Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 04:30 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,377,574 times

Advertisements

Vancouvers' Gay Pride Parade is now bigger than it's old Exhibition (no pun intended) parade, but if you look at these entitlement trends they're in the cities, where the media/money/politics reside. Look at the BILLIONS for HIV funding. It virtually started in Vancouver, BC (and Hollywood) and yet medical issues that are not self-inflicted like MS, diabetes research, other cancers, go crying for funds. There's a real game being played here, and it's not played in Passaic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 04:58 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
It took me a while to understand people in the LGBT crowd. I'll never fully understand to be honest, but I have accepted their stances and took the "live and let live" approach. Now I know a few and I'm actually friends with them.

After reading this article below though, when is enough...enough? I mean, I got it. Transgenders are people too. But what is this transage stuff? Transrace? Transspecies? Transabled? It seems like the door is opening wider and wider to "normalize" everything, to the point where nothing is off limits.

Clearly, We Need More Shame And Judgment In Our Society | TheBlaze.com

Thoughts? Caveat: I'm not advocating to push religion on everyone. Just concerned with how far this "trans everything until it's normal" trend is gonna go.
After checking out other articles by this blogger, I wouldn't go near to reading this article. The man is a professional hate-spewer all around....he comes off like Herman Goebbels.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:08 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Trannies are usually losers because their inability to grasp that they can't (except under limited circumstances and at great expense and stress) change their gender carries over into the economic and employment world, where their lack of pragmatism (Hollywood at work) and a willingness to accept facts directs most of them to the low rungs on the socioeconomic ladder, and tends to keep them there. They are among the least-mature of the whiners and squabblers over there in the Big Lefty Sandbox.

Sorry, but that's just the way things work in the marketplace of human opinion; you're out-voted, (and don't blame the messenger for the message).

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-16-2015 at 05:27 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 06:43 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Something I don't understand:

Transgender folks say that they don't feel like they are in the right body. A man says he feels like a woman trapped in a man's body. A woman says she feels like a man trapped in a woman's body.

What evidence do we have that the feelings are correct and the body is wrong? Isn't it possible that the body is right and the feelings are wrong?

Anyone have a good answer for that ... ?

Old 12-16-2015, 09:32 AM

21 posts, read 37,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

Transgender folks say that they don't feel like they are in the right body. A man says he feels like a woman trapped in a man's body. A woman says she feels like a man trapped in a woman's body.

What evidence do we have that the feelings are correct and the body is wrong? Isn't it possible that the body is right and the feelings are wrong?

Yes- I agree. Although, I think the world is riding on a wave of emotion right now so everyone is just "throwing it out there"

Old 12-16-2015, 11:07 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
Now question for you, how are you been affected by this trans[insert any word here] trends in real life? I understand we are here to debate, but I fail to see any real premise on your post.
Thank you
You didn't express your thoughts at all, yet you're trying to probe me for more information. You also state you fail to see any real premise on my post, but how come other posters from both sides of the fence were able to have a discussion and meaningful dialogue without any contributions from you thus far?

I fail to see any real premise on YOUR post other than you questioning any "motive" you might think I have. My OP was pretty clear. I live in Hawaii and they have a fairly large LGBT community out here, so I see them and interact with them every day...in real life.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:33 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

The former Chief of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Hospital has stated that transgender ideation is a mental illness. In today's scientific climate which is run by money and interest groups, rather than principals of science, of course he has been crucified.

If we were truly approaching the issue in a scientific manner instead, emotion would be removed from the subject and each hypothesis would be objectively considered and tested. Just the fact that he was treated like a heretic rather than a serious scientist should raise an eyebrow among everyone who is serious enough about the condition to want the scientific truth, I think.

After all, if we really care about providing the best care to people in mental distress it is worthwhile to know the genesis of the condition, if possible. Something's amiss, methinks.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:53 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
It took me a while to understand people in the LGBT crowd. I'll never fully understand to be honest, but I have accepted their stances and took the "live and let live" approach. Now I know a few and I'm actually friends with them.

After reading this article below though, when is enough...enough? I mean, I got it. Transgenders are people too. But what is this transage stuff? Transrace? Transspecies? Transabled? It seems like the door is opening wider and wider to "normalize" everything, to the point where nothing is off limits.

Clearly, We Need More Shame And Judgment In Our Society | TheBlaze.com

Thoughts? Caveat: I'm not advocating to push religion on everyone. Just concerned with how far this "trans everything until it's normal" trend is gonna go.

That is the very nature of being a liberal. Many are malcontents, always wanting to make changes for the better in their mind, regardless of the absurdity or not.
Aided by the liberal mainstream media, uber liberal Hollywood intentionally trying to desensitize the public to homosexuals, interracial couplings, transsexuals, smoking dope, etc., etc., via commercials, TV shows and movies.

Left up to many liberals, they would turn our country into a anything goes Sodom & Gomorrah with legalization of every vice and perversion known to man. In their warped minds they think a society could function like that, with all religion, traditions and moral values having no place in their perfect Utopia.

`

Old 12-16-2015, 06:14 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Even the gays are bailing out on Trans:

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...hock-criticism

Reaction: https://www.datalounge.com/thread/16...sgender-people

Old 12-20-2015, 08:48 PM

282 posts, read 236,274 times
The only reason transexuality is so slippery is because there's some die-hards that have to make everything so complicated.

I could go on and explain a good amount of reason why I don't agree with transexuality and my opinion on what can be done to resolve it. But it comes down to having a down to Earth look at the matter. Were you born with a penis? You're a boy/man. Were you born with a vagina? You're a girl/woman. That covers damn near everyone in the world right there. So don't muddy the waters! I don't care if you've got fake breasts, wear a dress, and can tuck like you're on Silence of the Lambs. That penis makes you a man and even cutting it off doesn't change the fact (even if that makes you feel like less of one in such a case)!

So what about that 1 in 10,000 or whatever the estimate is of hermaphrodites, neither sex, and the like? It's complicated for them. They get to play exception. They will very likely face reconstructive surgery to whatever gender (usually female from what I understand). It sucks and this should be closer to a case by case basis. But at the end of the day, they're the extreme exception and certainly shouldn't be the rule to the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates