Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 09:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Most violent crime is segmented by ethnicity. Why does it matter in the context of this discussion?

Have you seen the white on white crime in Orange County?

You still haven’t explained to me why police need to treat black criminals worse than white criminals. By your logic, police in Chicago should be hard on black people and police in North Dakota should be hard on white people, but we both know that’s not how it works.
Historically speaking...they are scared certain minorities will take over certain jobs/industries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 07:20 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Well, that was easily the most racist thing I’ve read in a while. Congrats! Completely ignoring all the videos of white people looting I guess?

Why is it racist? I'm not ignoring anything.

Think about what is going on. The majority of the people that live in the areas that are getting ransacked are black. They are black neighborhoods. Yes there are white idiots involved too but most of them are coming in. They might even have their parents drive them like they are being dropped off at the mall...

The riots and looting have over flowed out of the hoods and into the down towns.

I saw a video yesterday where 2 white girls dressed in all black (antifa?) were spray painting the front of a Starbucks and a older black woman was getting mad at them, pleading for them to stop and asking them why? because it was in her neighborhood and her people would be blamed for the damage.

It is largely the black communities that are being destroyed by these protests and white people are coming in to "help". The problem is the white kids can go home and the black folk are left with the mess and the blame.

What is the answer to all this?

I think all the white cops in these troubled cities should be put on desk duty and nothing but black cops should be allowed to patrol the dangerous crime ridden sections of the cities. If we have a a case of Police brutality or a black suspect is shot by the black cop there can be no claims of racism... Right???

Old 06-10-2020, 07:29 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why is it racist? I'm not ignoring anything.

Think about what is going on. The majority of the people that live in the areas that are getting ransacked are black. They are black neighborhoods. Yes there are white idiots involved too but most of them are coming in. They might even have their parents drive them like they are being dropped off at the mall...

The riots and looting have over flowed out of the hoods and into the down towns.

I saw a video yesterday where 2 white girls dressed in all black (antifa?) were spray painting the front of a Starbucks and a older black woman was getting mad at them, pleading for them to stop and asking them why? because it was in her neighborhood and her people would be blamed for the damage.

It is largely the black communities that are being destroyed by these protests and white people are coming in to "help". The problem is the white kids can go home and the black folk are left with the mess and the blame.

What is the answer to all this?

I think all the white cops in these troubled cities should be put on desk duty and nothing but black cops should be allowed to patrol the dangerous crime ridden sections of the cities. If we have a a case of Police brutality or a black suspect is shot by the black cop there can be no claims of racism... Right???
Great plan!! I think you’ve got it all figured out.

Wait.....How are you going to get all the black people to stay in the black areas so they don’t have to interact with white people? Hmmmmm

I know! Let’s make separate stuff for them. It can be separate, but equal! This should solve all of our problems.

Good talk.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:55 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
.....I know! Let’s make separate stuff for them. It can be separate, but equal! This should solve all of our problems.

Good talk.
In case you've been asleep since the 60s, or weren't even born at that time, that's EXACTLY what the black "leaders" were preaching, wall to wall....being separate but equal. Don't believe me? Get out a history book, as I was there, and remember it well!!

Old 06-10-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
In case you've been asleep since the 60s, or weren't even born at that time, that's EXACTLY what the black "leaders" were preaching, wall to wall....being separate but equal. Don't believe me? Get out a history book, as I was there, and remember it well!!
I think we had a Supreme Court case about this in 1954.

Old 06-10-2020, 02:00 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,726 times
Quote:

And let’s take this a step further, even if this is the case after controlling for all other variables, does that mean that the police should treat unknown black people different than unknown white people?

Hey, good deflection. I'm reading really hard trying to see where anyone said that the police "should" treat unknown black people differently than unknown white people.

You know what's cool? Follow along here. It's possible for someone to be angry at the abhorrent actions by incompetent/racist police officers in this country AND realize their is a disproportionate number of violent crimes perpetrated by/against young black males in this country. Have you lived here longer than 12 days?

WAIT! Before you say "raaaaacisssst!" think more than 6 seconds about the concept that was pointed out and put your pandering aside and realize that if we are to have true, open, honest dialog in this country about racial tension and injustice, let's open the gates and stop being so offended! Offense is literally destroying personal, moral autonomy in this nation. The opinion that YOU feel is morally right - brace yourself - may not be the same as the next guy. Should he be punished for thinking differently or having different core values? Maybe the better question is - should you?

Old 06-10-2020, 03:15 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
The unions are the only thing protecting good police officers from a vengeful public.

Suppose you stop someone for speeding and it turns out to be a city council member who has some authority over the local PD. They can ruin your career. The union however will stand up for you.

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of such incidents every year. You can see lots of them on Youtube.

I'm not saying all cops are angels; far from it. They have their share of corruption, dirty cops on the take, etc.

The problem is, you can't distinguish between the good ones and the bad ones, and the good ones can end up taking abuse unfairly. People who are putting their lives on the line deserve to be treated well.

Unions protect police & firefighters from politicians. Without it, a political appointee commissioner can make everyone's life hell. With a union, the police have a voice and can stand up to crooked politicians and their creatures.

I'm generally opposed to public unions, but in this particular case, there's some good reasons they exist.
Thanks for the informative post. I hadn't thought about those issues.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:03 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Quote:
Then what are you saying? You haven’t made a position other than annoyance with the protests clear to me.

I don't have to appease you.

I'll say what I want on here.

The protesters are losers, with no jobs, all stupid young people. All think they're owed something.

Their goal is to be SJWs, but it's cool to loot and rob people.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

The protesters are losers, with no jobs, all stupid young people. All think they're owed something.

This is factually inaccurate, but I’m sure that doesn’t matter as long as you’ve got your narrative.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:24 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,116,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

I respect your opinion, however, this looks like something my 9 year old nephew would write as a rebuttal. What makes you think nobody has a job? Are you aware most non-essential jobs are closed and majority of Americans are "jobless"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates