaders? Which ones? I don't know the answer but if it's between consenting adults and there are no victims, I don't really care
I agree...and the notion that most pedophiles have wives or have sex with women doesn't mean much either...because so do most closeted gay men. Anybody who has sexual proclivities that deviate from the accepted standard will try to mask it by appearing to participate in said accepted norm...and pedophiles even moreso, since their sexual proclivity is illegal. So it doesn't surprise me that most pedophiles identify as heterosexual, as most gay men did as well when it was not tolerated.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
So, what did you mean by it when you said it?
Kinky is defined by me as anything I don't do. Lol

Old 12-15-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Kinky is defined by me as anything I don't do. Lol
Thanks for the chuckle, seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates