Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,104 times

Advertisements

ROFLMAO!! An anthropology class eh?? Weeeellllllllll..........how, pray tell, did the environment cause different races to have different bone structure???????? I can't wait for the answer, but I'll try to be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Actually, if you notice the people who live in Africa, you notice a different hair texture, but why? The environment has something to do with it. The wooly textured hair had more to do with an adaptation to the heat at the equator. I took an anthropology class at the university level, so I should know. Did you?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:44 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
ROFLMAO!! An anthropology class eh?? Weeeellllllllll..........how, pray tell, did the environment cause different races to have different bone structure???????? I can't wait for the answer, but I'll try to be patient!
Wow, you just love to downplay that theory. Who knows about bone structure? Anything could have caused that, and from what I have studied, there is more genetic variation between persons of the same ethnicity than between ethnicities.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:54 PM

709 posts, read 1,767,209 times
Quote:
Did you look up what "gray race" actually means? Apparently not. It's not a literal term. Gray as in...there is no black or white, such as a "gray" area,
Yes there is Black. What part of most offsprings who are a product of a White parent and a Black parent, still look Black in appearance do you not understand.

If Obama was not president of the United States, and was a just a regular joe who for example who robbed a convenience store in front of a couple of witnesses and than escaped. And than the police showed on the scene to ask the witnesses to physically describe the perpetrator's appearance, what do you think they would all say ?

I doubt any of them would say they can not describe because him because he has such as a racially exotic looking appearance that it is hard to put him into any one racial category.

You know what they would all say, they would all say he looks BLACK.

If Obama was an actor in Hollywood, his appearance would not give him enough range to play Nonblack roles.

Nobody would buy Obama playing an Italian or a Filipino for example.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
With this historic turn of events, the first African American president, do you expect a rise in racial mixing? Will it ever come to the point where we will become one mixed race?
-------------

But all Homo Sapiens Sapiens are 99,9 percent identical and we are all a mixed race.

Take my family, for example. I have documents tracing my last name to 1225. I know when some of them came from France to Catalonia in 1715. I have family that has been living in the same place for 1000 years.

Here in Europe we are all mixed.

All "Anglos" are extremely mixed people. Some of them have Indian and non-European blood, and most of them don't know where the come from. Anglos, for the most part, descend from many European and near Eastern populations, but they haven't preserved the language and culture.

Many were "brainwashed" and forced to adopt a bland and rather simple culture.

Anglos are mixed and brainwashed.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
-------------

But all Homo Sapiens Sapiens are 99,9 percent identical and we are all a mixed race.

Take my family, for example. I have documents tracing my last name to 1225. I know when some of them came from France to Catalonia in 1715. I have family that has been living in the same place for 1000 years.

Here in Europe we are all mixed.

All "Anglos" are extremely mixed people. Some of them have Indian and non-European blood, and most of them don't know where the come from. Anglos, for the most part, descend from many European and near Eastern populations, but they haven't preserved the language and culture.

Many were "brainwashed" and forced to adopt a bland and rather simple culture.

Anglos are mixed and brainwashed.
We disagree on many things, but this, we can agree.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
If we are all mixed race than why doesn't the majority of the world's population self identify as mixed race ?

Even in a country as diverse as the United States, only 2% of the population self identify themselves as mixed race.

Why isn't it considered socially popular in the United States to self identify as mixed race ? After all a whopping 98% of Americans refuse to be labeled as such.

The only state in the U.S that has a sizeable percentage of people who self identify as mixed race is Hawaii, and they are not even located in the lower 48.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:15 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
There are two states where other is the largest ethnic group, I live in an Army town, the only family on my block where both husband and wife are the same race is Chinese. When I grew up it was considered mixing if an Irish married Italian

Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 PM

7 posts, read 4,945 times
This topic would only matter to those who are white supremacists or blacks who are of certain muslim groups.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab P A R T N E R View Post
This topic would only matter to those who are white supremacists or blacks who are of certain muslim groups.
True and both groups consider it mixing to marry outside the family

Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
There are two states where other is the largest ethnic group, I live in an Army town, the only family on my block where both husband and wife are the same race is Chinese. When I grew up it was considered mixing if an Irish married Italian
An Irish marrying an Italian is not the same thing as a Somali marrying a Swede.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates