Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 08:17 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
You took the words out of my mouth. It's no secret Brady has been on a decline, simply due to age. That's not to say he's trash, just that "that's life". Even as a Pats fan, I would hate to see him have a bad year and then have people say "welp that proves BB was the reason for Brady's success". Brady deserves better than that and I wish him nothing but success in Tampa Bay.

Back to the OP's question, it's kind of like a marriage. Apart, both people can be good, but together they can be great. I think that the intangible here is that these two have had 20 years together and I can guarantee after 20 years each always knew what the other was thinking. 20 years is a L-O-N-G time.

Agree. The timing of this question isn't really good. It would be a great question and endless debate if the question was asked when Brady was in his prime.

Right now, I would definitely take Belichick. Brady is an older QB. Not to say he isn't still good, but over the last few years, you can clearly see his decline from when he was at his peak. And at 42, he doesn't have a whole lot left.

Belichick can make the playoffs pretty easily, given the weak division the Pats are in. And if you get to the playoffs, who knows what can happen. I feel like even coaches can get stale though. I'm not sure that Belichick is really the "genius" coach he was in his prime. When you've been around as long as him, the league starts to know you, so it's a little hard to keep that up.

Again, I think this will be a great question looking back on both of their careers (especially when they were in their primes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 03:16 PM

6,098 posts, read 3,338,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. The timing of this question isn't really good. It would be a great question and endless debate if the question was asked when Brady was in his prime.

Right now, I would definitely take Belichick. Brady is an older QB. Not to say he isn't still good, but over the last few years, you can clearly see his decline from when he was at his peak. And at 42, he doesn't have a whole lot left.

Belichick can make the playoffs pretty easily, given the weak division the Pats are in. And if you get to the playoffs, who knows what can happen. I feel like even coaches can get stale though. I'm not sure that Belichick is really the "genius" coach he was in his prime. When you've been around as long as him, the league starts to know you, so it's a little hard to keep that up.

Again, I think this will be a great question looking back on both of their careers (especially when they were in their primes).
I think the Patriots division is tougher than the Bucs division. Mainly because Buffalo is really good and New Orleans has regressed. The Falcons, Panthers, Dolphins, and Jets are all below average.

It’s a long season and anything can happen, but so far, both the Patriots and Bucs look very strong.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:24 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I think the Patriots division is tougher than the Bucs division. Mainly because Buffalo is really good and New Orleans has regressed. The Falcons, Panthers, Dolphins, and Jets are all below average.

It’s a long season and anything can happen, but so far, both the Patriots and Bucs look very strong.

The Patriots and Belichick are in for a real test this Sunday when they face the powerhouse Kansas City.

Brady has been making some incredible throws with Bucaneers but the question is was he doing the same with the Patriots but his receivers were missing?

Both Belichick and Brady have something to prove and they will do their best to be on top.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:20 AM

88 posts, read 86,803 times
Have a sneaky feeling that the Pats are going to upset the chiefs.
Cam has to be on his game though,they'll need more than the running game to beat the Chiefs

Old 10-03-2020, 06:26 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Belichick had Brady for 20 years. There has never been a player that Belichick stuck with for anywhere near that amount of time. He knows he had the g.o.a.t.

That being said, Belichick is the greatest coach of all time in all of sports, not just football.

The g.o.a.t. coach along with the g.o.a.t. QB.

Man were we lucky! It's gotten to the point that I felt the Lombardi was ours and to see another team with it felt like it had been stolen.

Old 10-25-2020, 06:38 PM

6,098 posts, read 3,338,430 times
This debate is now over. Belichek’s legacy will take a bit of a hit, while Brady might even win a Super Bowl this year.

Game, set, and match to Brady. It’s now clear Mr Kraft should’ve given Tom whatever he wanted.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:33 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,874,153 times
Quote:
This debate is now over. Belichek’s legacy will take a bit of a hit, while Brady might even win a Super Bowl this year.

Game, set, and match to Brady. It’s now clear Mr Kraft should’ve given Tom whatever he wanted.
I'm sorry to hear the debate is over. This sports debate topic was refreshingly different for this forum!

Old 10-25-2020, 08:47 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Quote:

The same can be said for the Pats. There's a great deal of game to play fella. You're tad premature with your assertion.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:03 AM

5,328 posts, read 3,210,678 times
Quote:

The flip side of that argument could easily have been what if Brady was cut earlier and Garoppolo was sufficiently groomed and had the Patriots of the last few years?

I still wish Brady well and hope he does get another SB ring if the Pats can't. Tampa Bay has shown it's serious and willing to do what it takes to win and with a leader like Brady they probably can.

I don't put much stock into this strange Patriots season of illness, opt outs, etc. all in the middle of "rebuilding". It is what it is. I still hold both as the GOAT in their respective fields and don't think one bad season makes or breaks either one.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:05 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Well the Patriots looked terrible yesterday against the 49'ers. They played poorly on both sides of the ball and could not execute. The game wasn't even close.

The debate is not finished but the Patriots under Belichick are trending down with some wondering if they will even make the playoffs while Brady and the Bucaneers are moving forward and looking better and better.

I still think that the Patriots success over the last 2 decades was a result of both Brady and Belichick but time will tell of one can outshine the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates