Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 05:31 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,362,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
All "AntiFa" means is "Anti-Fascist" - It's an ideology, not a fraternal organization, or a political club.
It began in Nazi Germany, Spain, and Italy when fascism began to rise in the thirties and forties.

Unlike the Klan, they don't have Klaverns, pay dues, or support a political party.

Remember in our country when everyone hated Nazis? I do.

Good times...

To be AntFa, one only needs to disdain fascists. I do disdain fascists. So I am AntiFa.

Very simple stuff.
Yet, Antifa is as fascist as it gets. They shut down and try to harm anyone that they do not agree with. So, Antifa should just be called Tifa. Or actually, just a bunch of morons with no purpose on this planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 06:04 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
I respect your opinion, however, this looks like something my 9 year old nephew would write as a rebuttal. What makes you think nobody has a job? Are you aware most non-essential jobs are closed and majority of Americans are "jobless"?
Yes but those people are all mostly Bernie Bros too, at least service industry people like restaurants. This whole thing is right up their alley.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
This is factually inaccurate, but I’m sure that doesn’t matter as long as you’ve got your narrative.
Welllp it got me a bunch of reps so people do agree with what I'm saying.

(I don't need rep points to know that, but yeah)

Old 06-10-2020, 06:21 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,569,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Welllp it got me a bunch of reps so people do agree with what I'm saying.

(I don't need rep points to know that, but yeah)
Lying gets reps. Good to know.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Lying gets reps. Good to know.
Get over yourself.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:44 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,943,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I saw a video yesterday where 2 white girls dressed in all black (antifa?) were spray painting the front of a Starbucks and a older black woman was getting mad at them, pleading for them to stop and asking them why? because it was in her neighborhood and her people would be blamed for the damage.

It is largely the black communities that are being destroyed by these protests and white people are coming in to "help". The problem is the white kids can go home and the black folk are left with the mess and the blame.
Good point. There are lots of black people, probably the majority in fact, who are opposed to these riots which are destroying their communities and harming relations with non-blacks.

People who have worked hard for years to build relationships between the black community and the local police are watching it all go up in flames.

I've run into a few black folks at the store, on the running path, etc., who seem to be going out of their way to say hello, be extra polite etc. It's as though they're trying to say, "I'm not one of them. I don't hate you!"

I believe once this blows over, the country will be back on an even keel. At some point, these mayors, city councils, and governors will be held to account for ignoring or even encouraging the violence.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:10 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Good point. There are lots of black people, probably the majority in fact, who are opposed to these riots which are destroying their communities and harming relations with non-blacks.

People who have worked hard for years to build relationships between the black community and the local police are watching it all go up in flames.

I've run into a few black folks at the store, on the running path, etc., who seem to be going out of their way to say hello, be extra polite etc. It's as though they're trying to say, "I'm not one of them. I don't hate you!"

I believe once this blows over, the country will be back on an even keel. At some point, these mayors, city councils, and governors will be held to account for ignoring or even encouraging the violence.

The rioting looters are hurting the black community the most and that is really sad. They are looting and burning black owned businesses. What is the mom or grandmother to do when the local store is gone and the buses are not running because of the violence? Where do they get the basics?

We all saw the video of Floyd being murdered and we all agreed that something needed to be done to remove bad cops and we all recognized that the black community is often treated differently by the cops than the white community but when we see a bunch of fools acting like animals and rioting the sympathy we once felt quickly melts away.

We can all wish that our elected that are giving the looters a pass, room to destroy and encouraging them will face consequences for this but short of the mob bringing some karma to their front door the only way to send them a message is to vote them out and given that much of the violence is happening in cities that have been run by Democrats for years if not decades I doubt that will happen.

The violent protests and the latest tearing down of statues does nothing to promote real change but it is certainly dividing us more not along the white/black lines of race but lines of common sense and stupidity.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:09 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,569,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Get over yourself.
My reputation to posts ratio is better than yours. I’ll continue telling the truth, you continue lying. We’ll see who comes out ahead.

Old 06-11-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
My reputation to posts ratio is better than yours. I’ll continue telling the truth, you continue lying. We’ll see who comes out ahead.
My car is faster than yours!

Sure. We’ll see on November 3rd.

Protesters are usually losers with no jobs, most of the time.

Throw out job applications and they’ll disburse fast.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:02 PM

6,465 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The rioting looters are hurting the black community the most and that is really sad. They are looting and burning black owned businesses. What is the mom or grandmother to do when the local store is gone and the buses are not running because of the violence? Where do they get the basics?

We all saw the video of Floyd being murdered and we all agreed that something needed to be done to remove bad cops and we all recognized that the black community is often treated differently by the cops than the white community
but when we see a bunch of fools acting like animals and rioting the sympathy we once felt quickly melts away.

We can all wish that our elected that are giving the looters a pass, room to destroy and encouraging them will face consequences for this but short of the mob bringing some karma to their front door the only way to send them a message is to vote them out and given that much of the violence is happening in cities that have been run by Democrats for years if not decades I doubt that will happen.

The violent protests and the latest tearing down of statues does nothing to promote real change but it is certainly dividing us more not along the white/black lines of race but lines of common sense and stupidity.
I agree.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates