Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 09:17 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,408,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
You don't cite to a single article or source.

Possibly a handful of people in MN committed voter fraud. That kind of thing occasionally happens. Widespread voter fraud? No.

Saying "its been in our newspapers and public radio" doesn't cut it. We want the date, newspaper, name of article etc. You can look up old stories on national public radio. I've done it. Apparently, you either won't take the time or can't find it.

These allegations have been made by conservatives for years, but there is no substance to them when you drill down on them--other than to possibly point to a handful of instances where one or two people voted twice or such.

Sorry, your post doesn't pass the smell test. Claiming that the system is rife with voting fraud is quite an accusation. Its akin to accusing someone of being dishonest and a cheat. It should hardly surprise you that people ask for proof. If you can't provide it....well....you look pretty ridiculous.
I can cite multiple sources as I've said. it isn't hard to find them with CBS, MPR, MN Supreme Court searches. I'm not willing to take the time only to have you switch the argument to "It's not enough to make a difference." (Remember Al Franken?) Or to call them mistakes and not fraud. That has been used as a way all over the country to disguise fraud.

Here in MN we haven't been asking for ID or residence. Didn't you read that?

We bring busloads of people with learning and mental health problems to the polls. Don't you wonder how they make their decisions? Having worked with them I know I certainly do. (You assume I'm a conservative. But I'm a concerned voter. Concerned about honest process and you should be too. Instead of denying you should be willing to see facts where they exist and want proper changes.) Or is all you care about is your "side" winning no matter what? Poor values, that. . .

And I haven't even talked about the public assistance voter fraud that is currently rampant as people are creating non-existent child care businesses. And pretending to take care of deceased or non-existent disabled people. That can also be documented in a shocking and out-of-character MPR program. If you're interested I'd suggest you look it up. It's our money that's being misused, after all. Yours too, unless you are a bottom feeder.

You really haven't been reading me carefully and apparently you are accustomed to insult people you have discussions with. Tsk. To call someone you don't know a liar without you checking sources is on you. They are there and you don't need dates and times to find them.

But all you really have to refer to is this article to see that the State is refusing to turn over the documents that would prove voter fraud is nearly nonexistent in MN. That will tell you all you need to know. Bottom line is MN doesn't seem to want to prove to the higher courts there is no voter fraud.

http://https://blogs.mprnews.org/new...SAAEgILC_D_BwE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 04:38 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,659,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I can cite multiple sources as I've said. it isn't hard to find them with CBS, MPR, MN Supreme Court searches. I'm not willing to take the time only to have you switch the argument to "It's not enough to make a difference." (Remember Al Franken?) Or to call them mistakes and not fraud. That has been used as a way all over the country to disguise fraud.

We bring busloads of people with learning and mental health problems to the polls. Don't you wonder how they make their decisions? Having worked with them I know I certainly do. (You assume I'm a conservative. But I'm a concerned voter. Concerned about honest process and you should be too. Instead of denying you should be willing to see facts where they exist and want proper changes.) Or is all you care about is your "side" winning no matter what? Poor values, that. . .

And I haven't even talked about the public assistance voter fraud that is currently rampant as people are creating non-existent child care businesses. And pretending to take care of deceased or non-existent disabled people. That can also be documented in a shocking and out-of-character MPR program. If you're interested I'd suggest you look it up. It's our money that's being misused, after all. Yours too, unless you are a bottom feeder.

You really haven't been reading me carefully and apparently you are accustomed to insult people you have discussions with. Tsk. To call someone you don't know a liar without you checking sources is on you. They are there and you don't need dates and times to find them.

But all you really have to refer to is this article to see that the State is refusing to turn over the documents that would prove voter fraud is nearly nonexistent in MN. That will tell you all you need to know. Bottom line is MN doesn't seem to want to prove to the higher courts there is no voter fraud.

If your source is from a blog, you lost all credibility. Besides it’s not available, an indication it was removed for being false info.

Hennepin County ballot scandal*
Freeman said that once his office started investigating, they found many names submitted by McGrath from the 2008 election to be incorrect. Ultimately, the county charged 38 felons who voted before their rights were restored -- less than 1/100th of 1 percent of the roughly 665,000 votes cast.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:14 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post

The one link you cited doesn't work. I would like to see some more of these "multiple links".

Old 04-19-2020, 09:01 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,731,192 times
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/polit...lly/index.html

Trump's ratings have dropped significantly since the Pandemic.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:07 AM

6,700 posts, read 5,926,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/polit...lly/index.html

Trump's ratings have dropped significantly since the Pandemic.
CNN is always going to paint Trump in the worst possible light. I wouldn't put much stock in what they say.

That said, I agree, it looks like the approval ratings are generally dropping, as this thing drags on. Typical curve, country rallies around the leader, then goes back to same-old-same-old. Same happened with G.W. Bush after 9/11 (his big mistake was invading Iraq which killed his popularity, though he nonetheless did get reelected).

Old 04-19-2020, 09:53 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,704,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
CNN is always going to paint Trump in the worst possible light. I wouldn't put much stock in what they say.
Uh huh...

Let's see, in the article you dismiss, CNN accurately reports that Trump's poll ratings are falling. So... you don't like CNN, so CNN's reporting of Gallup's numbers (and aggregated numbers in general) have to be ignored?

By the way, the aggregater CNN references is 538. You know, one of the only sites to give Trump any real chance of winning in 2016? 538 includes in their aggregation Rasmussen, probably the biggest Trump-fluffer among pollsters. Rasmussen also shows that Trump's rally-round-the-flag bump has completely eroded.

But since CNN reports it, it must be ignored! Right?

Even Trump's propaganda wing admits the drop.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ll-coronavirus

Fox! Liberals/never-Trumpers, fake news! Right? LOL

Quote:
That said, I agree, it looks like the approval ratings are generally dropping, as this thing drags on. Typical curve, country rallies around the leader, then goes back to same-old-same-old. Same happened with G.W. Bush after 9/11 (his big mistake was invading Iraq which killed his popularity, though he nonetheless did get reelected).
Hilarious!

Before 9/11, Bush's approval rating was about 50%. Post-attack, it spiked to 85-90%. It took a full two years for Bush's approval rating to finally fall back to pre-attack levels. Meanwhile, you try to compare that to Trump, whose bump was just a few percentage points and lasted less than a month.

You're right in that the comparison is useful. But you completely miss the point that Trump's bounce is amazingly miniscule and fleeting by historical standards.

Last edited by 2x3x29x41; 04-19-2020 at 10:06 AM..

Old 04-19-2020, 10:54 AM

6,700 posts, read 5,926,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Uh huh...

Let's see, in the article you dismiss, CNN accurately reports that Trump's poll ratings are falling. So... you don't like CNN, so CNN's reporting of Gallup's numbers (and aggregated numbers in general) have to be ignored?

By the way, the aggregater CNN references is 538. You know, one of the only sites to give Trump any real chance of winning in 2016? 538 includes in their aggregation Rasmussen, probably the biggest Trump-fluffer among pollsters. Rasmussen also shows that Trump's rally-round-the-flag bump has completely eroded.

But since CNN reports it, it must be ignored! Right?

Even Trump's propaganda wing admits the drop.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ll-coronavirus

Fox! Liberals/never-Trumpers, fake news! Right? LOL

Hilarious!
No, my post was excellent. Your post was hilarious.

Quote:
Before 9/11, Bush's approval rating was about 50%. Post-attack, it spiked to 85-90%. It took a full two years for Bush's approval rating to finally fall back to pre-attack levels. Meanwhile, you try to compare that to Trump, whose bump was just a few percentage points and lasted less than a month.

You're right in that the comparison is useful. But you completely miss the point that Trump's bounce is amazingly miniscule and fleeting by historical standards.
Trump's more controversial than even W. was, but that doesn't mean he's losing reelection. Even if the Dems put a credible candidate up against him... say, Cuomo... Trump will stomp them.

Doesn't matter if you love him or hate him. He's smart, tough, stubborn, and can't be bought. What's more, he's become increasingly popular among the Black community and Hispanics. They're being very quiet about it, because they don't want to rock the boat, but when they go into the voting booths, another 5% or 10% of them are going to vote Trump, which will kill the Democrats.

Anyway, polls, shmolls.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Lightbulb Why do Democrats win major towns even in deep red states? Why can't Republicans?

Because they've focused their agenda at a shrinking demographic. One that's aging and going the way of the dodo bird. 35 years ago, they decided to embrace the lunatic religious fringe. Now, they can't break free and they offer nothing of interest to anyone else but their precious 1%, who continue to profit from the insane "trickle-down" hoax.

Their embrace of an ignorant demagogue isn't helping.

Old 04-19-2020, 01:37 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,595,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Because they've focused their agenda at a shrinking demographic. One that's aging and going the way of the dodo bird. 35 years ago, they decided to embrace the lunatic religious fringe. Now, they can't break free and they offer nothing of interest to anyone else but their precious 1%, who continue to profit from the insane "trickle-down" hoax.

Their embrace of an ignorant demagogue isn't helping.

You guys have been saying this for YEARS and it never actually happened. People were celebrating in 2008 that the GOP was officially dead, but 8 years later Donald Trump of all people was elected president.

The Democratic party probably could be stronger, but they spend too much time appealing to the far left fringe and it turns off a lot of middle of the road people. If the GOP weren't tainted by Trump and his ilk +disappointing fake conservatives, they'd probably be unstoppable right now.

Old 04-19-2020, 01:42 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,731,192 times
Quote:
No, my post was excellent. Your post was hilarious.

Trump's more controversial than even W. was, but that doesn't mean he's losing reelection. Even if the Dems put a credible candidate up against him... say, Cuomo... Trump will stomp them.

Doesn't matter if you love him or hate him. He's smart, tough, stubborn, and can't be bought. What's more, he's become increasingly popular among the Black community and Hispanics. They're being very quiet about it, because they don't want to rock the boat, but when they go into the voting booths, another 5% or 10% of them are going to vote Trump, which will kill the Democrats.

Anyway, polls, shmolls.

Thanks for making me laugh today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates