Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times

Advertisements

Wrong. The hatred of gays is covert and subconscious. People don't realize they hold negative and oppressive beliefs about gays. Their superiority is what gay people do not like.

A poster on this thread said she doesn't agree with the lifestyle and thinks it is a sin to act out on it. So if I want to make out with a dude I like and caress and hold him and say loving things to him I know some superior Christian is looking down on me and judging my lifestyle. Process that information for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Gah Here it is again No, the-Boohoo-woe-is-me attitude mixed with Hey look at me everybody! I'm gay! Do you hate me? in your face crap is what most people hate. I have gay friends who don't do that and I'm fine with them. Not with being gay but we have an understanding there, I don't discuss my sex life with them and they don't discuss theirs with me.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Wrong. The hatred of gays is covert and subconscious. People don't realize they hold negative and oppressive beliefs about gays. Their superiority is what gay people do not like.

A poster on this thread said she doesn't agree with the lifestyle and thinks it is a sin to act out on it. So if I want to make out with a dude I like and caress and hold him and say loving things to him I know some superior Christian is looking down on me and judging my lifestyle. Process that information for once.
I believe the same as she does. My gay friends know that about me. But I don't believe the sins of gays is any worse or better than anyone else's, including my own so I just don't judge them or anyone else when I see 'sin'. I believe that is and will ultimately be between the sinner and the Creator. I can accept the person without accepting what they're doing. I have a former nephew in law who robbed banks. I didn't hate him b'c of it, just what he did. Process that information for once.

And you want to talk about superioriity? LMAO There's an ongoing joke between me and my gay friends about their snooty, superior attitudes. No one's immune to that. It goes around in all circles.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,151,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
What are your thoughts on it?
Well, I definitely think it's okay to be gay. I don't see why it would be bad to express that view to a kid . . . although for younger kids, it would be just as valuable to be exposed to the view that it's okay to be hetero, and that kids of the other sex do not have cooties just because they're a different gender.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:22 PM

765 posts, read 1,911,862 times
Maybe the should teach something in school like shooting your classmates is wrong...That is more important to me than Homo's. Face it christians the are homosexual's in America you can't stop them.. They don't concern themself with your narrow little mind. SO you have two choices get with it or get out of the way your 2000 year old dogma doesn't mean anything in the modern world.. Witches cannot be burned at the stake and your kids will eventually find out that GASP there are people in the world diffrent than them.And i hate to break it to you but that nice kid sitting next to you in church just may be homosexual ..

Old 12-12-2008, 04:43 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
Some gay people act snooty and superior as retaliation. Remember they are minorities and hold far less social power in our society than you do. Especially when you equate homosexuality with a "sinful" lifestyle. That is a problem right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I believe the same as she does. My gay friends know that about me. But I don't believe the sins of gays is any worse or better than anyone else's, including my own so I just don't judge them or anyone else when I see 'sin'. I believe that is and will ultimately be between the sinner and the Creator. I can accept the person without accepting what they're doing. I have a former nephew in law who robbed banks. I didn't hate him b'c of it, just what he did. Process that information for once.

And you want to talk about superioriity? LMAO There's an ongoing joke between me and my gay friends about their snooty, superior attitudes. No one's immune to that. It goes around in all circles.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Improper is what it is. Kindergarten is too young for sex education. No sex education should be given to any child of any age without parental permission. This is why Christians are sending their children to private schools. If the damage is not done, then it won't need to be undone.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,376,777 times
I don't agree with any type of "sex" issue being taught or discussed in lower grade levels, especially in kindergarten.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,737,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
I don't agree with any type of "sex" issue being taught or discussed in lower grade levels, especially in kindergarten.
No, sex education should not be taught to kindergarteners! But it should be taught that there are all different kinds of family structures, and that's ok!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:57 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,761,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
No, sex education should not be taught to kindergarteners! But it should be taught that there are all different kinds of family structures, and that's ok!

That's reasonable.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
lots of real live brain wash in public school system. lots of accusations of brainwash against the church. what is the difference between "education" and brainwash, who gets to sit in the drivers seat . prediction, disneyland will fold up and die bek it has abandoned all values, just like our school system will too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates