Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,739 times

Advertisements

The whole concept about reading stories where the parents are same sex couples is to show that there are different types of families. What is a family? Not all families are the same. Pretty simple stuff.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
Here is my response www.godhatesfags.com
Non sequiter and totally out of context with my post. Yes there are rabid zealots out there. Using these clowns on your link as an example of ALL Christians is the same as classifying ALL gays as child molesters. So I guess I could just reply to this with a link to NAMBLA??? C'mon man.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:06 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
What are your thoughts on it?

There is a curriculum that some schools use, I think "Welcoming Schools" that teaching kids to embrace gays, etc. I think it does cover some anti-bullyiing, which I understand, but why as there never been anti-bullying on short kids,kids with big nose, Christian kids, etc?

Some schools have even read stories about gays in KINDERGARTEN! Here are some links that tell about it:

Protect Marriage - Yes on 8 » Video (http://www.protectmarriage.com/video/view/6 - broken link) (Make sure to watch it all)
Prop8
How same-sex "marriage" affects Massachusetts

Just wondering about your thoughts on this matter?
This entire thread is based on made up "facts".
How the State of Mass. has chosen to integrate legal gay marriage into their public school system has NOTHING to do with California.
California's Prop 8 gives not ONE word about schoolchildren and education.
NOT ONE WORD Period.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:07 AM

84 posts, read 123,666 times
Without even discussing homosexuality, I think this issue illustrates one of the biggest things that's wrong with school itself. Whose brignt idea was it to make all the kids come together and be subjected to **anything** in common, in a setting so far removed from their parents' control, given that there is little-to-nothing in the way of beliefs that all of America shares with one mind and one heart? Whose bright idea was 'public' school, anyway?

Old 12-13-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Short people and people with big noses aren't organized. If they got themselves organized and had lobbying and PR groups then they could have influence too and schools would teach tolerance of the short and big nosed.

That's how it works, simple.
Bingo! People have to understand school as a political phenomenon. To endlessly debate the question, "What should the schools teach?" skips right past the more fundamental problem of the political beast that school boils down to in the first place.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:29 AM

Because of the political character of the schools, the most important lesson they can and do teach is that school's priorities must come first; no single person's priorities are so sacred that they can pre-empt that which school has decided the children must be subjected to, when it comes to either curriculum or bureaucratic operating procedure.

So, naturally, if you're a kid who finds himself tossed into the schooling system for 13 years, you look for a way to accommodate school's demands, and moral relativism / moral apathy are the most comfortable, straightforward "policies" you can adopt. That's why America is becoming a country of moral relativists. It's the catechism school teaches by way of experience.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:49 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Why should kids in school be taught that it's NOT OK to be Gay? Kids are born believing that everything is OK. Why not just let them keep on thinking that about Gay? Why do you think they need to be taught otherwisel? The function of school is to make kids safe for ideas, not to make ideas safe for kids.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Wrong. The hatred of gays is covert and subconscious. People don't realize they hold negative and oppressive beliefs about gays. Their superiority is what gay people do not like.
Accuse them of bad things, chalk it up to their subconscious, and call their subconscious oppressive. Then there's no way they can escape by disproving it.

Hard to believe I'm actually reading this.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:07 AM

659 posts, read 1,085,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Yes it is. If you've ever sat down and talked with gays. They will tell you about their overly strict and overly religious upbringings. They will talk about being oppressed and being looked down upon. They will tell you those stories of pain and anguish and confusion. So in retaliation you will see snootiness with the gay people.

So are you saying ALL gays were raised in this manner? Ture a great majority of them were (mostly being from the bible belt) but to apply that ideal onto all gays is just as bad if not worse as applying overzealous, gay-hating, gun-totting christian image onto all christians.

I've known many who were raised in liberal (and I don't mean conservative v. liberal, liberal), non-religious, homes, who were taught that it's okay to be different and that they will still be loved and still turned out to be gay or bi-sexual. Do they just not count? Or maybe they just don't exist. I don't know the answer to that one.

Just like one of the other posters said, no matter whether you are gay, straight, black, white, red, green, rich, or poor, everyone takes a bite of the snootiness cake; it's not the label that makes people haughty, it's the PERSON.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:16 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
School systems should leave out opinions on the matter. sex ed itself should be taught for a procreation purpose and responsibility. It does not have to then say it's ok or not ok to be gay there is no reason for that to even come up. If it comes up in sex ed class then the matter needs to be pondered on in a legal matter and not an opinion one. If they won't allow things like intelligent design in then they don't need to push other ideological lifestyles either.

You do understand why these people push further and further down the line in grade levels. The earlier they get them the easier it is to indoctrinate them. The public school system is drifting from a knowledge based program to one of a programming role. Sadly enough it used to be parents who helped program their children. This giant push towards equality and absolutely no discrimination in any manner against anything in this world is not only not real or human but it's borderline psychotic. The links are there though with the increase and availability of more surefire ways of birth control the responsibility thing is out the door there is now no longer as dramatic as consequences for the risky sexual behavior that spreads disease and stds. Herpes and things of the like are mentioned in passing by now through indoctrination through the TV set from drug companies. the 1/6 numbers is just ignored now when the commercials come on. Shortly after the technological increases in birth control and abortion has seen the breakdown in marriages. That can be verified by the steady increase in divorce rates. And now the steady attack against procreation is picking up.

Is this self destruction in slow motion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates