Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 01:20 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So where are the MEN saying their sentences are too long? Why don't you lead the rally to get men all riled up!? DO SOMETHING (MAN)! .....such a victim, he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm female. Nice try to defect though.
Ohhhh....you're one of the cool girls always working against herself and her gender...guys do love that. Or perhaps just good old self loathing at work - you tell me.

So anyway - you're the perfect woman to start the movementrather than ignoring everyone on here who also "wants justice to prevail" and not just make sure that evil women suffer their due. It does seem that you really just want women to wallow around and feel bad about all the choice stuff they get for just being women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 01:21 PM

36,549 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Women's rights groups crucified? Hardly.

Held on a pedestal, can do no wrong, always right, don't question us, we are right.

Don't support us? Well, you're a bigot/homophobe/racist/insert insult du jour.

The majority is NOT always right.

And examples of men's rights groups crucified?

Some of the early suffragettes were arrested and jailed, they were ridiculed, ostracized. Even in the 60' women's rights advocated were ridiculed. In Islamic countries today women are beaten, imprisoned and killed for suggesting rights.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:28 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sorry, but this is just not true. There have been many times in history that womens rights movements were vilified. The gay rights movement has been vilified. All rights movements have been vilified by some segment and sometimes even the majority for decades before they made any progress. What makes you believe that the rights you want are any different? Some will agree some will disagree, that's how it works.
Do you believe that the vilification of women's or LGBT is right or wrong?

Do you believe that the vilification of men's rights groups is right or wrong?

Old 04-06-2018, 01:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Do you believe that the vilification of women's or LGBT is right or wrong?

Do you believe that the vilification of men's rights groups is right or wrong?
It's neither right nor wrong, it's just human beings being human beings. If Bob doesn't agree with my position then either I can work to change his mind and get him on my side or I can scream and yell and accuse him of being a horrible person.

Which do you think would work out better for my movement?

Old 04-06-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
It's neither right nor wrong, it's just human beings being human beings. If Bob doesn't agree with my position then either I can work to change his mind and get him on my side or I can scream and yell and accuse him of being a horrible person.

Which do you think would work out better for my movement?
Seems to be working for the feminists. Look at the recent protests: disgusting sexually explicit signs, foul language, cursing, screeching so other people can't be heard, vagina hats, shutting down other events by pulling fire alarms and interfering with free speech ... all seem to be acceptable by the public.

Why is that? becuase they are women? I can't even IMAGINE if a men's rights group walked around with penis hats. They'd be arrested. No doubts about that. But for women, it's OK. Why?

Old 04-06-2018, 01:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Seems to be working for the feminists. Look at the recent protests: disgusting sexually explicit signs, foul language, cursing, screeching so other people can't be heard, vagina hats, shutting down other events by pulling fire alarms and interfering with free speech ... all seem to be acceptable by the public.

Why is that? becuase they are women? I can't even IMAGINE if a men's rights group walked around with penis hats. They'd be arrested. No doubts about that. But for women, it's OK. Why?
I get it you're mad that you can't get others to start and run with your movement and that people may not agree with you. You can either do something about it or complain about it. If women rights acivists never made a move because of what others thought, we would not have the right to vote today. Luckily they had the courage to stand up for what they saw was wrong and did something despite people villifing them, being imprisoned, and in some cases losing their children.

At least the women you mentioned had the guts to get up and do something besides talk about it. They have courage to make a move regardless of what others think about their actions.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
For the same crime, women have fewer charges and lighter sentences. Men have more charges and longer sentences.

You view same crime/same time as punitive? How?

Men are not arguing *against* women. Not even close.

But women are arguing against men, patriarchy, male privlege, etc. If you're a man just shut UP.
Women are not always charged less or given lighter sentences. You are advocating for harsher sentencing for women instead of less for men or a standard sentencing regardless of gender, race or income.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:

What would you have the public do. Shoot them.
All that was not acceptable to everyone. They received lots of criticism and ridicule.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:27 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Women are not always charged less or given lighter sentences. You are advocating for harsher sentencing for women instead of less for men or a standard sentencing regardless of gender, race or income.
Overall, women are given more leniency in the criminal justice system.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I get it you're mad that you can't get others to start and run with your movement and that people may not agree with you. You can either do something about it or complain about it. If women rights acivists never made a move because of what others thought, we would not have the right to vote today. Luckily they had the courage to stand up for what they saw was wrong and did something despite people villifing them, being imprisoned, and in some cases losing their children.

At least the women you mentioned had the guts to get up and do something besides talk about it. They have courage to make a move regardless of what others think about their actions.
No not mad at all. You are pushing your interpretation because you THINK I should be mad. I mean, I have to be angry and hateful, right? Fits your PERCEPTION of me.

You would do well to leave emotion and assumption out of the discussion. Just having a discussion about hypocrisy.

And I don't consider wearing a vagina on my head while screaming F**K OFF to people who disagree with me "doing something." Good grief. Aside from the fact that women in this country are not oppressed today. At all. I can do ANYTHING I want to. I can vote, drive, work, go to college, have a bank account, own property, own a business, get credit, get a mortgage, have a child, get married, and move around freely. The only person holding me back is me.

I am not a victim because I have a vagina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates