Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 02:45 PM

25 posts, read 23,055 times

Advertisements

Transexual operations happen because we know how to do it. The bigger question is should we. I remember as a very small boy asking my father why was I a boy. He told me very simply that I was born the way and that was that. Straight forward and simple. I believe young people are missing out from this kind simple straight forward thinking and in turn are be fed a very destructive line of thinking. You can be what ever you want. Just believe and it can happen for you. Most people if they go back far enough in their development will remember a time when they were unsure about gender. Most of use become comfortable with our gender because we have no other choice. Choice is not always a good thing. The suicide rate for trans is very high because it is at it's heart, the wrong choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 04:11 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,825,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The difference between the vernacular and the full description is a matter of a few letters; obviously, you're only offended because I, like most other people, don't subscribe to your view of things.

No, actually I may curse like a sailor, I may not give an eff about certain things, but it has nothing to do with my view of anything, in a way. A slur is a slur, and I don't use them, vernacular, and full decriptions, heh, just a semantic bullspit excuse to call somebody you don't like, a slur, and you're excuse makes no sense. Would you describe a group of black people as ni(n)ggas, as would- by your words, be a full description, probably not. Or yet a group of non-heteros as a bunch of queers, or f(l)ags, probably not, but if you insist on calling transsexuals- trannies, then who's to say. Oh, but "trannies" are what they are you might say, well one could say all white people are crackers. It doesn't matter your viewpoint, it's still considered a slur, and that isn't okay. I don't care about your view, or hate, or wtf ever, not much offends me, even if I was against them, even if I wasn't lgbt, I'd still be just as offended as somebody calling me the n-word, or a latino person a kips.

Quote:
Below is a link to the story of another little fellow who sees things as you do: He's been floating around for thirty years now -- turning his personal frustrations and his family's poor parenting into someone else's problem; it would be a pretty formidable task to figure out how much his stupidity has cost the taxpayer:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/great...ut-justin.html

I don't see the relation.
Quote:
Well, guess what?? Life is a poker game, and nature doesn't deal everybody a high hand in the physical department. I happen to have lived most of my 66 years with a physical deformity that generated more than my share of locker-room stupidity, but I didn't run whining to some supposed "expert" who would tell me it wasn't my responsibilon't see the ity -- or turn to other men for release.
Exactly; not everybody ends up tall, good-looking, or completely phsyically able, or mentally able. You can live with your whatever deformity, either by choice, or no way to fix it, somebody else may have the same issue, but finds a way ti fix it. Kudos for living with whatevef it is you have. Not everybody is like that. I don't like my eye color, at some point I want to get those occular implants. Other than that; I don't know who runs "whining" to anyone for whatever point you're trying to make. I'm guessing this is some crudely thought up comparison to transpeople. Psyvology is an ever changing science, could there be "experts," or call them as they are; crackpots, for transpeople, maybe. There are also crackpots on the other side. Who the eff is turning to men for release?

Quote:
If you want to play the "victim game" it's your privilege, and if you want to experiment with expensive medical "answers", that's also your privilege -- just as long as you, and you alone, assume the financial responsibility for it. Our nation is going to have to adapt to a world in which it is no longer the sole dominant economic superpower, and while that doesn't mean that anyone has to want for the basics of sustenance and dignity, we can no longer afford to anoint every variety of malcontent and misfit with the status of a "protected minority".
How can you decide what the nation can spend money on, I think you're just bitter because things are not what they were, it's okay, I hate what has become of cars, but it's something both of us can learn to deal with, like adults.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:20 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,825,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanjim View Post
Transexual operations happen because we know how to do it. The bigger question is should we. I remember as a very small boy asking my father why was I a boy. He told me very simply that I was born the way and that was that. Straight forward and simple. I believe young people are missing out from this kind simple straight forward thinking and in turn are be fed a very destructive line of thinking. You can be what ever you want. Just believe and it can happen for you. Most people if they go back far enough in their development will remember a time when they were unsure about gender. Most of use become comfortable with our gender because we have no other choice. Choice is not always a good thing. The suicide rate for trans is very high because it is at it's heart, the wrong choice.
That is not why the suicide rate is high, and you know it. Anyone so "well-adjusted," who's never been close to at least considering suicide, just doesn't get it. The why isn't too hard to find, especially with transpeople, when it's in the news, and whatnot. Could you say the same for suicides from being bullied?

Old 01-12-2016, 05:43 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
It truly breaks my heart that there is a subset of people on a bandwagon of "shaming is good."

Quote from article: "Tolerance will be legally mandated for everyone."

Great, I'm all for it! "Live and let live" says the bible which i personally don't follow but think that it has some great ideas about respecting and honoring and tolerating people.

The article goes on to say: "Oh, and pedophiles are getting in on the normalization action, too. Not long ago Salon ran a puff piece on a man who confesses to being sexually attracted to little children. It was greeted with reserved approval by liberals across the country. Eventually, the approval won’t be so reserved."

Such blatant fear mongering! Fear monger that soon sexual abuse of children will be ok?? WOW!! WHAT AN IMPLICATION!! And then to say such a movement will be run by "liberals?" WTF??!

There are laws about such things and some things that i think most in our society (outside of maybe NAMBLA types) would agree that are hurtful to others and should be followed. Some among them: murder, rape, sexual assault, ANY abuse of children including sexual contact from adults, etc.

Lack of tolerance also hurts others. I try to be tolerant as much as possible but admit that I have a hard time with "being tolerant of the intolerant." I am not tolerant of people who write articles like this and SPREAD HATE. We have enough hate in society. No need to "convince people" to hate, shame and guilt more often.

"Trans-anything" does not impact me or most other people in any serious way so i don't see why people get so emotional about it. Your a boy but want to be treated like a girl? Who cares. You are an adult who wants to be treated as a kid? Who cares. Personally, i don't really treat kids much differently than adults besides maybe watching my language a bit so these preferences don't impact me. They really don't impact anyone except maybe a few intolerant cake bakers..... Obviously, the writer of this article has no "trans" people in his life so why is it any of his business if no one is being hurt?

Old 01-13-2016, 11:02 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
It took me a while to understand people in the LGBT crowd. I'll never fully understand to be honest, but I have accepted their stances and took the "live and let live" approach. Now I know a few and I'm actually friends with them.

After reading this article below though, when is enough...enough? I mean, I got it. Transgenders are people too. But what is this transage stuff? Transrace? Transspecies? Transabled? It seems like the door is opening wider and wider to "normalize" everything, to the point where nothing is off limits.

Clearly, We Need More Shame And Judgment In Our Society | TheBlaze.com

Thoughts? Caveat: I'm not advocating to push religion on everyone. Just concerned with how far this "trans everything until it's normal" trend is gonna go.
I agree with this editorial. I do not have and never have had an issue with homosexuality; I accept that isn't a conscious choice and I don't think it's a mental disorder. I've known a lot of homosexuals and they're all well-adjusted, normal, high-functioning people.

But this trans-everything nonsense is a step too far for me. Call me intolerant if you must, but if you were born a male then YOU ARE MALE. If you were born female then YOU ARE FEMALE. Period. All this something-fluid crap is crap.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 PM

12,045 posts, read 8,429,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
That is not why the suicide rate is high, and you know it. Anyone so "well-adjusted," who's never been close to at least considering suicide, just doesn't get it. The why isn't too hard to find, especially with transpeople, when it's in the news, and whatnot. Could you say the same for suicides from being bullied?
I am still thinking long and hard about bullied people being forced to suicide. One thing I know about suicide is that people with a normal thought process don't commit it. You might say that it is less about what actually happens to them than it is about the way they think about what happens to them that causes the desperate act.

And here's what I find interesting: in the United States Black people have a considerably lower suicide rate than White people. Given the historical background for Black people and mistreatment it would seem that if the theory that being bullied causes suicide wouldn't they have a much higher rate of death by their own hand?

This line of reasoning is a "stuck" point for me when I hear people blame LGBT suicide rates on the abuse they get from straight people. And that, along with exceptionally high rates of addiction in the LGBT community, leads me back to thought disorders.

I don't want to cast aspersions on any group of people with my questions. But I do have questions and I seek scientifically accurate answers

We are in the infant stages of exploring this phenomenon and I am not ready yet to accept that we have all the answers. If we don't examine all facets of an anomaly that causes human anguish I don't know how it can be appropriately treated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates