Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times

Advertisements

Scare tactics are ridiculous! Adult men and adult women should be allowed to marry other adult men and women as they choose. It's ridiculous how this topic gets spun with the slippery slope of marrying your dog and your cousin. Those discussions are not even in the same realm. Seriously! Two men who are in love is not the same as a man and his dog who love each other. First, the dog has no say in the marriage. Second, dogs and other animals are not protected under the law the same way that humans are. There is a reason for that! All men were supposed to be created equal, not man and his best animal friend! As far as incest is concerned, there is a reason that law was created. Often times when incest was taking place, it was usually an older male with an under age female. This was also an issue of abuse of power. Young girls were being forced into marrying kin because they were told to do so, not because it was a choice. Plus, the idea of a father marrying his own daughter is sick and perverted! Even if it was legal, I just cannot imagine allowing something like that to take place. The man who created a baby turning around and having sex with her later on down the road?

Old 03-08-2009, 12:28 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
Sorry fellas, you still can't marry animals.

This just means you have to keep on sneaking onto the farms, drunk, in the middle of the night......

Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,196 times
well incests leaves the rest of us taking care of children with our taxes dollars, their children will be retarded and that is medically it is a luck of the draw that they will not come out with some type of defects. it is comparable to a dog even for dogs they will not keep a brother and a sister in fears that they might me. so it is not about love or anything else it is sick and it is a sin

Old 04-08-2009, 12:59 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
having sex with a animal is quite disturbing but not uncommon.As far as marrying & having sex with your blood sister its just something that will always be looked down upon & illegal.I personelly wouldnt marry or sex my sister but what two consenting adults do is their own business & not the damn govt/state (lawmakers).The idiot lawmakers are just that...idiots.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:41 AM

253 posts, read 805,713 times
i dont believe in family sex, yuk, thats incest, but...they are letting gays do what they want when its not proper either, i mean, God made adam and eve, not adam and steve, but i dont care, as long as i dont have to watch them making out in public, im ok, what people do behind closed doors is their buisness.
doing animals??? ok, my gosh, ya would have to be coyote date ugly is all ya can get for a date is a critter....oh well....guess thats why the Jerry springer show is so popular...for all the wackos out there who dont know the right "key to put in the lock" so to speak. speaking of which....jerry springer is almost on....gotta go see who is doing "what" today...lol

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Seriously. If we allow marrying people of the same sex, why not members of the family? Or a pet? Who is someone else to draw the line where THEY consider it reasonable and impose their morals on others?
I've known straight spouses who were real animals, screwing everything in sight, having kids out of wedlock, husbands beating wives, wives beating husbands, spouses abusing kids, husbands raping daughters, selling or giving kids away, living miserably, and impoverished lives etc.. So on that note, I guess you could compare people to "animals" but in said cases, non-human animals are a step up!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:26 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I would be more likely to take out a hit on a family member then want to marry one of them.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
So marriage is about children when it comes to incestuous couples possibly producing deformed kids?

But then when it comes to homosexuals, who produce no children, suddenly the issue of children doesn't apply?

So are you concerned about the ability to produce children or only children that meet your criteria of what constitutes healthy and ideal? Not that I'm defending incest, I'm just trying to figure out what your motives/views are in regards to this.

Did you know that first cousin marriages have a five percent risk of some defect. That's not exactly too serious at this day in age when there are all sorts of environmental risks, risks from aspartame, risks from mercury in the fish, lead in the water, etc, is it? Well five percent is worse than one percent or one-half of one percent, but five percent doesn't seem reason enough to say "no first cousin marriages" does it?
Laws banning marriage between first cousins are based on outdated assumptions about a high degree of genetic risk for offspring and should be repealed, according to a population genetics expert.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:04 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,192 times
No never ever a family member because we are just an ugly family.

Now if a moose I once noticed while in a plane as I was landing in Alaska is OK then I may consider. But not sure how to get my "babe" to the 8th floor of my condo.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
if you marry a cow doe's moo mean no sex!!!! and if you marry a goat doe's bahh mean no sex..if you marry a cat doe's meow mean no sex.. the animals have it hard enough without humans marrying them.. mmmoooooooooooooooo bahhhhhhh meowwwwwww

i think a cat would be kinda tight and would tear off your ballzzzzz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates