Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,962,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
But see, there's the rub. Women should be giving and sacrifice themselves - any benefits coming to them should be demurely refused as they are not really worthy to receive it anyway. Why should they look out for themselves? Isn't that why there are men around to help them?
Then don't complain when others also benefit. That's the hypocrisy in action. Benefits men = bad, benefits women = good.

If women get to benefit by being treated better than men, then men should also benefit by being treated better than women.

Cue the feminists yelling privilege and patriarchy and other nonsense.

Women are strong women when it benefits them ... and weak women when it benefits them.

Which translates into: All the rights, none of the responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 09:48 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then don't complain when others also benefit. That's the hypocrisy in action. Benefits men = bad, benefits women = good.

If women get to benefit by being treated better than men, then men should also benefit by being treated better than women.

Cue the feminists yelling privilege and patriarchy and other nonsense.

Women are strong women when it benefits them ... and weak women when it benefits them.

Which translates into: All the rights, none of the responsibility.
No one (except maybe you) is complaining when others benefit also. Everyone is advocating for equality and justice.

There is a difference in benefiting and benefiting at the expense of others. When women, the wealthy or white men receive lighter sentences, although its not right, they don't do so at the expense of someone else.

Are you actually expecting someone who benefits due to gender, race, financial status, etc. to refuse their benefit? You never said what it is you believe should be done about this.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,799,368 times
Women are usually led into committing crimes by their boyfriends. Except things like embezzling, which seems to be a women's field of expertise. So if it's drugs, theft, that kind of stuff they should get some slack.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one (except maybe you) is complaining when others benefit also. Everyone is advocating for equality and justice.

There is a difference in benefiting and benefiting at the expense of others. When women, the wealthy or white men receive lighter sentences, although its not right, they don't do so at the expense of someone else.

Are you actually expecting someone who benefits due to gender, race, financial status, etc. to refuse their benefit? You never said what it is you believe should be done about this.
I'm not suggesting any solutions.

What I am saying is that men are crucified if the receive any sort of benefit related to how others perceive them to the point of a host of regulations set in place to ensure it doesn't happen as well as lowasuits against them if it does happen.

Yet there is a clear bias of women benefitting from lighter sentences simply because they are women,
and the response is:

Well, that's OK
Why would women want to lose that benefit?
Why would any women fight for an equal sentence?
Males aren't giving up their *privilege* (and I still have not idea what privilege means in a realistic, quantifiable measurement)

Yet there are men every day joined in the fight for "women's rights, " to the point that they are wearing pink p--sy hats ... and that's an EXPECTED support.

But no support for ensuring EQUALITY in sentencing because ...

WHY?

Why hasn't anyone said:

Yeah, you know what? It's not equal. And that's wrong. Women have been demanding equal treatment, and that should also extend to the criminal justice system.

But there's been lots of blame (judgesjurieslawyers) but NO sense that it is an issue. Why? Because women are benefiting.

Which circles back to today's feminism: Women want MORE not equal.

Let's time travel: If this information were perceived through someone living in the 1980s feminist movement, you know what the response would be? Women supporting lighter sentences for men. Women appalled that men are being incarcerated more often and with harsher sentences than women.

Women during that time would be genuinely UPSET by this.

Today's feminists? A shrug, meh, doesn't matter, can't do anything. Women can't do ANYTHING about it (poor victim/weak women role here).

It's hypocrisy and the weak victim role all at once for today's feminist worldview.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
I'm not suggesting any solutions.

What I am saying is that men are crucified if the receive any sort of benefit related to how others perceive them to the point of a host of regulations set in place to ensure it doesn't happen as well as lowasuits against them if it does happen.

Yet there is a clear bias of women benefitting from lighter sentences simply because they are women,
and the response is:

Well, that's OK
Why would women want to lose that benefit?
Why would any women fight for an equal sentence?
Males aren't giving up their *privilege* (and I still have not idea what privilege means in a realistic, quantifiable measurement)

Yet there are men every day joined in the fight for "women's rights, " to the point that they are wearing pink p--sy hats ... and that's an EXPECTED support.

But no support for ensuring EQUALITY in sentencing because ...

WHY?

Why hasn't anyone said:

Yeah, you know what? It's not equal. And that's wrong. Women have been demanding equal treatment, and that should also extend to the criminal justice system.

But there's been lots of blame (judgesjurieslawyers) but NO sense that it is an issue. Why? Because women are benefiting.

Which circles back to today's feminism: Women want MORE not equal.

Let's time travel: If this information were perceived through someone living in the 1980s feminist movement, you know what the response would be? Women supporting lighter sentences for men. Women appalled that men are being incarcerated more often and with harsher sentences than women.

Women during that time would be genuinely UPSET by this.

Today's feminists? A shrug, meh, doesn't matter, can't do anything. Women can't do ANYTHING about it (poor victim/weak women role here).

It's hypocrisy and the weak victim role all at once for today's feminist worldview.
Here's the thing women were, and still are, discriminated against in some areas. To stop this women got together to fight against this discrimination some men joined the fight, but in most cases it wasn't men who started the movements. You seem to be wanting women to not only fight for your cause, but actually lead the charge. That's not how this works.

If you were to start a movement I'm sure that you would have many women join you as we have sons, brothers, fathers, ad husbands that we want treated equally. But you aren't going to gain many supporters by ranting against women because they are not starting the fight for you.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Here's the thing women were, and still are, discriminated against in some areas. To stop this women got together to fight against this discrimination some men joined the fight, but in most cases it wasn't men who started the movements. You seem to be wanting women to not only fight for your cause, but actually lead the charge. That's not how this works.

If you were to start a movement I'm sure that you would have many women join you as we have sons, brothers, fathers, ad husbands that we want treated equally. But you aren't going to gain many supporters by ranting against women because they are not starting the fight for you.
So your response is that because women are discriminated against, it is OK for men to be discriminated against?

I'm not looking for anyone to lead any cause.

I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of today's feminist movement. Which no one seems to CHOOSE to acknowledge, and in fact are chucking every possible excuse to avoid acknowledging that it is hypocritical, that women do in fact benefit from being women, and that they really don't want FULL equality.

They don't want equal. They want MORE.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
So your response is that because women are discriminated against, it is OK for men to be discriminated against?

I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of today's feminist movement. Which no one seems to CHOOSE to acknowledge, and in fact are chucking every possible excuse to avoid acknowledging that it is hypocritical, that women do in fact benefit from being women, and that they really don't want FULL equality.

No, I am pointing out that WOMEN got together to fight against discrimination, they didn't wait for men to do it for them. Of course some men joined the fight, but I can't think of one womens issue that men started the fight for. If you want to fight the injustices in the criminal justice system against men, then men should start that fight, not rail against women for not doing it for them. I'm sure many feminists, like myself, would join that fight because we have fathers, brothers, sons, or husbands that we feel should be treated equally.

If you aren't looking for someone to lead a cause, what are you looking for? For the system to magically be equal? That doesn't happen, people fight to be treated equally.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Women are usually led into committing crimes by their boyfriends. Except things like embezzling, which seems to be a women's field of expertise. So if it's drugs, theft, that kind of stuff they should get some slack.
meh, a lot of people are led into committing crimes, its not just women. Sometimes it is women who dupe men into doing their dirty work for them.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:

Oh good lord!
NO.
If you, a man, are being discriminated against it is up to you as men to fight your battles, at the very least organize and lead your battles. Is that sooooo hard to understand.

You are definitely looking for someone else to lead your cause. You keep harping that women are not demanding harsher punishments because men are biased against men and sometimes give women lighter sentences.

Having equal legal representation and equal social opportunities is not the same as eliminating biases.
No feminist ever believed that everything in life could be equal and fair.
It is not wanting more to not be aware, play caped crusader and stomp out ever single individual bias in the world.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, I am pointing out that WOMEN got together to fight against discrimination, they didn't wait for men to do it for them. Of course some men joined the fight, but I can't think of one womens issue that men started the fight for. If you want to fight the injustices in the criminal justice system against men, then men should start that fight, not rail against women for not doing it for them. I'm sure many feminists, like myself, would join that fight because we have fathers, brothers, sons, or husbands that we feel should be treated equally.

If you aren't looking for someone to lead a cause, what are you looking for? For the system to magically be equal? That doesn't happen, people fight to be treated equally.
You honestly believe that today's feminists would really support an issue where it is pointed out that discrimination results in a benefit for them?

Never gonna happen.

Any male rights group that takes this on will be crucified in the press. Absolutely destroyed in the MSM. No neo-feminist would ever support a man who points out that he received a harsher sentence than a woman, and that it is unfair and unequal. The response would be: Too bad for you. No sympathy.

Again, I was hoping people would ACKNOWLEDGE the inherent hypocrisy.

Apparently that's too much to expect? /shrug/. Doesn't surprise me at all, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates