Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 03:56 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times

Advertisements

You cannot quote anything from the United Nations, because the United Nations has a 3rd world agenda that permeates every aspect of its existence. All public releases from the United Nations are invalid and should be ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Aside from the fact that this comes from an obviously biased web site. What does this have to do with anything?
You mischaracterized our aid to Israel as "supporting their holy war with Palestine". I pointed out that Israel is not fighting a holy war with Palestine, and the evidence is that they employ them in droves. Israel is saving Palestinians, not warring with them. If Israel wanted to annihilate the Palestinians that would have happened a long time ago. They do not want that. They simply want to co-exist in peace. But that cannot be done when the leadership of the Palestinians has a written, stated, delineated, explicit goal, backed by irrational theocratic underpinnings, to destroy Israel utterly, completely, and permanently.

It was made clear by Yassir Arafat in this quote:

Quote:
We shall never stop until we can go back home and Israel is destroyed… The goal of our struggle is the end of Israel, and there can be no compromises or mediations… the goal of this violence is the elimination of Zionism from Palestine in all its political, economic and military aspects… We don’t want peace, we want victory. Peace for us means Israel’s destruction and nothing else.

Washington Post (29 March 1970)

This philosophy, backed by the insanity of the theocracy behind it, is what Israel is up against, and why our aid is crucial in keeping them around. The other countries in the Middle East feel the same way about Israel. And if they had their way, they would kill everyone and everything to achieve this goal. The only thing stopping it is naked power. The nuclear retaliatory capability of Israel, combined with the advanced military assistance of the United States.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:02 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You cannot quote anything from the United Nations, because the United Nations has a 3rd world agenda that permeates every aspect of its existence. All public releases from the United Nations are invalid and should be ignored.
Naturally it has a 3rd world agenda. There are more nations that are not in the first world and second world. Geez...why is that hard to comprehend.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You mischaracterized our aid to Israel as "supporting their holy war with Palestine". I pointed out that Israel is not fighting a holy war with Palestine, and the evidence is that they employ them in droves. Israel is saving Palestinians, not warring with them. If Israel wanted to annihilate the Palestinians that would have happened a long time ago. They do not want that. They simply want to co-exist in peace. But that cannot be done when the leadership of the Palestinians has a written, stated, delineated, explicit goal, backed by irrational theocratic underpinnings, to destroy Israel utterly, completely, and permanently.

It was made clear by Yassir Arafat in this quote:

This philosophy, backed by the insanity of the theocracy behind it, is what Israel is up against, and why our aid is crucial in keeping them around. The other countries in the Middle East feel the same way about Israel. And if they had their way, they would kill everyone and everything to achieve this goal. The only thing stopping it is naked power. The nuclear retaliatory capability of Israel, combined with the advanced military assistance of the United States.
Perhaps it would be good if you kept up on current events. Yassir Arafat has been dead for almost 14 years. You know...it's sort of like the uselessness of discussing current events and George Bush. It's like you guys can't get over Hillary.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Perhaps it would be good if you kept up on current events. Yassir Arafat has been dead for almost 14 years. You know...it's sort of like the uselessness of discussing current events and George Bush. It's like you guys can't get over Hillary.
People die, but the philosophy and attitude live on. That was the point. Hamas, which now runs the show, shared this philosophy and intent until very recently. In fact, only now has Hamas proposed a new charter that ever so slightly begins to soften their stance on the existence of Israel. But only slightly.

[quote]
“Hamas advocates the liberation of all of Palestine but is ready to support the state on 1967 borders without recognising Israel or ceding any rights,”
[quote]

A beginning, for sure, but kicking and screaming all the way. Why have they softened their stance? Because of finally realizing the futility of waiting for Israel and the United States to weaken their stance. In other words, the US military aid and strong posture of Israel have degraded their position to the point where they are now finally realizing that their irrational dreams of destruction are NOT GOING TO HAPPEN EVER.

So now maybe the 1967 borders are good enough according to Hamas.

So now we should keep up the pressure and keep the military aid flowing. In other words, don't let up. The same backing down will be seen in the other irrational actors. Especially in combination with their own populations rebelling internally. Which I predict will spread from Iran to other countries in the near future. Theocratic oppression and savagery is inherently unstable and will ultimately implode. And we can accelerate that process by staying strong and making sure they know they have no option to spread their nonsense and that their support of terror will not work.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:27 PM

[quote=Marc Paolella;50670811]People die, but the philosophy and attitude live on. That was the point. Hamas, which now runs the show, shared this philosophy and intent until very recently. In fact, only now has Hamas proposed a new charter that ever so slightly begins to soften their stance on the existence of Israel. But only slightly.

[quote]
“Hamas advocates the liberation of all of Palestine but is ready to support the state on 1967 borders without recognising Israel or ceding any rights,”
Quote:

A beginning, for sure, but kicking and screaming all the way. Why have they softened their stance? Because of finally realizing the futility of waiting for Israel and the United States to weaken their stance. In other words, the US military aid and strong posture of Israel have degraded their position to the point where they are now finally realizing that their irrational dreams of destruction are NOT GOING TO HAPPEN EVER.

So now maybe the 1967 borders are good enough according to Hamas.

So now we should keep up the pressure and keep the military aid flowing. In other words, don't let up. The same backing down will be seen in the other irrational actors. Especially in combination with their own populations rebelling internally. Which I predict will spread from Iran to other countries in the near future. Theocratic oppression and savagery is inherently unstable and will ultimately implode. And we can accelerate that process by staying strong and making sure they know they have no option to spread their nonsense and that their support of terror will not work.
Since you are so gung ho on all this, I have a concrete suggestion for you. Americans can (and do) join the Israeli Defense Forces. Did you know that? There's your opportunity to not be an arm chair general and to step right up and fight for the principles you are so eager to have other die for.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Naturally it has a 3rd world agenda. There are more nations that are not in the first world and second world. Geez...why is that hard to comprehend.
Which is why it should be ignored. The philosophy of international redistributive theft is not something I am going to tolerate. Which is why the Redistributive Paris Accords are garbage and we did the right thing in pulling out. Nothing to do with climate and everything to do with stealing money from the productive countries. And why? Because we have it, why else?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Which is why it should be ignored. The philosophy of international redistributive theft is not something I am going to tolerate. Which is why the Redistributive Paris Accords are garbage and we did the right thing in pulling out. Nothing to do with climate and everything to do with stealing money from the productive countries. And why? Because we have it, why else?
All people in the world have an equal right to representation in world bodies. Not just the big boys. You'd be surprised how much some of you folks on the tear sound like the bullies on the playground back in elementary school.

The U.N. cannot dictate any redistribution of wealth. Particularly when we can veto most things. So to listen to third world countries and their concerns shows that we actually realize what one of our own founding documents meant when it used phrases such as: "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind", "that all men are created equal", "repeated injuries and usurpations". Your type seems to forget that whole nations can be tyrannical not over just their own people, but also over other nations. And that shows a lack of principles.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Since you are so gung ho on all this, I have a concrete suggestion for you. Americans can (and do) join the Israeli Defense Forces. Did you know that? There's your opportunity to not be an arm chair general and to step right up and fight for the principles you are so eager to have other die for.

This is common, and illogical. Designing a national policy that includes the possibility of military action does not require the policy designers to actually do the fighting. That's what I pay my military to do. That's my contribution. I help to pay for the nukes, the MOABs, the AK-47s and the Walkie-Talkies. So I am doing my part. I trust my military to do an excellent job, as they have a superb resume.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
All people in the world have an equal right to representation in world bodies. Not just the big boys. You'd be surprised how much some of you folks on the tear sound like the bullies on the playground back in elementary school.

The U.N. cannot dictate any redistribution of wealth. Particularly when we can veto most things. So to listen to third world countries and their concerns shows that we actually realize what one of our own founding documents meant when it used phrases such as: "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind", "that all men are created equal", "repeated injuries and usurpations". Your type seems to forget that whole nations can be tyrannical not over just their own people, but also over other nations. And that shows a lack of principles.

We are already doing our job. Role modelling the correct way to live: Freedom. And role modelling the political and economic system of freedom: Capitalism. If the 3rd world want to become the 1st world, they need only follow our example and institute freedom, private property rights, individual rights, freedom of speech and expression, separation of religion and state, and a Capitalistic economy.

I would rather show others the correct way of doing things, rather than have me surrender my wealth as part of a U.N. social justice or equality initiative, which I view as theft.

Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish, you know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates