Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
If my chance ever came, I would do so. What I have is a cynicism when it comes to race relations. I am not saying things can't get better. I am just saying the way we do things now, it won't get better and haven't really gotten that much better, just different and certain things are kept at the dinner table.
Can you explain what you mean by if you had the chance you woud marry someone f a different race? Is that a preference? Your comment is worded such that it appears to be a preference as opposed to a coincidence.

Thanks!

Also, your Mom is Black/African American as is your Dad. Why do we continue the post slavery custom of listing every nationality that our ancestors have procreated with? American Blacks come in all shades from coal to cream. I stopped saying I was African, French, Irish and Native Amercian when I understood the pathology behind it. My ten cents for tonight.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 AM

983 posts, read 3,598,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
that in itself is somehow a turn-on just because you see it as being different. (eww?)
I fail to see anything eww about that.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:08 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
There is only ONE RACE. LOOK IT UP!!!

ONE.

By definition, there is one race. Ethnicity is a different matter. There is only one race. One.

Look- there is only a 3% difference between you and I or I and anyone............the color of my skin, my hair and my eyes.........the rest is the same. One race.
I would argue that point if you based it on intelligence.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
With this historic turn of events, the first African American president, do you expect a rise in racial mixing? Will it ever come to the point where we will become one mixed race?
Yes, I expect interracial relationships to increase in the years to come.

By the way, Barack Obama is multiracial, not African American.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
Barack Obama is African American because that's how HE CHOOSES to identify himself. Most African AMericans are a mix of races

Let people choose how they'd like to identify themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Yes, I expect interracial relationships to increase in the years to come.

By the way, Barack Obama is multiracial, not African American.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Quote:
With this historic turn of events, the first African American president, do you expect a rise in racial mixing? Will it ever come to the point where we will become one mixed race?
We ARE one race : Humankind . We all have red blood , roughly 4 lbs of skin as an adult, a couple of eyes/ears , and each has a Soul . This idea of different races stemmed from an attitude of biggotry fueled by pride and hate.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
FYI: despite the hypodescent rule still in effect (the perceived lower status 'race/ethnicity' being dominant)-----------Obama is just as White as he is Black.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:02 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,625 times
america has a social heirarchy/class based on race.

whites at the top then biracials(white admixture), indians(india), middle-easterners, african-americans and then oriental asians.

america will become a racially miscegenated people who will resemble mulattoes, hispanics, middle-easterners and indians(india). they will be darker skinned caucasoid type people along with european whites.

social class has NOTHING to do with merit in america. that is the biggest lie about america, it's all based on how much white admixture or how caucasian you look. that is natural though since it is founded by whites.

sure, you can make money, live in wealth etc but that doesn't have much to do with overall social class as viewed by general americana.

i believe oriental asians will not immigrate much in the future and most will remain in asia. i'm glad of it since it gets quite annoying living in a culture where you can be looked down upon by anyone that looks part caucasian even if they are dumber than a rock or a degenerate as if that makes them better and many do believe that.

still, i think it's natural though since again, it's founded by whites and they are the largest demographic so it is and will be a white country. this is white/caucasian/hispanic/black (because they were forcefully brought over as slaves) territory.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:52 PM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
[quote=rory00;11481637]america has a social heirarchy/class based on race.

whites at the top then biracials(white admixture), indians(india), middle-easterners, african-americans and then oriental asians.

america will become a racially miscegenated people who will resemble mulattoes, hispanics, middle-easterners and indians(india). they will be darker skinned caucasoid type people along with european whites.

social class has NOTHING to do with merit in america. that is the biggest lie about america, it's all based on how much white admixture or how caucasian you look. that is natural though since it is founded by whites.

sure, you can make money, live in wealth etc but that doesn't have much to do with overall social class as viewed by general americana.

i believe oriental asians will not immigrate much in the future and most will remain in asia. i'm glad of it since it gets quite annoying living in a culture where you can be looked down upon by anyone that looks part caucasian even if they are dumber than a rock or a degenerate as if that makes them better and many do believe that.

still, i think it's natural though since again, it's founded by whites and they are the largest demographic so it is and will be a white country. this is white/caucasian/hispanic/black (because they were forcefully brought over as slaves) territory.[/q

attitudes like this don't help! Its really odd but where i live the majority is mixed and it seems to work just fine

Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
america has a social heirarchy/class based on race.

Umm, general Americana is of lower social class, is it not? I don't see why those views would matter among the affluent. I think SES, hence education, profession, etc, would be of more importance than ethnicity among the higher classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates