Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:44 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times

Advertisements

i think sir you do a lota race posts on CDF. i never see anything else and wish i would. got any hobbies or things you like to do and share with others. i would enjoy hearing about them. have a good sunday.
i have a dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,300,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There are also more dumb righthanded people than dumb lefthanded people. What does that prove?

The majority of people with high IQ better themselves. What does that prove?
True, because there are more right handed people. You have to look at the rates or percentages. I haven't seen this discussion for awhile. I think most people understand this concept.

"The majority of high IQ people better themselves." True enough. What does that prove? It proves that many who reamin in poverty remain there because they do not have the mental capacity or ability to better themselves beyond the poverty level. This is true of both black and white folks.

The only reason that I mention this is because there are those who would say that the only reason blacks remain in poverty is prejudice and discrimination. I don't believe that is the case. I believe most people who remain in poverty do not have the mental capacity or ability to produce beyond the poverty level.

- Reel

Old 07-12-2009, 09:13 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,300,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i think sir you do a lota race posts on CDF. i never see anything else and wish i would. got any hobbies or things you like to do and share with others. i would enjoy hearing about them. have a good sunday.
i have a dream.
If you are talking about me, Mr. Berry, I will try to do exactly that.

- Reel

Old 07-12-2009, 09:17 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
True, because there are more right handed people. You have to look at the rates or percentages. I haven't seen this discussion for awhile. I think most people understand this concept.
l
So, in fact, you were saying that the percentage of whites who are dumb is higher than the percentage of blacks who are dumb. First define dumb, and then show us the statistics.

There have been many studies (not all reliable) that show intelligence of whites to be higher than blacks, but I know of none that show intellligence of blacks to be higher than whites, so I eagerly await your link to such a study.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:21 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Great Debates

Counted 7 racial threads here, if I actually were to go into each thread
I'd most likely find more racial content.

I agree with the last poster. If ppl would find something to do besides
racial discussions maybe you'd stop seeing this problem.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:55 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,838,232 times
I took some tests when I was little and they said I was really smart, maybe even a genius.

Then I went to school and got a little dumber.

After highschool, I joined the military and got a lot dumber.

When I got out of the military, I went to college and got real stupid.

Over the next several decades of working, watching TV, and voting for politicians, I got so stupid all I could do was limp along in the middle of the zombie parade. But I had lots of company.

When I retired, I started to get smarter.

I almost made it back to genius level, but too much Internet is making me stupid again.

I'm White, but if I were Black my life probably would have followed the same course except that I might have played more basketball and wouldn't have been called Pee Wee in the gym shower room.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 AM

1,122 posts, read 2,317,861 times
I have two thoughts on this and I will make two different post on them. The first:

Racial hatred has no boundries. Racial hatred is within each race. The problem is that when you have ONE person of ONE race, regardless of that race, the entire race being prejudiced against expects the entire race of that one racist person to take accountability for that.

When you combine this one fact with one conflict of war from as small as a one on one altercatrion to larger conflicts such as those in the middle East, you have a conflict in which that one person uses that to base their prejudices while everyone else is simply disgusted with that individual action and often fearful that another act will happen from that same violent group. Then that race being prejudiced against uses that to justify what they say about the entirety of the other race with ,the one perjudice individual, taking responsiblity as a whole race.

Its all so confusing. Think of it this way....You have a family. The father is prejudiced against another race. The mother instills in their children to not be prejudice and they all grow up believing their mother's belief system about race. They treat that race as they would anyone else, but don't do anything more to proclaim their unracistness. They are just normal. But that father proclaims his hatred against that race loudly and publicly. That is when you start to hear things about that prejudice "family" and how the others are probably just pretending to find company with the other race friends and want to make them justify their behavior.

They also over anaylize actions within those healthy mixed race friendships to make comments about mundane actions seeming prejudice. Now these mother's children, if they continue their mixed race friendships, think of every little thing they say and do, how they walk and talk to try so hard to not come across prejudice. Then when they point this out, they are accused of being prejudiced for thinking this way.

AHHH!! Leave ME alone and blame the problems not on race but on individuals, education opportunities that these individuals lacked within all races and different levels of education and income.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:39 AM

1,122 posts, read 2,317,861 times
Not long ago, I have a small debate with a guy that I worked with. We talked about our possible prospec to moving down south. I said one of the cons was that our children have been raised with a very racially mixed extended family and I didn't really like the idea of moving them from that into a more racist area of the country.

He told me he visited relative in that same area yearly and did not see or hear of any racism, that racism in the south is no longer that of the 60's, or even 20 years ago.

I told him he was wrong.

This is one of the issues with the most northern of the states. They are isolated from the problems of every day living of the south and do not realize there are still things like segregated proms going on. We think south and we might make fun of their funny accent and that some might be inbred. Past the jokes, in reality, not too many people truly feel this way. However, you get someone ticked off down there, and the likelyhood that you'll be called a yankee is much higher than if they were up here and we called them a hick, unless they were being racist or something else as shocking, but then again, we'd do that to our neighbors for acting that way.

Up here, we generally do not see the need in analyzing work place diversity. It seemed stupid to us because we were more racially diverse than our community through choice of the best employees and those with less racial numbers worked just as hard as we did to earn their higher positions. We saw more importance placed in female/male ratio checking.

But in the south in many areas, it is still important and many people are prejudiced against each other (yes I said EACH OTHER, not just one against the other). BUT as we speak, Euro-American (I'm offended by the word Caucasian because those from Asia are called Asian American but those from Europe are generalized as a whole with an entire continent, where the importance of direct ancesorty and heritage is ignored, and most "white people" would say their ancestors are from Europe, not the Caucasus Mountains. Caucasian also often goes uncapitalized as though this orgin and race is unimportant.) are quickly becoming the minority in numbers so what is with all this white supremacy when most of the world contains races other than the white.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Going back to the OP for a bit, there have been a slew of racially based threads started lately here on CD. Some of them blatant trolling, some of them a bit more discussion oriented. problem with race threads is that they pull in a lot of different views, many of them quite inflammatory, and chips get knocked off shoulders. This is not a subject that lends itself readily to staying rational, and folks read what they want to see into every single posting. I was actually surprised at the amount of intelligent thought that has gone into many of the posts on this particular thread. There may be hope for the subject to be approached without a ton of baiting and emotional venting, yet. Perhaps the threads will separate themselves into different catagories, with the race baiters gravitating to certain threads and the more rational folks posting in others. We shall see...............

Old 07-13-2009, 10:50 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'm too am rather surprised by the amount of racial animosity and hatred - but mostly because most of it is coming from blacks & mixed race folks.
Amen !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates